Thanksgiving Hair: the good, bad, and ignant

GrowAHead

So I already know we are prepping for a day of crazy and I want to hear all of it.

I can't wait for the " my cousin asked me why I don't have a weave" and the "my tipsy aunt kept dragging her hand thru my hair all day". :drunk:

Share your stories - lets laugh together!!!!! :lachen:

I'll go first... My friends wife weave checked me because she noticed my hair was longer and thicker.. She don't even know how I wanted to give her a bear hug and did backflips in my mind :-)

Awww! That's sweet! I feel the same way about my own progress. But I wonder if I should wear my hair up...I flat ironed and I'm so proud of it. But I don't want people touching my hair.

I haven't seen my little cousins in a while. I was always in weave. As soon as I walk in good I feel I touch on the crown of my head... Checking for tracks I'm sure. Then she braided my hair. I also heard another another one say duh its hers. Lol it was cute

The young woman at the McDonald drive-thru seemed impressed with my rollerset. LOL! All gray rollers. What color comes after gray? As my hair gets longer gray seems like it needs a pink slip.

I flat ironed my hair but the humidity in the kitchen caused me to look like a chia pet by the end of the day :lol:

Any other stories ladies?

Who oohed and ahhed, who rolled their eyes and who didn't believe it was NOT a weave?
come on ladies...make.my.day.

This man asked "dats all yo hair gur?" I told him yes. He said, " I know it's yours but did you buy it or grow it?"

He also tried to talk my 22 month old son into eating some chitterlings by telling him they were candy. :lachen:

People stared mostly. Didn't ask me questions but probably asked my cousin once I was not in earshot.

Last edited:
My sister replied on how long my hair was, and was touching it saying "yep, 18 inches just the length I need, where's the scissors?"

My sister replied on how long my hair was, and was touching it saying "yep, 18 inches just the length I need, where's the scissors?"

I got a scissor "joke" yesterday too. I don't like them; they can't come from a good place. Same relative also made it a point to randomly tell me, that I was not skinny anymore in her opinion. :rolleyes: She is a nice lady and a good person, just prone to envy like quite a few of my family members.

Theresamonet said:
I got a scissor "joke" yesterday too. I don't like them; they can't come from a good place. Same relative also made it a point to randomly tell me, that I was not skinny anymore in her opinion. :rolleyes: She is a nice lady and a good person, just prone to envy like quite a few of my family members.

You're not skinny anymore because you're stacked! Tell her to deal with it :)

I work with a woman like that. She is my moms age and I can tell she is proud of me, but it's like she wishes it was her instead. She fights it and goes out of her way to compliment me - but it's often nice nasty.

You're not skinny anymore because you're stacked! Tell her to deal with it :)

I work with a woman like that. She is my moms age and I can tell she is proud of me, but it's like she wishes it was her instead. She fights it and goes out of her way to compliment me - but it's often nice nasty.

:lol:

That is just how some of my relatives are. They do love me and when they can muster up a compliment, it is genuine... But if they could skin me and wear me as a suit and hat, they would... Niece/ cousin be damned. Lol.

Back