That BS she said was laughable

Nameless

Main part of the story is bolded in red.

Yesterday I was at uni revising and I saw a girl who also does my course. We don't really know each other but we started revising and then we kind of clicked. During a revision break (ok, we were procrastinating), we started talking about a bunch of things and 'hair' came in to the discussion. This girl is known for her badly sewn in weaves and glueing in her tracks but because I don't really know her that well, I didn't want to seem obnoxious and start dismissing her hair practices.
Luckily for me, she had her real hair out (between NL and SL relaxed hair that's dry and thinning) so I started mentioning a few things that I do to my relaxed hair and she ended up telling me that she rips out the glued in tracks so I then made a few suggestions for her real hair but because I don't know too much about weave care, I said I'll get the info for her later if she's interested. She agreed and then we carried in talking.
Then all of a sudden she says "my hair used to be long like yours but a few months ago when I was relaxing, I fell asleep and the next morning I realised a lot of my hair had broken off!" :ohwell: As soon as she said this I was thinking WTF! I've heard some stories in my life but this takes the biscuit. Some people can't even stand a relaxer being in their hair for 10 minutes but you can have it in for the night while asleep. If that did indeed happen, you should be bald, scarred for life..... or dead :look:
I just said "um.. ok, that's sad" and changed the subject :lol:

Anyway, what are the worst stories you have heard in regards to haircare practices, regimens or reasons for unhealthy hair?

Last edited:
wow so she fell asleep while relaxing? yeah that'll do it. i'm surprised her scalp didn't fall off too. she might be exaggerating, or like most, not notice breakage until 6 whole inches are gone. ♥

Oh my, I have heard this happening also wonder how they either fall alseep or forget and why their scalp is not permanently damaged.

:lol: :lol: How do you fall asleep while relaxing your hair!? You done got way too comfortable with that and just need to go to a salon. :lol:

Lol if this was true she would have been woke up from the burning sensation. Aint no sleeping thru that

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

I have yet to hear of someone who has fallen asleep with a relaxer in their hair. I told my mum and she laughed. That girl is blatantly lying to cover up the fact that she f'd up her hair. I didn't bring up the subject but she decided to just make things awkward :lol:

ETA: She should be bald, scarred or dead.

my aunt actually did something, but she was awake:look: She was walking around the house w/ the relaxer on her head all day long. She still has hair but with bald spots..and its probably about 1in long:ohwell:

She telling a got d@mn lie! lol

She may have left it in to long yeah I can see that, but fell alseep til the next morning with relaxer in her hair and not feel an itch, burn no nothing! I mean she fell asleep standing up right? Because who can sit or lay their head down on a pillow without it spreading every where? Come on nahh!!!

*cocks head to the side with hand on hip*

What kind of bases are these people using?! Things slip your mind sometimes, but wow. I won't call anybody I don't know a liar, but from my experiences when I used to relax, I could do 20 minutes tops. Now that I think about I shouldn't have even been doing 20 minutes. . .oh well.

wow so she fell asleep while relaxing? yeah that'll do it. i'm surprised her scalp didn't fall off too. she might be exaggerating, or like most, not notice breakage until 6 whole inches are gone. ♥
your twist out is beautiful.
and i agree, how do you fall asleep with relaxer on and still have hair?

This sounds like one of those cases where people say things like they "just" cut their hair,and measure out several inches with their hands to show you,but their ends are frizzled frazzled every which way. :look:

A friend's daughter always swears her hair is long while it is in weaves and braids. Then when she wears her real hair she always says, "I cut like 5 inches."

Her hair is neck length and has always been but she will use her hand to show me how long it is but how would I know if it is in weave or braids?

A friend of mine relaxes her ENTIRE HEAD EVERY MONTH! :nuts:

I tried to get her to see the error of her ways, but she thinks that my natural hair makes my advice on proper techniques for relaxed hair null and void.

She leaves a trail of broken hairs everywhere, yet she still believes that her hair is healthy. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I left a relaxer in for about an hour and 45 minutes once. It was the Bantu Lye relaxer...I went home for college break and decided to relax my hair with my mom's stash, but half way through I ran out of relaxer. I didn't have a car and my mom wasn't home, and she didn't have a cell phone back then...so I waited for her to get back while fanning my head because it burned (surprisingly, it didn't burn that bad).

When she got home I was like, "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!! You gotta go to Sally's NOW!!!" She looked at me and was like, "Oh my goodness what the heck are you doing?!?!" so she hops back in the car and drove to Sally's (luckily it was only like 5 min away from our house), and brought me back the relaxer so I could finish. I still had to rinse it shortly after I put it in, but at least it was fairly straight/wavy (I used to relax to bone straight).

That was a DEBACLE and I only ended up burning a patch in the back of my head...but dang, that hurt. This is why my friends always tell me that my hair is strong enough to pull a train, because anyone else their hair would have dissolved. Oh, and I used to like it when my hair would come out when I relaxed it because my hair is thick and I was always trying to thin it out and make it lay flatter.

I KNOW. I WAS JACKED UP.

Is anyone else tired of the "I used to have long hair" or "My hair used to be your length" lies? I know this chick is! *raises hand*

Act like y'all have NEVER seen that one person that shows up at the BSS with relaxer in their hair under a plastic cap looking for random goods. :sekret: :look:

LOL what? No never!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:lol: Not sure if it's a southern thing or what but... Yes ma'am I sure have!! Men and women alike. :lol: I'm totally serious. I kept wondering, how is it that they're not in pain? I'm not talking conditioner, I'm talking relaxer... under a plastic cap. Relaxers have a very distinctive aroma. :perplexed And this is what got me, they were taking their own sweet time just strolling through the store. There was one woman that actually ran in and out like she was on fire :couchfire: but the rest acted as if they had all the time in the world.

Madness.

:lol: :lol: How do you fall asleep while relaxing your hair!? You done got way too comfortable with that and just need to go to a salon. :lol:

Correct :lachen:WTF?! I must say though that my relaxer does not burn at all. I feel like I just have conditioner in my hair when it's on and I have fallen asleep with conditioner in my hair. Anyway, sleeping or going near the bed with relaxer in, not a chance. I'm checking every five minutes to see if the water is still on :lol:. There will be no sleeping.

That was a DEBACLE and I only ended up burning a patch in the back of my head...but dang, that hurt. This is why my friends always tell me that my hair is strong enough to pull a train, because anyone else their hair would have dissolved. Oh, and I used to like it when my hair would come out when I relaxed it because my hair is thick and I was always trying to thin it out and make it lay flatter.

I KNOW. I WAS JACKED UP.
Dang! EllePixie, you had it bad.....wow!!!

:lol: Not sure if it's a southern thing or what but... Yes ma'am I sure have!! Men and women alike. :lol: I'm totally serious. I kept wondering, how is it that they're not in pain? I'm not talking conditioner, I'm talking relaxer... under a plastic cap. Relaxers have a very distinctive aroma. :perplexed And this is what got me, they were taking their own sweet time just strolling through the store. There was one woman that actually ran in and out like she was on fire :couchfire: but the rest acted as if they had all the time in the world.

Madness.
I'm in the SOUTH and yes, I've seen it, toooo.....I know there are times when people have looked at me and said to themselves, "why don't she close her mouth?" I stare in amazement! LOL!!!

I need her scalp if she can go to sleep, wake up, and all that's wrong is some of her hair broke off...... there is no way I could EVER fall asleep with a da*n relaxer on my head.....

Hhaha! I haven't heard a lie (i mean crazy story lol) like that...

BUT I have had a few people with stringy, unhealthy, broken-off tresses "swang" their 3 strands of BSL hair in my face, then offer hair care advice. :perplexed

i knew a girl who said that she used to have hair all the way down to her waist but her aunt cut if off while she was sleeping because she was jealous. lol people actually believed her too.

its always the ones with no hair or jacked hair who used to have hair down their back when they were younger, or when you see them the reason why their hair is so short is because they just got it cut or some other lame excuse...yeah, ok.:rolleyes:

Back