Thanks to LHCF - I Luv My Nappy Hair

5ugsqr.jpg
[/IMG]

After attending the FAMU ATL Classic this weekend I experienced a personal awakening. My natural kinky coils are normally hidden away under my headpiece or what others call "wig".

But this weekend I decided, hey why not embrace a new experience on my journey of napptural beauty.

I guess I was expecting to see way more "natural" heads than I did. But what I saw was an alarming amount of "weave" naturals. I don't know if it's just me but for some reason the concept of "weave" natural is crazy. Most of what I saw looked supa dry, unbelievably BIG hair that left me embracing a love for what God gave me more and more.

I've spent alotta time obsessed with when my hair gets thicker, or when it gets APL, BSL, Midback and on an on then I'll be ready to rock MY hair, but I now see imitation will never be as beautiful as the real thing!

Your Hair is Beautiful, You should have been wearing it out, and I am Relaxed, and Your hair is Amazing, Go for it Girl!

You look cute! And it is great that you love your hair. Just don't knock the weave naturals. I'm a "weave natural"- well a "wig natural" actually. I am transitioning and this works for me to help keep me in the mind frame of not turning back and helping me with future style options.

Over time I'm sure you will see the "naturals" you were expecting.

you look great! i luv your style. people will start to come around. like nomoreweavesforme said...she is transitioning so maybe some of the women are transitioning to that next step....we will eventually see more naturals.

Your hair is gorgeous. I love how you're rocking it with the flower headband-- I want to try sometime!

I am currently in college in Florida and I see so many girls with their natural hair (many of who recently BC'd and are in the TWA phase). I love that they are seeing the beauty of their God-given hair early, and it makes it so much easier for me to transition when I see natural hair around me.

I have friends who go to FAMU and they say that there are few to no girls on campus with a TWA.

Yes I agree your hair is pretty! And so is the headband. :yep:

Off topic... how was the Football Classic? I wanted to go so bad, but it started raining again and you know we had that flood warning. :sad:

I *Am* Not* My* Hair I'm really proud of you, you're helping and being an example to a lot of people especially Miss Diva DD. Always rock it proudly as I know you will.

Back