The BSL Blues

lilamae

Okay so my original goal to make bsl was May 2008. I didn't make it but I was for certain I would be by the time of my next relaxer July 26th (my bday:)

well, my hair is certainly longer but I'm only BSL in certain bras! My bra from target says I'm bsl but my bra fron victoria secret says I still need an inch :wallbash:. I feel like some of my bras are super low ( almost midback) But I wont consider myself full BSL until I I'm BSl no matter what brazierre. This is some bull!

Last edited:
Girlie u have beautiful hair. I know u wanted to make ur goal, but if i just had half of ur hair. I am at nl and crying cause I wish I was sl:cry2:

Leave the bras alone. Go by your should blade. It's always in the same spot no matter what. So if you reach the bottom of your shoulder blade you are there. Or if you must use the bra, only use one.

i understand what you mean. i am past apl but like an in or half an inch from bsl. but i dont want to claim it until im at the bottom of my bra anyway so i got about another three inches to go.

Okay so my original goal to make bsl was May 2008. I didn't make it but I was for certain I would be by the time of my next relaxer July 26th (my bday:)

well, my hair is certainly longer but I'm only BSL in certain bras! My bra from target says I'm bsl but my bra fron victoria secret says I still need an inch :wallbash:. I feel like some of my bras are super low ( almost midback) But I wont consider myself full BSL until I I'm BSl no matter what brazierre. This is some bull!

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! :dance7:

As for your dilemma...I feel you!

Yeah I gave up looking at the bra. Depending on which one I wear the bsl mark is all over the place.

i know the pain. im currently tryin to keep all my hair on my head so i can make bsl by the end of the year. but considering i have to same problems with the bras being lower/higher depending on the brand, i think ima just go by my shoulder blades now. and to reach that is only a couple inches away:rolleyes:

yeah really go by the bottom of your shoulder blades. I think the only way to guarantee to be BSL is every bra you own is to basically be MBL. So my goal right now for my own peace of mind is to be fully beneath my shoulder blades. At that point I know that my hair is the longest that its ever been

sorry that you got the blues :sad:...I agree with the other ladies on determining if your length falls below your shoulder blades instead of messing with those bras. I cant wait to claim BSB, while claiming BSL at the same time, because my BSL in most or all my bras happens to be BSB.

Leave the bras alone. Go by your should blade. It's always in the same spot no matter what. So if you reach the bottom of your shoulder blade you are there. Or if you must use the bra, only use one.

Excellent advice! I hope I will get to use it one day.

I must admit that I went through that for a while & was focusing on where my hair wasn't instead of appreciating where it was & its health. I also found just using my body, not clothing served as a better growth marker for me, like pas shoulder blades. I can't tell you how to feel, but you are at least hovering at BSL. Celebrate that your hair is lovely:yep:

Funny, I got the blues today too. I've been doing the Cathy Howse technique for 14 months and I do have about 7 inches of growth (I've megadusted off about 2 in that time so it is more like 5) but what the technique has done for me was more of thickness and growing out the bone straight wimpy hair. I feel that this year will be the year for the real length.

I really want MBL but if I don't hit BSL (3 more inches I'm tall) by January 2009 I am going to be really depressed.

This is about the longest my hair has been and it is this point that I'm trying to get beyond. I am thinking that if I can't get beyond it, is it my final length growth cycle? I would be so depressed if it is.

I think I am just going to do Protective Styling 99% of the time. I can't stand the let downs...its like watching water boil.

Funny, I got the blues today too. I've been doing the Cathy Howse technique for 14 months and I do have about 7 inches of growth (I've megadusted off about 2 in that time so it is more like 5) but what the technique has done for me was more of thickness and growing out the bone straight wimpy hair. I feel that this year will be the year for the real length.

I really want MBL but if I don't hit BSL (3 more inches I'm tall) by January 2009 I am going to be really depressed.

This is about the longest my hair has been and it is this point that I'm trying to get beyond. I am thinking that if I can't get beyond it, is it my final length growth cycle? I would be so depressed if it is.

I think I am just going to do Protective Styling 99% of the time. I can't stand the let downs...its like watching water boil.

I soo feel all of you ladies. I had the same issue with BSL so I finally broke down and got one of those Tshirts with the lines in the back. I have sworn to myself that I will use it a second time in December so that I can see where my hair has really gained length from the last time I measured which was a very loooong time ago.

Trying to check by Bra or lack there of was driving me insane! Won't even discuss trying to determine what is MBL on my short stumpy torso.

I am hiding it and not even looking at that Tshirt until December of this year. No matter how bad I itch to want to check it. Nope, no siree....in the meantime I am hiding my hair 99% of the time so I won't even be tempted.

Keep the faith ladies, it could be worse so, I am thankful it is healthy and is growing no matter what the length is right now.:yep:

Last edited:
Lilamae... I know how frustrated you probably are but I have to say that you have the most beautiful hair! I know length is important... but just remember all of us who are looking at your "sometimes BSL" hair :lachen: and wishing we were there too!

I think I am in the SAME exact situation. I totally feel this post. :perplexed

I think I am in the SAME exact situation. I totally feel this post. :perplexed

OMG really? You're one of my hair idols so I'm surprised to read this. Let's swap hair LOL

I hear what you guys are saying though. I was so close to BSL last year, then I had to cut it all off and have like 5 inches of hair. It was so depressing for so many months. I'm FINALLY APL again and loving it. I'm walking around with an extra skip in my step LOL j/k I am enjoying this length for all its worth. I'm looking forward to the actual bra strap, then mbl, and my final goal of waist length (God willing, by next year).

OP, try to enjoy the beautiful hair you have now and before you know it 6 months and 3 inches will give you the hair you want (hopefully less time). Happy growing!!

OMG really? You're one of my hair idols so I'm surprised to read this. Let's swap hair LOL

I hear what you guys are saying though. I was so close to BSL last year, then I had to cut it all off and have like 5 inches of hair. It was so depressing for so many months. I'm FINALLY APL again and loving it. I'm walking around with an extra skip in my step LOL j/k I am enjoying this length for all its worth. I'm looking forward to the actual bra strap, then mbl, and my final goal of waist length (God willing, by next year).

OP, try to enjoy the beautiful hair you have now and before you know it 6 months and 3 inches will give you the hair you want (hopefully less time). Happy growing!!

Thank you so much! That's always the biggest compliment I can hear. I recently got a trim and now I'm about an inch or 2 from BSL, which pushes back my MBL dreams...I hadn't had scissors near my hair since my DIY BC 2 years ago.

Congrats on reaching APL!

OH MY GOD, I FEEL LIKE I WILL NEVER REACH BSL :nono: I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH BSL SINCE LAST YEAR.... REACHING APL WAS NEVER THIS DIFFICULT..

IN THE WORDS OF FLORIDA FROM GOOD TIMES "DAMN, DAMN, DAMN" :wallbash:.

OH MY GOD, I FEEL LIKE I WILL NEVER REACH BSL :nono: I'VE BEEN TRYING TO REACH BSL SINCE LAST YEAR.... REACHING APL WAS NEVER THIS DIFFICULT..

IN THE WORDS OF FLORIDA FROM GOOD TIMES "DAMN, DAMN, DAMN" :wallbash:.

You look to be BSL also~ Judging by your pics in Fotki! Your bra seems low.

girl you betta claim that and stop trippin'! :yep:

Back