The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:grin::grin:lol thinking about a little girl screaming from the juice :lachen:.
:blush: It was supposed to keep my hair soft but instead it turned me tender headed for the day. I think I still remember the pain even to this day. I just didn't remember it was the juice that caused it.:lol:

what are the juices that you have tried?

I've only tried CFCG activator and gel, SSF (as mentioned eaerlier:lachen:) and I've been having success using African Pride Braid Spray with the C&G braids regimen. Does that count as juice? I've only used in while my hair was in yarn braids but it was def moisturized and soft when I took them down a few days ago. So, if that's good I'll get more of that or try tkj25's juice recipe. I don't think it's the glycerine because I use other products with glycerine and my hair doesn't behave like this. DIY juice may just be the best bet for me.

I'd like to join this challenge! I have to figure out which to use, though. S curl worked well in the past, but I am wondering about Carefree Curl gold.:yep:

:blush: It was supposed to keep my hair soft but instead it turned me tender headed for the day. I think I still remember the pain even to this day. I just didn't remember it was the juice that caused it.:lol:

I've only tried CFCG activator and gel, SSF (as mentioned eaerlier:lachen:) and I've been having success using African Pride Braid Spray with the C&G braids regimen. Does that count as juice? I've only used in while my hair was in yarn braids but it was def moisturized and soft when I took them down a few days ago. So, if that's good I'll get more of that or try tkj25's juice recipe. I don't think it's the glycerine because I use other products with glycerine and my hair doesn't behave like this. DIY juice may just be the best bet for me.

@ bolded. ok ok so its not the glycerine, thats a relief :yep:. and i think you are right about the DIY juice being better for you. try scurl, and right on. i think you might like those also

LOL! Adora I love you. "Live by the juice, die by the juice" :lachen:

I'll give it a try. It'll be hard for me to give up my jojoba oil :( But at least I can have coconut oil lol. I need to retain my length. I'm transitioning and suffering from some breakage. My ends are saying "PEACE!" one strand at a time :( Pics coming on April Fool's!

Are we allowed to use heat? I'd rather straighten my hair to show progress o.o

LOL! Adora I love you. "Live by the juice, die by the juice" :lachen:

I'll give it a try. It'll be hard for me to give up my jojoba oil :( But at least I can have coconut oil lol. I need to retain my length. I'm transitioning and suffering from some breakage. My ends are saying "PEACE!" one strand at a time :( Pics coming on April Fool's!

Are we allowed to use heat? I'd rather straighten my hair to show progress o.o

yes:yep:, you can use heat. :grin: thanks for joining!

count me in! I'm tired of spending a lot of money on my hair and now that its warmer I can use glycerin again. I already have a bottle of cfc sitting here, might as well use it up.

yay!!!!

ok i'll be using care free curl activator in the yellow bottle mixed 50/50 with water (dont like the gold). i will still be sealing with oil. it helps keep the moisture in so i only have to do it 1-2x per day (with out i would need to moisturize at work and too many people there have seen coming to america and i'm not trying to get teased lol). i'll also be bunning 5-7 days per week (dry bunning, i dont like wet ones) and using my bonnet at nite (unless i start to see thinning edges then i'll leave the bonnet alone).

here are my starting pix taken on mar 19th

mar19201002.jpg

LIVE BY THE JUICE, DIE BY THE JUICE!!!

yay!!!!

ok i'll be using care free curl activator in the yellow bottle mixed 50/50 with water (dont like the gold). i will still be sealing with oil. it helps keep the moisture in so i only have to do it 1-2x per day (with out i would need to moisturize at work and too many people there have seen coming to america and i'm not trying to get teased lol). i'll also be bunning 5-7 days per week (dry bunning, i dont like wet ones) and using my bonnet at nite (unless i start to see thinning edges then i'll leave the bonnet alone).

here are my starting pix taken on mar 19th

mar19201002.jpg

LIVE BY THE JUICE, DIE BY THE JUICE!!!

absolutely lovely!!!!! :grin::grin::grin:. my hair is basicly the same as my siggy pic. :yep:

I'm in braids and will be for the rest of the year.

lol you make me laugh soo hard....... im just still thinking about you inside a plastic bag, and your DH hearing "crumple, crumple, krinckle, krinckle from the bag all niigt :lachen::lachen::lachen:. im sorry,

but just know this, everytime you post, im laughing:grin:

@ bolded. ok ok so its not the glycerine, thats a relief :yep:. and i think you are right about the DIY juice being better for you. try scurl, and right on. i think you might like those also

Thanks for all your help Adora, dyh080 and Firstborn2!:kisses:
Adora, don't bother signing me up to the challenge this time. I'll wait until I've tried the S-Curl and DIY juice over the next few months so I can totally commit to the next juice challenge- I am 100% positive there will be another one!:D
I'll still pop in from time to time and let y'all know if any of the juices work for my hair. It might help someone else who's having juice problems like me.
Good luck with the "juice" everybody and very HHG!:blowkiss:

Thanks for all your help Adora, dyh080 and Firstborn2!:kisses:
Adora, don't bother signing me up to the challenge this time. I'll wait until I've tried the S-Curl and DIY juice over the next few months so I can totally commit to the next juice challenge- I am 100% positive there will be another one!:D
I'll still pop in from time to time and let y'all know if any of the juices work for my hair. It might help someone else who's having juice problems like me.
Good luck with the "juice" everybody and very HHG!:blowkiss:

aww ok, well I look forward to seeing you at our next "soul glo" challenge :grin::grin:. you can cheer us on from the sidelines:grin::grin:

Ah man, please add me to the list. I've been waiting for this for the past few days. I can't wait to moisturize tonight and let my soooooooul glo......

Hey Jozze I was just going to suggest that you might try that recipe, the activators may have other harsh chemicals that your hair just don't agree with. Hope things work out for you.:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back