Texturized ladies..Does your hair revert?

sweetkita4

I used a texturizer in my hair a couple months ago and now its starting to look like my old texture again:ohwell:. I have a bunch of new growth but I don't even think I'm going to touch it up because I'm think whats the use of putting in chemicals if eventually its going to look the same again...or maybe its just me.

Is it the texturizer that I'm using? I used the JFM texture softener. What brand do you ladies use? Or am I not doing something right?

Mine appears to esp when I haven't flat ironed it in awhile.:perplexed

What do you use to texturize? Your text looks really pretty. I don't think I left mine on long enough because even right after doing it, it still looked kind of like an afro

What do you use to texturize? Your text looks really pretty. I don't think I left mine on long enough because even right after doing it, it still looked kind of like an afro

I use lady velvet. My husband has said several times within the last couple of months that I didn't leave it on long enough because my hair is still really nappy. I left it in the last two times, about 5 mins. When I do my hair close to Christmas I'm thinking about leaving it in for close to 10 mins and texlax about 6-8 inches of hair.

I use lady velvet. My husband has said several times within the last couple of months that I didn't leave it on long enough because my hair is still really nappy. I left it in the last two times, about 5 mins. When I do my hair close to Christmas I'm thinking about leaving it in for close to 10 mins and texlax about 6-8 inches of hair.

Never heard of Lady Velvet, where do you get it from?

Question: Do you think it would be ok to do a touch up with lye and then run it through the no-lye part the last few minutes? Since its not anywhere near straight and watch to make sure it processes where I want it to?

Never heard of Lady Velvet, where do you get it from?

Question: Do you think it would be ok to do a touch up with lye and then run it through the no-lye part the last few minutes? Since its not anywhere near straight and watch to make sure it processes where I want it to?

It sold everywhere down here. Sally should have it.

IDK about your question. The one thing my hairdresser told me that I believe is true is to never mix the two. But someone will chime in that can help.:yep:

I couldn't find the article and I don't think I can explain the process as eloquently, but maybe its the fact that you're using texturizer. A lot of us use a relaxer to get the same effect, just changing the process a bit. Leave it on a shorter amount of time, apply oils to the hair to slow down processing, use a milder formula,etc. My hair reverts a little but never gets close to its natural state.

I couldn't find the article and I don't think I can explain the process as eloquently, but maybe its the fact that you're using texturizer. A lot of us use a relaxer to get the same effect, just changing the process a bit. Leave it on a shorter amount of time, apply oils to the hair to slow down processing, use a milder formula,etc. My hair reverts a little but never gets close to its natural state.

Same here. :yep:

Mine does and I use a lye relaxer. I think its because I use Joico products (protein heavy). I did a corrective (again) and relaxed a little more than I wanted, but I know it will revert, so it should be perfect pretty soon.

I do not relax- but sis I advise you not to put both lye and no lye in your hair simultaneously- ones is an acid and the other is a base and your hair will dissolve. Do one or the other and for subsequent touch ups , use the same formulation- meaning lye or no lye

I do not relax- but sis I advise you not to put both lye and no lye in your hair simultaneously- ones is an acid and the other is a base and your hair will dissolve. Do one or the other and for subsequent touch ups , use the same formulation- meaning lye or no lye

Too late:sekret:...I went out and got some Elasta QP and went ahead with it and the no-lye parts that were formerly dry and hard are now soft and juicy looking, lol.

Now I wouldn't recommend that anyone do what I did, it worked for me and even if it hadn't, I don't mind cutting it off again

I've never used a texturizer but I do texlax my hair. It will revert if it's humid enough and I don't have anything like Aveda Anti-Humectant on it. :)

Mine does and I use a lye relaxer. I think its because I use Joico products (protein heavy). I did a corrective (again) and relaxed a little more than I wanted, but I know it will revert, so it should be perfect pretty soon.

How long did you wait to do a corrective? I really want to do one, but it's only been about 5+ weeks since my last relaxer and I'm trying to stretch until February.

Back