Texting after a Missed Call

Phoenixsky13

HI LHCF! I mostly lurk but I wanted to get some opinions on something. I have been doing the whole online dating thing and so far its okay but I haven't decided if its for me yet. But anyway there is a guy that I have been talking to a bit on a site and we exchanged numbers and now text messages.

He seems nice but I have noticed a few things, one that he likes to text all day randomly whether i responded to the previous text or not which he also did when we were messaging online as well. I basically respond when I am available too. But what slightly irks me is that he will also call randomly and if i don't answer he will text me and say " r you asleep, i tried calling you..." :look:

It irks me.. i guess I feel like he is asking for an explanation for why i didn't answer the phone and considering we have never met and aren't dating I don't feel i owe him one.

Thoughts?

Yes, that's a bit much. I think it's safe to say that he's thirsty, yes? My friends, my man, whoever, usually waits for a response. If it's important they call me after an unanswered text.

That's annoying. This guy did that to me once. He called me 9 times one day (all unanswered calls) and sent a text after every misses call! I was so disgusted I blocked his # from ever calling me again!

He seems nice but I'm starting to wonder. We have only talked on the phone once and I got off after 30 mins. I'm not really a phone person and I think with online dating for me its better to meet sooner than later. I don't want to spend all that time talking and then meet you and us not be attracted to each other.

He seems nice but I'm starting to wonder. We have only talked on the phone once and I got off after 30 mins. I'm not really a phone person and I think with online dating for me its better to meet sooner than later. I don't want to spend all that time talking and then meet you and us not be attracted to each other.

Well have you told him this?

As for his behavior I would not be cool with that.

I don't know I do that, just because sometime people will hear the text ring and not the phone ring. I started doing that with my son because when I call him he won't answer but then when I text he calls me back.

Just a habit that I started doing and it works

How long have you guys been talking? I could only text you without having met you for but so long. I end up getting annoyed by the texting.

What wrong with telling him the truth? You could have been driving, in a meeting, at the doctor, in the grocery store line, washing yo cooch or waxing off the kneepads LOL. Ok j/k with that last statement but still tell dat fool I am not a phone person yada yada.

Sounds like my mother in law ."I just called you .." DUH .Thats the kind of man who s going to leave 100 messages on your voicemail if you re late from work or stuck in traffick.

Well have you told him this?

I will definitely let him know and suggest that we meet soon.

I don't know I do that, just because sometime people will hear the text ring and not the phone ring. I started doing that with my son because when I call him he won't answer but then when I text he calls me back.

I don't mind if my mom or close friend was to do this.We have a relationship established already and they may need something so I would probably answer the phone and just keep it quick. I know he does not need anything lol cause we really don't have any type of relationship yet.

How long have you guys been talking? I could only text you without having met you for but so long. I end up getting annoyed by the texting.

We have been talking for probably about three weeks now I guess. But whatever happened to leaving a message or just texting and saying "hey I was checking to see if you were available to talk, give me a call if you like when you have some free time."

Also since I didn't reply to the call or text he text back after and hour and said "I guess you are sleep." :ohwell: I wasn't. I was watching the Walking Dead and didn't want to be disturbed :blush:

Back