The "Crazy Pass"

macherieamour

OK, this is kind of a SPIN_ OFF to the “Why Am I doing this again” thread. I hope it will serve as a little encouragement to the Newbies and other members who are currently frustrated with their hair.

EVERYONE GETS A CRAZY PASS

I feel like, after you make the decision to start maintaining your hair yourself, there is a period of time where you may…look a little crazy. But that’s NORMAL and its only gonna help your learn about your hair in the end:)

For example, when I started rollersetting, I would wear my (bone strait relaxed) hair out curly. After two hours, I have five curls that drooped, a couple frizzy parts and my hair was HUGE!!! And everyone had something to say! But, after I figured out how to maintain the curls and use the right products, I can get it too look semi-normal

Also, I tried air-drying my hair with NO product in a ponytail. My hair was sooo dry and brittle and AGAIN, everyone had something to say. I even had people at my job offering me money to get my hair done.

Anyway, I say this to encourage people not to give up because their hair doesn’t look “done” all the time right away. It takes time and practice

Ladies, please share your “crazy” stories!

Air-drying with NO product?!? :eek:

Girl, I know my hair would look a hot dry mess like that! :)

Seriously though, you are so right. I have people wondering what is wrong with me and my hair since I have been wearing it up everyday and not using any styling tools in between shampoo days.

I have not been using rollers (not even Carusos) or anything just to avoid manipulation while I try to retain more of my ends.

I do not feel cute, sexy or pretty, just presentable. :ohwell:

I just have to remember my goal.

But, I must say, my BF does not seem to mind much. I made the comment that I have not been feeling beautiful and he told me that he did not like that I said that about myself.

He has been working out more and getting so sexy this summer. He really has been looking yummy these days. I really feel like someone is going to snatch him up with the way I have been looking these days. But, so far he still treats me like I am the best looking thing out here, but I cannot help but feel insecure a little.

Last edited:
macherieamour said:
Also, I tried air-drying my hair with NO product in a ponytail. My hair was sooo dry and brittle and AGAIN, everyone had something to say. I even had people at my job offering me money to get my hair done.

I have had the exact same thing happen. It's rude. I know I look a mess, and will continue looking a mess until my hair looks the way I want.

I've had my days when I mixed together all the wrong products and ended up with hair so greasy it put the Jherri curl to shame.

I've had scraggly, poofy ponytails as a result of not airdrying correctly.

And one day I thought I was all cute with my wash-and-go...but I was put in my place quick by classmates who asked me if I was "going through some stuff". :perplexed

It's all good though, the day will come when I let this hair down and all those jaws will hit the floor in unison.

redRiot said:
I have had the exact same thing happen. It's rude. I know I look a mess, and will continue looking a mess until my hair looks the way I want.

I've had my days when I mixed together all the wrong products and ended up with hair so greasy it put the Jherri curl to shame.

And one day I thought I was all cute with my wash-and-go...but I was put in my place quick by classmates who asked me if I was "going through some stuff". :perplexed

It's all good though, the day will come when I let this hair down and all those jaws will hit the floor in unison.

Haha- sooo true. I tried to do this messy updo and my boss came in and told me to go home and take care of my cold. I was like :cool: .........ok,see ya monday:lol:

redRiot said:

Ok, so I am not the only one! :)

redRiot said:

First of all I need to stop reading these post while drinking tea (because one of these days it is going to come out my nose):lachen::lachen::lachen:

But anyway last week I must have mixed together the wrong products because when I took out my so called twist set my hair was a hot mess and I was getting ready for Church. I didn't want to miss Church so I tried to put it in some kind of updo:confused:. Man I felt so sad all day. Everyone was nice about it (no coments). But I bet they went home and said what was up with her hair today. I didn't even recognize my own hair.:p

My "favorites" are the wet bun days when you've been stretching for 10+ weeks. The hairs on your head are in 3-10 different states of curliness/kinkiness. They were all facing the same direction when you left the house. But for whatever reason, on the way to work they just decided to call it quits and go their separate ways.

Or, being new to the forum and trying new styles (and not always with enough information or quite understanding the information). My first braid out was a hoot. I parted my hair in the center, but while doing the braids, didn't keep them going straight back (my arms got tired). The next day after taking the braids loose, I had this HUGE flat section in the back of my head! :lachen: Nothing I did would cover this area.

macherieamour said:
Haha- sooo true. I tried to do this messy updo and my boss came in and told me to go home and take care of my cold. I was like :cool: .........ok,see ya monday:lol:

:lachen: Too Funny!!

Yes, I've been there. I've had days where I know I looked crazy and figured people were looking at me like "what is up with her hair?" but things have gotten much better. :)

Foget the crazy pass, I had to buy the membership. :lol:
I had to seriously change my idea of what "done" hair is supposed to look like. I have done some really unconventional things with my hair. Some worked out great, others, not so much.

Back