Testimonial Time

It~Can~Grow

I need to say this:

Despite what society thinks "women are catty and in constant competition with one another," this site is proof that black women (no disrespect to the women from other groups that support this site) can love, support and share to improve one another.

Think back to when you were in middle school, or worse yet, high school - how many girls did you know with pretty hair that FLAT OUT REFUSED :nono: to tell you what they did to grow or maintain their hair?

I can raise my hand. A simply question, 'what shampoo do you use' would always result in "I don't know, my mother does my hair." What! So, what you're saying is, when you get up from the sink, you NEVER glanced at the 'shampoo bottle?' :perplexed

So, what I'm saying is I'm glad we have evolved as a group of women confident enough in who we are that we are willing to help one another achieve a common goal.

Enough of the mush!!

Thanks, LHCF, I'm on my way!!

I have to agree with you. It is so nice to have a site where Black women support each other. I did not grow up with a lot of support from women (friends or family). This site feels like a safe haven for me. :grin:

BRAVO! I love to educate people about black hair care. Some takes my advice and some don't... it's strictly up to them.

This is why I fell in love with this site.....Black women helping and supporting one another ...Not competing against each other. My husband I will go places and he'll be like do you know her..It will be a black girl staring me down I like I did something to her...I've learned to fight meanness with kindness. I just smile at them........Keep it moving........

So happy to see us supporting and caring for each other

I have to agree with you. It is so nice to have a site where Black women support each other. I did not grow up with a lot of support from women (friends or family). This site feels like a safe haven for me. :grin:

ITA! I was just wishing I could find women like LHCF women in real life. :(

I think that's great too. This is why I liked the forum from the start. I remember getting the "My momma does my hair", or "I forgot what the name of the grease is" comments. Funny thing is, I go to University with a girl that said that to me, and her hair's breaking and refuses to grow past her shoulders. Karma's a ******!!!

I so agree, that's why if I access another site about hair, I kinda feel like I'm cheating on my beloved LHCF. When I first got on here, I even did a thread about it. You guys really warm my heart and I truely do feel the love just ooze through my monitor:yep: I love you guys!! :grouphug3::urock:

I need to say this:

Despite what society thinks "women are catty and in constant competition with one another," this site is proof that black women (no disrespect to the women from other groups that support this site) can love, support and share to improve one another.

Think back to when you were in middle school, or worse yet, high school - how many girls did you know with pretty hair that FLAT OUT REFUSED :nono: to tell you what they did to grow or maintain their hair?

I can raise my hand. A simply question, 'what shampoo do you use' would always result in "I don't know, my mother does my hair." What! So, what you're saying is, when you get up from the sink, you NEVER glanced at the 'shampoo bottle?' :perplexed

So, what I'm saying is I'm glad we have evolved as a group of women confident enough in who we are that we are willing to help one another achieve a common goal.

Enough of the mush!!

Thanks, LHCF, I'm on my way!!

I'm very thankful for LHCF. However, even today as an adult, I find that some women don't want to share their hair secrets. I met a girl @ the Dominican salon w/MBL natural hair getting a flexi rod set & I asked her how long had she been natural. She definitely wasn't nice when she told me that she never had a relaxer. So basically I didn't ask any more questions. :nono: I used to go to a stylist back home & she was BSL - stringy & thin but she had the length & she was holding on for dear life. She didn't want any of her clients to have hair longer than hers. She had a client w/ WL hair & she talked her into cutting off all of her hair - she said it was just too much hair. :rolleyes:

To quote, Sareca "if only we could be found in real life!"

I was speaking to a cousin this morning, and she said this very thing about our BIOLOGICAL family.

She said they are so competitive and stand-offish (I love that word even if it's not a real word). My comment was, 'why does it even matter?' If you're a lawyer, doctor or a sanitation worker, you're still important and have a place in the this world.

I love you no matter what you do, so why try to compeite. What's meant as your slice in this world will be your slice. Now you have to actively pursue it in order to obtain it, but nobody can take away what's truly yours - it's waiting for you (don't sleep on it though)!

Yes,
I wish my hair was as full as Sareca's or NakiaLovesShoes, or as long as Babygurls, SweetCashews, Candy_Cs...the list is endless, but it AINT!! My hate'n on any ladies accomplishments aint gonna make mine happen any faster, or with that kind of hate in my heart, at all!! :sad:

I just give praise and keep working my plan in the hopes I reach a similar goal.

Last edited:
I totally agree! i love the helpful gals on this site!

Just to add my 2 cents in - hehehheh. i know from reading posts that some posts have gotten out of hand/argumentative/passionate at times. I hope we all can just accept each others opinions and remember that with 'written' comments, sometimes someones tone comes off wrong and its subject to interpretation b/c you are READING it, and not hearing their true voice.

Since this site is so helpful, we should try not to scare each other off and be understanding. I now give advice to EVERYONE :grin: but they usually turn a def ear once they hear how much work is involved....

ITA! I was just wishing I could find women like LHCF women in real life. :(

Amen!!

It's not just hair that women hate, it's everything they're not. I don't know why some women find it difficult to lift up, comfort and encourage each other. We all have our stuggles, having long hair does not prevent anyone from pain, hurt, suffering or anything else. If you have just one good, loving and true friend consider yourself blessed! I know there is a true sister friend out there for me, I just have to find her!!:yep:

Back