Text him back or hope he gets the hint?

What should Glib Gurl do?

• Be up front. Text him back.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Just let him take the hint from your non-response.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glib Gurl

Went on a date on Saturday. Dude is a no-go. Well, in addition to being unemployed, he is also in foreclosure, has horrible table manners (including cursing like a sailor) and spent the entire evening speaking to my breasts. (Seriously, dude didn't make eye contact until about and hour and a half into the date.)

He called me twice (I didn't answer) and just texted me again asking me out on another date.

One part of me wants to be mature and upfront . . . just let him know that "I don't think we have chemistry" and leave it at that. The other part of me wants to just let him get the message from my radio silence.

(Did I mention that dude knows where I work? That's actually how we met - he asked me out when I was going back into my office building.)

Let him know that you don't think you two have chemistry and wish him something nice. Based on what you've said, he definitely is a no-go. Sorry hon.

CALL HIM and tell him what Lucie said, so there are no missed communication. If he keeps on texting then feel free to ignore him.

How would you want a person to handle it if the situation was reversed?

I agree with the post by Lucie.

If hi house is in foreclosure he needs to be putting his money and invest it into a new place. He definitely has his priorities out of order.

Ok. I just sent the message. And do you know this kneegrow wrote back: "Well, I'm attracted to you. So are you saying you're not attracted to me?"

:look:

Don't reply to his last text. You've already told him you weren't interested. If you reply he'll prob keep sending you questions and if you keep replying he'll figure you are some what interested.

Unemployed and going through foreclosure why is he dating??? His free time should be spent looking for employment :look:

Since he knows where you work, but even if he didn't, I would handle it respectfully and with grace and let him know.

Sent from the corner pay phone

I have no problems rejecting guys I'm not interested in, because they have no problems tell me their aren't interested in me. Woman up.

Glib Gurl said:
Ok. I just sent the message. And do you know this kneegrow wrote back: "Well, I'm attracted to you. So are you saying you're not attracted to me?"

:lachen:

Whew lawd

Sent from the corner pay phone

If his house is in foreclosure he needs to be putting his money and invest it into a new place. He definitely has his priorities out of order.
I agree with the post by Lucie.
Unemployed and going through foreclosure why is he dating??? His free time should be spent looking for employment :look:

If hi house is in foreclosure he needs to be putting his money and invest it into a new place. He definitely has his priorities out of order.

ita... unemployed men do not need to be dating unless they were already in a relationship... and on top of you being unemployed your home is in foreclosure:nono:... you need to be focusing all your energy in getting back together

Last edited:

See, that's why I just go silent sometimes. That whole being courteous and doing unto others always ends up being more of a headache.

And you said, "That's right, I'm not attracted to you," right?

If he texts back something crazy, tell him it's done and you will not be in contact with him any longer and wish him well.

Ok, to the question of whether I was not attracted to him, I wrote: "I guess not, if you put it like that."

He wrote back simply "ok"

Done!

I know someone who laid it out loud and clear and he STILL kept coming back. His last attempt ( after at least a month of no contact) was to send a nekkid pic and ask "you sure you don't want this?" She responded with a yyyyyeah, no. Lmao!

He still responded with an lol.

Men will be men.

I know someone who laid it out loud and clear and he STILL kept coming back. His last attempt ( after at least a month of no contact) was to send a nekkid pic and ask "you sure you don't want this?" She responded with a yyyyyeah, no. Lmao!

He still responded with an lol.

Men will be men.
:lachen:... i thank the gods, old & new, i'm not a man... i just couldn't take the rejection:nono:

Last edited:

This kind of bs is why I go silent when I'm disinterested. Seriously, ain't nobody got time for this!

CALL HIM and tell him what Lucie said, so there are no missed communication. If he keeps on texting then feel free to ignore him.

How would you want a person to handle it if the situation was reversed?

^^^this! just imagine if you were excited about a person and they just ignored your text messages, hoping you would get the hint....

If the situation were reversed I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't view this as playing games after one date. We're all adults. You know what it is when the person doesn't respond after the first date. If you've been out several times or are dating the person and they disappear, well that's different. Silence after the first date is universally understood as "I'm not interested."

If the situation were reversed I'd be disappointed but I wouldn't view this as playing games after one date. We're all adults. You know what it is when the person doesn't respond after the first date. If you've been out several times or are dating the person and they disappear, well that's different. Silence after the first date is universally understood as "I'm not interested."

Yeah, it's usually understood, but doesn't make it any less rude.

Back