The feeling is back... I want to dye my hair!

KurlyNinja

I LOVED dying my hair! Before my HHJ I had bleached hair and was dying it with different Manic Panic temporary dyes. After I got over that I dyed my hair an Ash Brown color that I also loved. I've always loved dying my hair especially since my mom didnt allow me to dye my hair when I lived in her house. She was always afraid my hair would fall out or I would look crazy. I gave up the dyes once I started transitioning ( I also transitioned out of the dye). So I havent dyed my hair in over 2 years. I've always been scared that I wouldn't be able to retain length. But the itch is back... And I cant deny it much longer. I was either thinking of going blue-black. Or dying the top half of my hair red. (I learned a loooong time ago that my nape is too fragile to dye or relax for that matter). All I know is that I want color back! I'm just terrified that I wont meet my hair goals and all my hair is going to melt off my head. And I have no idea what only coloring the top half of my hair is going to look like on natural hair.

So tell me some good things about dying hair. Please tell me that my hair wont instantly melt off. :lol: Tell me what you do to keep retaining length. Show me your dyed hair!!! Tell me what I shouldn't do andwhat I should. Please because I'm about a week from changing my hair color and the only thing stopping me is that I havent gotten paid yet.

I also LOVE manic panic. Special Effects is good too! I used both to make my bangs pink. And I would do the same thing by switching up colors when I felt like it :) Every so often I see someone rocking some crazy beautiful color and it makes me miss my color. My suggestion would be to just dye a section of your hair, like your bangs or nape. Colored hair takes SO much maintenance. And can break easily because of dryness, But when done right it can look amazing and give you a whole new look. I would be too nervous to dye my whole head or to much of my length so I choose my bangs because I can regularly trim those with any setbacks. Hope this helps, let me know if you have a question :)

Last edited:
LexaKing

You hair looks so good! Everybody keeps telling me i'll be fine since I take care of my hair really good anyway, but that doesnt mean it makes me any less nervous. I probably will start with just my bang area. Maybe that will satisfy my itch for dyed hair. I just need a change and cutting my hair is not in the picture.

KurlyNinja said:
LexaKing

You hair looks so good! Everybody keeps telling me i'll be fine since I take care of my hair really good anyway, but that doesnt mean it makes me any less nervous. I probably will start with just my bang area. Maybe that will satisfy my itch for dyed hair. I just need a change and cutting my hair is not in the picture.

Yeah the bangs alone can give such a different look without the risk. I would do the bangs to start with and if you see that your hair takes color well and you maintain it and keep it healthy then color more if you still want it. But I think no matter what color equals more frequent trims. Whatever you decide I wanna see pix :)

Glad I could help! Happy coloring!!

Back