Kinky twists, Senagalese twists, micro braid Wearers...

upliftedjw

Hey everyone! I have a quick question if you all don't mind answering: After you take your twists or braids extensions out, do you immediately put a protein treatment in your hair or do you just wash normally? TIA!

I'm wondering because I just took my self installed kinky twists out and what I used to do was prepoo with EVOO and EVCO overnight and wash/poo/dc the next morning. However, I had these babies in for three months and I'm def overdue for a protein treatment. I'm nervous on whether to do the treatment now or during my next wash day :perplexed

I am happy about how much it has grown and how much thicker it is...can't wait until March (1yr naturalversary! :grin:) (Sorry for the fuzziness of the pic)

Attachments

• hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 32
I DC with protein every other week at least while in braids so I don't necessarily do a protein treatment when I take my braids out, unless that's the week one was due. There are people who use Infusium leave-in during while wearing braids so they too get plenty of protein while in braids, so I don't think a protein treatment is necessary.

My guess is if you haven't been giving yourself a protein treatment while in braids, kinky twists, Senegalese twists or it's been a while since you did, then it won't hurt to give yourself one when you take them out.

Thank Nonie! My daily braid spray mix had a bit of protein in it but it was very mild and honestly, I didnt spray my braids every day b/c it usually felt moisturized.

Thank Nonie! My daily braid spray mix had a bit of protein in it but it was very mild and honestly, I didnt spray my braids every day b/c it usually felt moisturized.

Then I'd DC with something like Emergencee or Aubrey Organics GPB. They're both mild/reconstructors and so at least you know you won't overdo the protein but you will be ensuring your hair has got a bit of pampering. I'd follow the instructions and shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo after DCing with either reconstructor and following with a moisturizing conditioner.

Back