Texlaxers Support Thread

Subscribing and bumping for the texlaxed heads out there. I just made the decision myself to start texlaxing my hair. I just texlaxed on Thursday past and I'm happy with the results. I will need a threadlike this for support:yep:. I noticed that this thread goes dormant for very long periods of time. Are there any ladies still texlaxing their hair in here:look:?

Last edited:
Thanks Aggie for bumping this thread for comments. I forgot that I posted a couple of weeks ago since I was hanging in limbo concerning what to do with my hair. Well...
I texlaxed my hair last night (Sunday) after and eight week stretch.. I guess I am so used to the bone straight feel that it will take me a while to get used to the texture that still remains. I can't wait to see what results I will have from this.

I'm a texlaxer too!!!

I am really contemplating on going back none straight because my hair lost is out of control. Trying to keep up with three different textures (NG, texlaxed, bone straight ends) is making detangling a nightmare.

Still on the fence though. I love the thickness and texture I get with texlaxing. However, when I was relaxed bone straight my hair did not shed this bad when detangling.

Thanks Aggie for bumping this thread for comments. I forgot that I posted a couple of weeks ago since I was hanging in limbo concerning what to do with my hair. Well...
I texlaxed my hair last night (Sunday) after and eight week stretch.. I guess I am so used to the bone straight feel that it will take me a while to get used to the texture that still remains. I can't wait to see what results I will have from this.

You're welcomed tgrowe. I am definitely going through this this time.

I'm a texlaxer too!!!

I am really contemplating on going back none straight because my hair lost is out of control. Trying to keep up with three different textures (NG, texlaxed, bone straight ends) is making detangling a nightmare.

Still on the fence though. I love the thickness and texture I get with texlaxing. However, when I was relaxed bone straight my hair did not shed this bad when detangling.

Manushka, sorry to hear this. Have you tried joining the "Protein is my friend" challenge started by Patricia? This is a great support group for those dealing with damaged hair and breakage issues. I find by increasing the amount of protein treatments (mild for me), that my hair is thriving a lot better. I joined that challenge right in time for this transition. Check it out when you have a moment.

Here is the link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=327763

I still texlax and love it! After washing, my hair has really nice deep waves and I no longer have to worry about new growth being so obvious. I leave the relaxer on for about 10 minutes and I have manageability and thickness. Sometimes I contemplate going back to bone straight and then I just realize I can flat iron or do a silk wrap for that effect. It's the best of both worlds!

I still texlax and love it! After washing, my hair has really nice deep waves and I no longer have to worry about new growth being so obvious. I leave the relaxer on for about 10 minutes and I have manageability and thickness. Sometimes I contemplate going back to bone straight and then I just realize I can flat iron or do a silk wrap for that effect. It's the best of both worlds!

Uhmmm, so how do you do a silk wrap?

You're welcomed tgrowe. I am definitely going through this this time.

Manushka, sorry to hear this. Have you tried joining the "Protein is my friend" challenge started by Patricia? This is a great support group for those dealing with damaged hair and breakage issues. I find by increasing the amount of protein treatments (mild for me), that my hair is thriving a lot better. I joined that challenge right in time for this transition. Check it out when you have a moment.

Here is the link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=327763

I will have to give this a try Aggie! Thanks. I am actually DCing with ORS Replenishing Professional in the bottle as I type this. :yep:

I'm a texlaxer too!!!

Hey manushka:wave:
How are you detangling? I remember at first my hair was like that but I found that I have to treat my hair similar to my natural state. I do it in sections starting at the ends because my straight ends tend to tangle around each other. Also to help out with bunning after a wash I wash my hair in the direction for that style. In the shower for a low bun or in the sink for a higher bun, that way the water does most of the work.

my hair tangles and dreads very easily, but my hair can't withstand super straight so i'll just have to learn to deal

Hey manushka:wave:
How are you detangling? I remember at first my hair was like that but I found that I have to treat my hair similar to my natural state. I do it in sections starting at the ends because my straight ends tend to tangle around each other. Also to help out with bunning after a wash I wash my hair in the direction for that style. In the shower for a low bun or in the sink for a higher bun, that way the water does most of the work.

Thank you so much. You have given me great ideas!!!! :grin:

Any of you Texlaxers, Houstonians? I'm looking for a texlaxed buddy to guide me through this process. I've never -Ever -neva given myself a relaxer of any kind...this is a major step for me and I don't want to do it alone. Does anyone know of a Houston-area stylist that does this? Please pm me asap.

Thanks in advance!
~*Br*nze

Hey! I'm doing well with my first texlax---just wish I would have done it sooner!:grin: (I just did a length check a few days ago and will post b4 and afte pics soon). My hair is unbelievably more managable! I have less shedding and breakage because I can handle my hair better! It looks amazing and shows much more of my length [currently BSL straightened/between shoulder & APL curly].

I'm exactly 8 weeks post texlax and have at least 2 inches of new growth. I'm doing my best to stretch to 12 weeks.

Does anyone know the reason why we stretch longer? I can see the difference in growth & I'm anxious to texlax. I don't think there will be any probs with overlapping.

Hey! I'm doing well with my first texlax---just wish I would have done it sooner!:grin: (I just did a length check a few days ago and will post b4 and afte pics soon). My hair is unbelievably more managable! I have less shedding and breakage because I can handle my hair better! It looks amazing and shows much more of my length [currently BSL straightened/between shoulder & APL curly].

I'm exactly 8 weeks post texlax and have at least 2 inches of new growth. I'm doing my best to stretch to 12 weeks.

Does anyone know the reason why we stretch longer? I can see the difference in growth & I'm anxious to texlax. I don't think there will be any probs with overlapping.

I'm glad you are liking texlaxing. I choose to stretch longer for a few reasons. I self relax and I want to make sure the relaxer only gets on the new growth. I want to minimize the amount of chemicals I put on my hair. And it seems to be keeping my hair happy. Sure some days may be a little rough but we all go through that at some point or another. Currently I am almost 18 weeks post. I have 4 more to go, but I think I could go more.

:hiya2:

I just realized I'm texlaxed :lachen:. I kind of thought I was but the definitions around here are strict so I didn't want to claim something I'm not. I didn't do it intentionally but I am happy. I relaxed on January 1 with Mizani Sensitive Scalp. I left it in 17 minutes. I sprayed my new growth with saa and added saa to my relaxer. I sprayed saa on my previously relaxed hair too but really concentrated on the new growth. I oiled my previously relaxed hair.

My hair is wavy when wet. I rarely use direct heat so I air dry. My air dried hair is wavy so if I wear it down it looks like a less defined braid out if that makes sense and I have wavy buns (do we sense a theme here :grin:). I will be stretching 6 months and I guess I will be texlaxing on July 1st. I have to decide if I want to leave the relaxer in a shorter time or will I just add condish or oil to the relaxer in addition to the saa. I will try to take pics when I do my hair on Tuesday but I am terrible at it!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention right after I joined this site I relaxed on Sept 1st. I didn't use a super like I did in the past and I only let it stay on the allotted time. I did do my entire head so I know that's how I ended up with a full head of texlaxed hair. Previously I would use super or regular and would leave it on until it burned :blush:. So my hair was bone straight and I had burns :nono:. What a mess :sad:.

Okay I did my hair today rather than tomorrow because it works better in my schedule. Here is a really close up pic (sorry I told you I suck at picture taking) of wet, detangled hair. I am 14 wks post.

DSC00251.jpg

Okay I did my hair today rather than tomorrow because it works better in my schedule. Here is a really close up pic (sorry I told you I suck at picture taking) of wet, detangled hair. I am 14 wks post.

DSC00251.jpg

Girl Shay, why you insist on teasing me this way? First you create a thread on finding sales/coupons on hair products when you know darn well I am in the buy nothing for 3 months challenge and now......this!

Why you tease me so woman...:pullhair:...

~falls to my knees and groans~ "WHYYYYYYYY?" Give me more pics to see...pleeeeeeeeeeeeease:fistshake:.

~Now going to :takecover: before Shay gives me one:hardslap:~.

DSC00251.jpg

Anyhoo, you do have a nice half...uhm mmm, I mean full head of luvable thickness:grin:.

Aggie you are funny. I'm telling you I am terrible at taking pics! I will see what I can do. Don't expect much. Am I texlaxed?

Here is a pic of my bun after air drying
DSC00276-1.jpg

The back is probably a bit damp. The top and sides are 98% dry.
DSC00264-1.jpg

See I told you not to expect much. I have noticed in light you can really see my reddish brown hair. I think it has gotten lighter due to the henna extract in vatika frosting. Every now and then I use honey in some concoction too. This time of year--spring and summer--it gets even lighter.

Aggie you are funny. I'm telling you I am terrible at taking pics! I will see what I can do. Don't expect much. Am I texlaxed?

Thanks Shay and yes, you are definitely texlaxed.

Here is a pic of my bun after air drying
DSC00276-1.jpg

The back is probably a bit damp. The top and sides are 98% dry.
DSC00264-1.jpg

See I told you not to expect much. I have noticed in light you can really see my reddish brown hair. I think it has gotten lighter due to the henna extract in vatika frosting. Every now and then I use honey in some concoction too. This time of year--spring and summer--it gets even lighter.

This is a little better, but maybe I wasn't too clear... I want to see length shots mama:grin:. I gatta admit though, your hair is hugely thick, just how I want mine to be:yep:.

Thanks Shay and yes, you are definitely texlaxed.

This is a little better, but maybe I wasn't too clear... I want to see length shots mama:grin:. I gatta admit though, your hair is hugely thick, just how I want mine to be:yep:.

Thanks for answering my question. I know you wanted length shots but I ain't got none :lachen:. I hope to have one in a week or 2 when I get my shirt from DSD and I can get my mom or one of the girls at work to take a pic. Of course I will try to take one myself first and see what happens.

Back