The bible is fulfilling and the world is ending

I perceived a long time ago that we have a lot of discerning women in this forum. That is a spiritual gift not talked about much and sadly many who possess this gift and see through the charades and wolves in sheep clothing in the Church often come under some form of persecution like slander, rejection, being ostracised, etc. There are too many Christians not discerning the signs and would even scoff at this thread. My main concern is am I doing what God desires right now? Am I effectively leading others to the Way so the don't have to face the wrath to come?

Abba, thank You that we are attentive to Your Word such that we have seen the signs. Lord please speak to us individually and let us Know what You want us to do in our part o Your kingdom. Father, give us of the powr from on high, fill us with the fresh breath of Your Holy Spirit that we would be effective in our whitness and bring you much glory. Lord help us to keep in submission to You so that as we share to others, we too may grow closer to You and not fall away. Father please remove any form of deception that may still plague us and our sisters and brothers in Christ and let us be united in Christ. Let Your love flow to and through us now. we love You. Thank You for hearing and answering. In Jesus Name.

Thank you ladies it's good to know I'm not alone...:yep:

^^Thank you, Galadriel. We all have our own particular religious preferences and prejudices but in polite christian company, we ought not perpetuate stereotypes of each other. The more I live, the more I realize that a majority of us christians from all sects are painfully ignorant of church history and doctrine based upon the Councils of the Fathers of the Church/doctrine. Afterall, it's 1,500 years of documents. We all come from One.

^^Thank you, Galadriel. We all have our own particular religious preferences and prejudices but in polite christian company, we ought not perpetuate stereotypes of each other. The more I live, the more I realize that a majority of us christians from all sects are painfully ignorant of church history and doctrine based upon the Councils of the Fathers of the Church/doctrine. Afterall, it's 1,500 years of documents. We all come from One.

Agreed! I actually had the chance to meet and study with a very nice group of Anglican students (during college) who were very much into church history, the Creeds, the Nicene Fathers, etc. We have quite a bit in common anyway :yep:. Although I'm not Protestant, some of my favorite Protestant authors/theologians are John Wesley (who founded Methodism) and Jonathan Edwards (not the psychic, LOL but the Puritan theologian).

This is all so true. And I notice that a lot of people still don't want to deal with the facts in the book of Revelations either.

That is not what Jesus meant when he spoke about enduring til the end. He means to continue spreading the gospel, living day to day as followers of Christ, continue to not conform to the world, continue to renew your mind and studying his word. Example, as of now the majority of us are probably at work. We are working for a goal, to get our job that we have been assigned to do done and the other goal is to get to the end day (which for me tonight will be after 8) so we are enduring (doing our work and what we're suppose to do until it's time to get off and go home). It's much like the body of Christ today. We are not citizens of this world, so we're doing what we need to do according to what God has called us to do until he takes us home.

As far as pre-trib, we are pre-trib. The rapture will most definitely come before the tribulation. Stuff that is going down now is nothing compares to what to come after the rapture. If one has trusted Jesus as their Lord and Savior, then we won't go through that time.

I agree. :yep:

Who do you ladies think is going to be the anti-christ? Do you think he is around yet?

The 'spirit' of the Anti-Christ is most definitely here. And it's rooted in the Body of Christ. People who say they are Christians yet foster and nurture anti-Christian doctrines.

They're like weeds in a garden; planted there to choke the 'Word' of life from the blossoms who are budding and blooming for righteousness. I've never heard so many 'I'm a Christian' statements, yet they advocate that which is not God and it's proclaimed as 'their truth'. Well, what happened to God's Truth? This is indeed the spirit of the 'anti-Christ' for this is not Jesus speaking.

The manifestation of the anti-Christ in bodily form and rule will definitely appear as God warned us. Is he here now? Perhaps. I would not be surprised. And I also believe that he is sexually perverse.

^^^As long as you stop attempting to veil your call-outs of deception towards me, I'm fine with this discussion. Incidentally, I believe that marriage is between man and woman. What I do not believe is that being gay is the sin, it's consummating the act of sodomy. I likewise do not believe that gays should be discriminated against in any way or form. The makeup of a human being is complex and beyond the full scope of humans to comprehend. Just like the religious side's persecution against those who believed the world was flat or those who branded a non-virginal woman with scarlet, G-d has allowed us all to comprehend another aspect of human nature. We have come to realize our errors of the past. But traditional marriage is between man/woman. The unions between same-sex couples are truly none of my business. Outside this forum (we talk openly about things) and perhaps from a close friend, I truly don't want to know the sexual behavior in detail, heterosexual/homosexual, of anyone else. I do not like anyone pushing their sexuality down my throat.

As per the discussion at hand and true deception, it's rampant in the world, religious or non-religious. There are so very many people who scoff at truth. There are so many who don't know where to find it. There are so many who think they know it but are on a wrong path. We can all be thankful for grace because there's only one bearer of absolute truth and that is G-d. We don't attain knowledge of the full truth (as much as He cares to reveal to us all) until we are crossed over into His kingdom.:yep: Of course, we have a guide on how to live. Let every man seek the knowledge of G-d and put down the sword, especially within the body of Christ. We do more harm than good but it is the humble man who lays down arrogance in repentance and strengthens the body.

As far as the anti-christ on the earth, there have been 4 already. But the final one? I dunno, perhaps. I realize all of our theological differences. I'm just not sure why some are afraid of a world leader when we've already had so many evil ones and the end-times individually of us all is the day we die. It seems to be that many are fretful of the times to come while we're presently living very hard times, indeed. There is no need to fear imho.

Last edited:
^^^As long as you stop attempting to veil your call-outs of deception towards me, I'm fine with this discussion. As far as true deception, it's rampant in the world, religious or non-religious. There are so very many people who scoff at truth. There are so many who don't know where to find it. There are so many who think they know it but are on a wrong path. We can all be thankful for grace because there's only one bearer of absolute truth and that is G-d. We don't attain knowledge of the full truth (as much as He cares to reveal to us all) until we are crossed over into His kingdom.:yep: Let every man seek the knowledge of G-d and put down the sword, especially within the body of Christ. We do more harm than good but it is the humble man who lays down arrogance in repentance and strengthens the body.

Why would you say that? I truly didn't have a single thought of you when I made my post.

I don't have a problem calling folks out directly. So with you, I'd would have done so and thought nothing of it as I've done before. I know you've been catching a lot of 'flack' lately, but my post was not about you. So, don't put yourself out there like that. :nono:

Why would you say that? I truly didn't have a single thought of you when I made my post.

I don't have a problem calling folks out directly. So with you, I'd would have done so and thought nothing of it as I've done before. I know you've been catching a lot of 'flack' lately, but my post was not about you. So, don't put yourself out there like that. :nono:

Because of the tag-posting and inferences made. If you didn't mean it, then I apologize and take your word as honesty. Yes, I do believe you call them out directly, sometimes :lol:. But you needn't do that for me. Volver...yes, everybody knew from the moment I opened up my e-mouth.:lachen:As far as flack, which flack?

Because of the tag-posting and inferences made. If you didn't mean it, then I apologize and take your word as honesty. Yes, I do believe you call them out directly, sometimes :lol:. But you needn't do that for me. Volver...yes, everybody knew from the moment I opened up my e-mouth.:lachen:As far as flack, which flack?

Thank you, you know for a fact that I call people out. Look back at my recent posts, I've called you out a couple of times, without hesitation.

I love calling you out.... on purpose. I have all of your names.

You can't hide ... :lol:

Get back on topic... :yep:

why do you put G-d?

^^^God, then. I won't explain again..I've done so about 20 times already. It's not your fault so I'm not blaming you...it's not an affront to Him, it's a habit from another culture/religious background out of respect.

Revelation 14:12 - Here is the patience of the saints; here are those[a] who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 12:17 - And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

In the last days, God's people will be a remnant who keep God's commandments. We know that lawlessness abounds and regard for God's guidance in Scriptures disappears more and more every day. The end is coming closer and closer...

1 Timothy 4:3

3Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats
, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

do you think the food thing could be the whole vegetarianism movement?

Hmmm, I think so. That was my initial thought when reading that verse about abstaining from certain foods. I think some people will teach that eating meat is a sin when it's not. It was just an Old Testament law to not eat certain meats, but Jesus came to fulfill that law. Jesus says it is what comes out of a man that defiles a man, not what he puts in his belly. I believe God has allowed us to eat any food.

Let me share something in regards to this subject, if I may. The issue really comes from changes in word usage. In the Scriptures, the word "meat" means solid food in general. When the Scripture refers to "flesh," it is speaking about the meat of an animal (which is what we today call "meat"). The restriction being referred to in 1 Timothy dealt with foods (meats) offered to idols. That (eating food offered to idols) was the constant topic throughout the New Testament, not the issue of eating flesh. That distinction can be easy to miss but a careful read with maybe the help of a Hebrew/Greek translator will help. Certain dictionaries will also confirm how the word usage changed over the years. In the early days, there was no confusion on this matter because people used the term "meat" to mean food in general.

The only laws that are done away with are the sacrificial/ceremonial laws (ordinances), which all pointed to the sacrifice Christ would make on the Cross as our Passover Lamb. (See Col. 2). This can be elaborated on in more detail if needs be.

Now, I'm not saying that it is wrong to eat flesh. What I am saying is that the dietary laws are still very much applicable for us today - especially as people living in the last days. We will need physical health and strength along with the spiritual, in order to endure. So the distinction of clean/unclean which was given even before the Israelites and even the days of Noah according to Scripture is still relevant. Thus, it is perfectly fine to be vegan or vegetarian, as that is what God intended for us in the beginning. But if we eat flesh, God surely does desire that we keep the dietary guidelines that He gave us in Scripture.

Matthew 5:17-18
17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

It is so important to read these two verses together. Jesus said He came to fulfill the law but nothing will pass from the law until heaven and earth pass away. Heaven and earth have not passed away, therefore nothing has passed from the law. Hope everything was easy to understand.

Be blessed.

Last edited:
While hymns may seem archaic, they are some of the many gifts that God has given to us as Christians. So many of them came out of persecution/tribulation and provide us hope and guidance. Here's one for this topic...

LET EVERY LAMP BE BURNING

Let every lamp be burning bright,
The darkest hour is nearing;
The darkest hour of earth's long night,
Before the Lord's appearing.

Refrain
Then trim your lamps, my brethren dear,
Then trim your lamps with godly fear;
The Master's coming draweth near,
Let every lamp be burning.

Though thousands calmly slumber on,
The last great message spuring,
Wel'll rest our living faith upon
His promise of returning.

His word our lamp, His truth our guide,
We cannot be mistaken;
Though dangers rise on every side,
We shall not be forsaken.

Then let good works with faith appear,
To help the world around us;
Obedience bring the blessing near
When faith has firmly bound us.

It's almost over ladies! Let's keep the faith!

Who do you ladies think is going to be the anti-christ? Do you think he is around yet?

I believe that the Anti-Christ is alive and well and probably already in power. I believe that certain leaders of different countries are paving the way for what's to come as far as what the Anti-Christ is suppose to do, especially with the talks of peace, the new world order, different forms of compromising, etc.

**It reminds me of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, when Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious executed Order 66, where the clone troopers were commanded to kill the Jedi's without question. Before this Mace Windu, sense that the dark side of the force surrounded Palpatine before the mass destruction. After the order 66 command was given and Palpatine had been revealed to be Darth Sidious (and the most ugly thing I've ever seen) and Anakin had completely turned to the dark side to become Darth Vader, Palpatine was then declared Emperor upon the Senate vote and upon that the Galactic Empire/Imperial Senate was born.

I know Star Wars is fictional but it kinda gives an idea of what may or going to happen in the near future with the Anti-Christ and the sign of the beast 666 mark. Everything after the imperial empire was born, planets had to go through the empire in order to do everything, sell, buy, travel, etc. The World is almost there as of now, when the Anti-Christ comes is going to be just as bad, manipulative, as the fictional character of Palpatine.

(BTW, can you tell I'm a huge Star Wars geek, lol)

Google "GM seeds and terminator technology". I wonder if this has something to do with Revelations 6 v 5:6.
5And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.​

The extract below was taken from a newspaper article in 2008 (you can see the link below). I have not read it all but it made me think.

"When crops failed in the past, farmers could still save seeds and replant them the following year.

But with GM seeds they cannot do this. That's because GM seeds contain so- called 'terminator technology', meaning that they have been genetically modified so that the resulting crops do not produce viable seeds of their own.

As a result, farmers have to buy new seeds each year at the same punitive prices. For some, that means the difference between life and death".

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...genetically-modified-crops.html#ixzz1G8NwbSvC

if you ladies have time you need to check out this documentary. i could only watch a little bit because it was way to much for me i mean it was literally and figuratively to much i was beyond upset.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/67878/the-future-of-food

This is definitely coming. People love to make jokes about the one world one religion thing but it is so true. They are trying to make this happen and people refuse to believe it.

This is definitely true and I have partaken. :nono: There is a church in my city that is wildly popular. A girl I know invited me to attend. You can tell at the root of the church that the members were probably raised Baptist or Protestant. They have great music that is very soulful and reminiscent of my days growing up in a Baptist church.

The pastor is very well known, has been on Oprah and has participated in and contributed to a lot of law of attraction discussions.

I went to the church a few months ago and they were singing a song saying they give glory to Jesus. I was definitely with that and sang Jesus's name loudly and earnestly. Next, they moved onto Allah, and then Buddah, and then Hari Krishna and somebody else. My spirit was like :nono: oh boy! I started looking around :look: and felt weird. The music was so good and I can understand how people get seduced and can fall into this interfaith thing without thinking.

I did enjoy the service (I have some guilt about this), but I have not gone back. I don't like confusion, and while I can recognize that Buddah and these other "people" did good things, they did not save like my Jesus.

Last edited:
Well, the Bible does say that christians ought to be sober and vigilant, because the adversary as a roaring lion walks about seeking whom he may devour.

Qualitee, those scriptures you posted in the beginning of your post are right on point. I was just thinking about those verses in Matthew 24 yesterday. I posted them on my Facebook page yesterday. I was also thinking about how we all should be ready. We are definetely facing the last days. The earthquakes, the happenings in Libya, Tsunami's etc...yes, Jesus is coming soon.

divya I agree with you about the dietary laws and as one who is 75% Vegetarian, I know how my body feels so much better not eating 'flesh' such as shell fish, red meats and pork.

However, I do eat a lot of fish (flesh) salmon is number one.

Jesus ate fish as well; he fed others with fish (He multiplied the 5 loaves and fishes to feed 5 thousand hungry people); Peter was a fisherman and Jesus even encouraged him to cast his net out again which filled his fishing net to overflowing. When Jesus appeared to the Disciples after His resurrection, they were cooking and eating fish (i.e. flesh).

In relation to the 'Law', what are your thoughts about this? I'm only asking to be 'educated' about this, not as a dispute or debate. :love2: :yep:

Again, I agree that a Vegetarian diet is much better. My body confirms it. :yep:. I've even invested in purchasing a Vita-Mix to expand my Vegetarian cuisine. I love it. :lick:

Whatever anyone shares is much appreciated. :Rose:

Everyone seems to agree that bible prophecy is being fulfilled and the world is ending. I'm sure most of you have probably heard the expression, "Get your house in order."

How exactly do we do that? Personally, I haven't been successful at being 100% free of sinful thoughts, actions, and feelings, so what do you do to prepare yourself?

Continue to bring those thoughts, feelings, and actions under subjection; do the best you can and ask for forgiveness as needed????? (Sigh) Are you all sin free? If so, please share your journey to becoming sin 100% free. ** (no sarcasm- I literally cried when I read some of these posts because I know it says sin not/ sin no more repeatedly in the bible, but I haven't mastered it yet. 1 John 5:18; 3:9,Psalms 4:4,1 Corinthians 15:34, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 )

In others words, please share what you are doing to get your house in order and prepare for Christ to return.

Everyone seems to agree that bible prophecy is being fulfilled and the world is ending. I'm sure most of you have probably heard the expression, "Get your house in order."

How exactly do we do that? Personally, I haven't been successful at being 100% free of sinful thoughts, actions, and feelings, so what do you do to prepare yourself?

Continue to bring those thoughts, feelings, and actions under subjection; do the best you can and ask for forgiveness as needed????? (Sigh) Are you all sin free? If so, please share your journey to becoming sin 100% free. ** (no sarcasm- I literally cried when I read some of these posts because I know it says sin not/ sin no more repeatedly in the bible, but I haven't mastered it yet. 1 John 5:18; 3:9,Psalms 4:4,1 Corinthians 15:34, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 )

In others words, please share what you are doing to get your house in order and prepare for Christ to return.

I love this post :yep:

Firstly know that God sees your heart and your earnest desire you have to seek him and the purpose that he has for you.

I would encourage you to 'pray without ceasing'

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Also 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 goes on to say

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

Continue to seek to be filled with the spirit, live and walk in the spirit; so that God may use you. So that you will receive discernment, when its time to move or to act you will have heard him say so.

Remember also, although we are in the world we are not apart of this world.

2 Corinthians 10: 3-6
3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 6 and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.

Also to answer you questions, I would say that I am not 100% sin free, if I notice that I am thinking certain thoughts doing certain things which goes against the word etc, I ask God for forgiveness and turn away from those things. I pray that God will continually renew my mind and thinking. The more I receive the spirit the harder it is for my flesh to take control. I think if you are trying to live a 100% sin free life without the spirit then it will be hard to be successful.

Also look within your self and notice where your flesh is most weak and just continue to ask God to heal this hole otherwise best believe satan will use this to turn you away from what God has promised you.

Last edited:
Thank you, you know for a fact that I call people out. Look back at my recent posts, I've called you out a couple of times, without hesitation.

I love calling you out.... on purpose. I have all of your names.

You can't hide ... :lol:

Get back on topic... :yep:

I'm not hiding, Shimmie. I have no reason to. Why do you feel it's necessary to "call out" when you're not calling me out? I was on topic until I read your e-attacks. What possesses you to do such, sister in Christ?

Revelation 14:12 - Here is the patience of the saints; here are those[a] who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Revelation 12:17 - And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

In the last days, God's people will be a remnant who keep God's commandments. We know that lawlessness abounds and regard for God's guidance in Scriptures disappears more and more every day. The end is coming closer and closer...

Let me share something in regards to this subject, if I may. The issue really comes from changes in word usage. In the Scriptures, the word "meat" means solid food in general. When the Scripture refers to "flesh," it is speaking about the meat of an animal (which is what we today call "meat"). The restriction being referred to in 1 Timothy dealt with foods (meats) offered to idols. That (eating food offered to idols) was the constant topic throughout the New Testament, not the issue of eating flesh. That distinction can be easy to miss but a careful read with maybe the help of a Hebrew/Greek translator will help. Certain dictionaries will also confirm how the word usage changed over the years. In the early days, there was no confusion on this matter because people used the term "meat" to mean food in general.

The only laws that are done away with are the sacrificial/ceremonial laws (ordinances), which all pointed to the sacrifice Christ would make on the Cross as our Passover Lamb. (See Col. 2). This can be elaborated on in more detail if needs be.

Now, I'm not saying that it is wrong to eat flesh. What I am saying is that the dietary laws are still very much applicable for us today - especially as people living in the last days. We will need physical health and strength along with the spiritual, in order to endure. So the distinction of clean/unclean which was given even before the Israelites and even the days of Noah according to Scripture is still relevant. Thus, it is perfectly fine to be vegan or vegetarian, as that is what God intended for us in the beginning. But if we eat flesh, God surely does desire that we keep the dietary guidelines that He gave us in Scripture.

It is so important to read these two verses together. Jesus said He came to fulfill the law but nothing will pass from the law until heaven and earth pass away. Heaven and earth have not passed away, therefore nothing has passed from the law. Hope everything was easy to understand.

Be blessed.

To tell you the truth, Divya, I often feel very guilty not honoring the Sabbath by welcoming it in at sundown on Friday by saying the berachot and lighting the candles, covering my hair and eyes. I just do. It's not required, but somehow out there in the cosmos, I feel that it might slightly be since know how valuable it is. It's like an eternal ray of light and good act to which I'm not obligated under Christ, but knowing that, in the end, all will be Jewish. Treading on multiple feet, that statement could mean all under the Messiah, the Christ. We don't all agree now on who that is. No offense to anyone of any religion who are reading. It's about seeking out interpretations of prophecy.

Romans 14

1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone. 8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. 9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.
10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”[b]
12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.
13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. 14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean. 15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died. 16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil. 17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.
19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification. 20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall. 22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.[c]

The Bible is very balanced. I've found that focusing on one area and not considering the whole opens the door for contraversy. Paul wrote Romans and Timothy. In Corinthians he even mentioned times when we as Christians should judge others who say they are Christians, even though he warns against judging in the above passage.

I hope we keep the original essence of this thread though. This thread holds so much truths that the "set your house in order" thought has been in my mind a lot lately also.

I'm not hiding, Shimmie. I have no reason to. Why do you feel it's necessary to "call out" when you're not calling me out? I was on topic until I read your e-attacks. What possesses you to do such, sister in Christ?

Stop! You're creating unnecessary drama and it borders paranoid behaviour. You originally made an unrealistic and presumed accusation (post #68) which is completely uncalled for; and it was completely off topic.

Stop the foolishness and allow this thread to remain on topic. I will not respond to this foolishness again. :nono:

OP (Qualitee) Please accept my sincerest apologies for my disruption to your thread topic. I will not continue to do so, but to remain on topic of your thread discussion. I apologize also to everyone reading. :Rose:

Last edited:
Romans 14

1 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.

2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables.

3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them.

4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.

7 For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone.

8 If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

9 For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that he might be the Lord of both the dead and the living.

10 You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister[a]? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat. 11 It is written:
“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
‘every knee will bow before me;
every tongue will acknowledge God.’”[b]

12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

14 I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. But if anyone regards something as unclean, then for that person it is unclean.

15 If your brother or sister is distressed because of what you eat, you are no longer acting in love. Do not by your eating destroy someone for whom Christ died.

16 Therefore do not let what you know is good be spoken of as evil.

17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

18 because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval.

19 Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification.

20 Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a person to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble.

21 It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.

22 So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves.

23 But whoever has doubts is condemned if they eat, because their eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.[c]

The Bible is very balanced. I've found that focusing on one area and not considering the whole opens the door for contraversy.

Paul wrote Romans and Timothy.

In Corinthians he even mentioned times when we as Christians should judge others who say they are Christians, even though he warns against judging in the above passage.

I hope we keep the original essence of this thread though. This thread holds so much truths that the "set your house in order" thought has been in my mind a lot lately also.

This is an excellent post. :yep: I, especially needed the 'reminder'. :Rose:

Hey Renovating,

Good question! @the bolded, I can say that walking in the Spirit (i.e., being in one accord with the Holy Spirit via praying; fasting; reading the Bible and meditating on Scriptures; worshiping in all forms - praise, song and dance; thinking about God/Jesus/Heaven), keeps God's presence near. Where His presence is, sin can't abide. I can't do it alone or of my own fleshly efforts. I need the Holy Spirit at all times! If any time my thoughts/actions/feelings start to lean toward the flesh, the Holy Spirit convicts me. Being sin-conscious can pull me in the wrong direction...

This is why it's so important for me to acknowledge God, thanking Him for His grace and mercy and for a renewed spirit. Psalms 63:10 says to seek him early .. first thing upon waking. It could be a simple "Good morning, Lord" Any way I can talk to Him...I do. I've experienced that when I don't pray at the start of the day, my entire day is off ( and things can happen :spinning: ) God really does come first; so when I put Him first - ahead of me - He'll guide me throughout the day, like He did for the Israelites.

So to answer your question, how I keep my house in order is simple: Obey God by keeping the 1st and 2nd Commandments. This is the only way to Love Him. My mind is set on this. HTH!

Last edited:
Back