That BS she said was laughable

:lol: Not sure if it's a southern thing or what but... Yes ma'am I sure have!! Men and women alike. :lol: I'm totally serious. I kept wondering, how is it that they're not in pain? I'm not talking conditioner, I'm talking relaxer... under a plastic cap. Relaxers have a very distinctive aroma. :perplexed And this is what got me, they were taking their own sweet time just strolling through the store. There was one woman that actually ran in and out like she was on fire :couchfire: but the rest acted as if they had all the time in the world.

Madness.

Ha, yes! I've seen it a few times in SC. I don't know how they do it. When I had a relaxer, it had to be neutralized within 7 minutes or else it was burn/scab city!

wow so she fell asleep while relaxing? yeah that'll do it. i'm surprised her scalp didn't fall off too. she might be exaggerating, or like most, not notice breakage until 6 whole inches are gone. ♥

Off topic, that is one of the cutest braidouts I've seen. Is your hair cut in layers?

My fotki has a picture of my braidout, but it is not as defined. Your hair is natural? Just wanted to tell you its so cute.

Wow your friend is lyyyyiiing! Sleeping with a relaxer, maybe if it was a very light texturizer or something, maybe.

My friend used to have long pretty natural hair but when we were about to go to high school she began to relax every four weeks and she would relax the whole of her hair it was dry, see through, broken and just looked bad, she has been trying to getting back to it's former glory but does not sem intrested on the info online.

I'm sorry, I can't contribute because that is the most preposterous thing I have ever heard. I like to sleep in my stylist's chair and close my eyes. Relaxing (other than the cutting stage) is the time I'm most alert since the burning sensation is like none other. I hate when people make up a bunch of crap that they themselves would never believe either. :perplexed

Actually come to think of it, I can contribute. When I was in highschool a girl told me her hair was like mine without a relaxer, I just said okay because she was mixed (half white and black) and who am I to think otherwise when she has a weave and I can't see her hair? :look: She took down her hair one day and it was STIFF, she even said to me when people were giving me compliments on my hair, "Look this is my hair, see?" All I could really say was okay because her hair was jacked and she actually had the nerve to compare it to mine. :look: Not saying my hair is all that but it isn't a stiff HAM. :lol:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Also some of the my hair used to be ___ long might be coming from people really not knowing and thinking it was longer than reality. I know until I joined LHCF I was in pure hair length denial. I'll admit it.

I notice that with some people I know too. Hair would come up and girls with relaxed hair talmbout their hair comes to down to their shoulders, doing the hand gestures to the shoulders and everything. And I'm like, girl please, your hair is barely covering your neck. People getting their shoulders confused with their necks.

It's been so long since I had a relaxer. Do they no longer tingle your scalp and burn if on too long? I can't imagine falling asleep overnight with relaxer still in my hair.

Back