The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO how are you ladies styling your actual hair throughout the day? I know yall aren't walking around dripping all day :lol:

Most times i wear a shrunken fro. With so much moisture it looks a little curly on the ends.
Other times, when I feel a little greasy, I wear box braids, moisturize and braid the braid so that in the morning they are a little curly .

Last edited:
Please add me Adora! Hubby has some StaSofFro around here so I'll try that, but if it doesn't work I'll pick up some Hawaiian Silky. My starting pic is in my siggy!

I know this is all off topic, but ADORA! Not only do you act like sister...you look just like her!:shocked: I had to do a double take! I'm going to have to find a picture and send it to you! :shocked:

UGH!!! I can't wait until I can have a side pony like this!!!:lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

check out my side pony lol. its not high fashion but its good enought to lay around and run to the corner store in :grin:, this is me on "the juice" :yep::yep::yep:, check out my lil dollar store clip on flower ahahahaha, im rocking the juice son!!!

CIMG1692-vi.jpg
CIMG1669-vi.jpg

Okay yall, tell me if I'm wrong, but Adora looks just like my crazy sister!

I know this is all off topic, but ADORA! Not only do you act like sister...you look just like her!:shocked: I had to do a double take! I'm going to have to find a picture and send it to you! :shocked:

Attachments

• KCL.jpg
    KCL.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 53
  • KCL2.jpg
    KCL2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 53
OK so this is like my first challenge, so lets get it poppin :grin:

Everyone who knows me on here, knows that I love the juice, Jheri juice

that is, AKA (glycerin based hair moisturizers) such as:

CARE FREE CURL, GOLD :)

SCURL SPRAY:
)

WAVE Nouveau)

MY STORY: 2007 I found a bottle of Care Free Curl and fell in love. Went from above SL to WL in under three years:yep:

I used it once or twice daily on all the length of my hair. I truely know that this product enabled me to retain ALL OF MY LENGTH.

So here are the rules:look:: 1. "live by the juice, die by the juice":lachen:

2. must use at least once a day on all the length of hair (especially those ends)

3. wash or DC hair whenever you like,

4. NO OIL. because why :look:. you have the juice, what the heck you need oil for? just keep it simple.....but since everyone is in love with coconut oil, coconut oil is permitted :rolleyes:.

5. must check in. Let us know waz good, tell us how your hair is doing, I would love for you to check in every week:grin:, please post pictures!! :grin: (no pressure tho) Lets post update pics at the end of each month.:

challenge starts: April 1,2010 *** Ends: June 30,2010!!

since almost everyone's hair grows 1/2 inches each month,

lets see if we can retain the growth!! will you have 1.5

inches retained by the end of this challenge? I know i will :grin::grin:!!!

MY REGGIE: I DC on dry hair every three days with ors replenishing pack, mixed with a cholesterol: I never DC under two hours,

I always DC for more then 4 hours , I go hard :grin:.

Thats it, what........ you were expecting a long, dragged out reggie?.....nah i keeps it simple :grin:

So whos up for the challenge? please thank my post so I

can know whos with me on this.

Hi,

can i be in, although i will be doing this on my daughter's hair ( because she is natural and I did neglect her hair for a while:wallbash:). i will be moisturising at least once aday with HS 14 in 1, but still need to seal with coconut oil. will DC (aubrey organic JAY/GPB) and shampoo (aubrey's swimmer shmpoo) once a week on the day she has swimming, than twist her hair.
will post pics before and after (unfortunately i don't have those t-shirt with lengh check, will do my best)
God bless you all and good luck!

Hey is it too late to join this challenge? I have been using the S Curl everyday for the past couple of months and yes I have been retaining length.

Please add me in. I wanna have long and strong hair too :strong:

:grin::grin:<--whispering under breath "aahh the coconut oil" you know, you really dont need to oil lol, but my head is not your head so ill shut up lol :lachen:, go ahead, use the oil if you have to have it:grin::grin:, cuz im all for "what works:yep::yep:" so work it girl!!!

You know even though I use the "juice" on my hair and ends, I still use the "oil" to help seal it in. It has been working wonders :yep:

I think I'm going to get off of the sidelines and join the challenge.:look: Add me, Adora. "The Juice" has really helped me with retention since I started transitioning and while wearing braids.:yep: In my opinion, it works better than braid spray (my braids and twists are always done with synthetic hair). I even baggy at night with it.

I'll be using Worlds of Curls http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/woofcucooutc.html. I also have Sta Sof Fro http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/im...UTF8&n=3760911&s=beauty&qid=1269268323&sr=8-1.

I don't plan to buy CareFreeCurl anytime soon, I already have enough "juice" to last for the next 2 years.:sekret: I would leave my curl moisturizer at home when I hit the road :driver: and I would end up buying more.:nono:

OK so this is like my first challenge, so lets get it poppin :grin:

Everyone who knows me on here, knows that I love the juice, Jheri juice

that is, AKA (glycerin based hair moisturizers) such as:

CARE FREE CURL, GOLD :)

SCURL SPRAY:
)

WAVE Nouveau)

MY STORY: 2007 I found a bottle of Care Free Curl and fell in love. Went from above SL to WL in under three years:yep:

I used it once or twice daily on all the length of my hair. I truely know that this product enabled me to retain ALL OF MY LENGTH.

So here are the rules:look:: 1. "live by the juice, die by the juice":lachen:

2. must use at least once a day on all the length of hair (especially those ends)

3. wash or DC hair whenever you like,

4. NO OIL. because why :look:. you have the juice, what the heck you need oil for? just keep it simple.....but since everyone is in love with coconut oil, coconut oil is permitted :rolleyes:.

5. must check in. Let us know waz good, tell us how your hair is doing, I would love for you to check in every week:grin:, please post pictures!! :grin: (no pressure tho) Lets post update pics at the end of each month.:

challenge starts: April 1,2010 *** Ends: June 30,2010!!

since almost everyone's hair grows 1/2 inches each month,

lets see if we can retain the growth!! will you have 1.5

inches retained by the end of this challenge? I know i will :grin::grin:!!!

MY REGGIE: I DC on dry hair every three days with ors replenishing pack, mixed with a cholesterol: I never DC under two hours,

I always DC for more then 4 hours , I go hard :grin:.

Thats it, what........ you were expecting a long, dragged out reggie?.....nah i keeps it simple :grin:

So whos up for the challenge? please thank my post so I

can know whos with me on this.

Participants:
1. AdoraAdora24
2. Firstborn2
3. Knt1229
4. OhSoOthentik
5. Ycj1
6. MISSTZ12
7. Go0dGirl08
8. Jazzyhair
9. Adel10
10. My Friend
11. BlkOnyx488
12. Enyo
13. tallnomad
14. Mz.MoMo5235
15. MyAngelEyez~C~U
16. ms.blue
17. song_of_serenity
18. natura87
19. yardyspice
20. swalker31
21. teysmith
22. Coil Tresses
23. blackbarbie986
24. cutenss
25. babs19
26. brebre928
27. foxee
28. honey009
29. janet'
30. jerseyjill
31. NinasLongAmbition
32. lacying
33. L.Brown1114
34. EMJazzy
35. dyh080
36. Dragone
37. Reyna21
38. Starronda
39. PrincessLinzz
40. omachine
41. tkj25
42. MAMATO
43. CaribbeanQueen
44. Mrsjohnson912
45. TdotGirl
46. sunbubbles
47. Ebonybunny
48. leleepop
49. Michelle Obama fan
50. GaiasDaughter24
51. PistolWhip
52. sparklebh
53. Keioffa
54. princessdi
55. Chelz
56. jayjaycurlz
57. LaFemmeNaturelle
58.The Princess
59. DDTexlaxed
60. twinkletoes17
61. luvn_life
62. Nice & Wavy
63. MiiSS kECiia
64. Rei
65. Ms_CoCo37
66. PittiPat
67. ILuvsmuhgrass
68. Mane Event
69. Kimiche
70. afrikurl
71. a_shoe_6307

Count me in

Okay....I think I'm ready to get juicy!

Add me in Adora, thankya kindly.

Quick question though...is a water/glycerin mix basically juice w/less ingredients? I'm gonna buy some Scurl and CFCG today to see which one I like better, but I also have this big bottle of glycerin I'm trying to get rid of.

I'm excited I must say........I just hope I don't start smelling like an 80s flashback :lachen:

I want in puh-leeze. I can't believe that I'm almost out of my watered down S Curl Juice and I've been tryna decide if I want to try CFC or HS 14n1 next. So many choices what ta do what ta do? I have crochet braids in until end of April so I'll send an updated photo then. I currently spray my edges with S Curl but will go back to spraying my cornrows too with it too. I want to compare all the juices but in the meantime I have WV Mist at home so I can use that when I run out. Thanks for the challenge - I'm pumped!

lets get it poppin! I just went and bought out my local discount store! They had a TON of Stay Sof Fro, and African Pride Sheen spray for .99 cents/bottle! I bought 6 of those AND a tub of activator gel! I LOVE how the gel makes my hair hang without making it hard!! woo hoo!! I cant wait to start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back