TELL THE TRUTH: MTG v. MSM

MTG or MSM?

• I got the best results while using MTG

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • I got the best results while taking MSM

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

aloof one

One can be taken orally and the other is a greasy hot mess you have to rub on your scalp. I am about to finish my trial size bottle of MTG that I took a break from and just restarted. I have also just began taking hair pills with a lot of MSM in them to see how that works. Hair pills HAVE worked for me before, even when I didn't use them consistently, so I expect real results now that I take them everyday on schedule. But MTG worked for me as well. I just want to know if any of you ladies who have tried either one have a real preference, and what results you had that made you choose that way. For example:

How often did you apply/take it?
How much growth did you gain?
What did your NG feel like, if it was different?
Besides smell, did you have any unpleasant side effects?

Do people here just not like when I post threads or something???
Seriously, I cant afford to buy both when I know someone in here can help me out, right?
Bump?

i've used both, and neither of them was all that great to me :ohwell: i use BT now, which i LOVE, but i know lots of ladies swear by msm for loosening their texture and alleviating joint pain...

if i were you, i'd fool with a combo of BT, biotin, and b-complex...now THOSE are some killa B's right there! :yep:

I have used both and stopped using MSM because I had the worst cyst on my face when I used it. MTG works wonders on my hair without side effects. It is a bit oil but I bun my hair so that does not bother me. The smell is not bad at all to me. I actually like it.

i've used both, and neither of them was all that great to me :ohwell: i use BT now, which i LOVE, but i know lots of ladies swear by msm for loosening their texture and alleviating joint pain...

if i were you, i'd fool with a combo of BT, biotin, and b-complex...now THOSE are some killa B's right there! :yep:
This is funny but this what i use all those B:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:OH i tryed mtg a big bottle but i could never get my hair moisturizer right when i use it.my hair was dry. so now i use BT and another growth aid. msm i didnt see any thing happend with it. BUT i still use it cause i cant wast it.if you try it try the little bottle of mtg or just shoot for bt.

Last edited:
I've used MTG, and am getting some more. It sped up my growth, and i only used it for about 2 months. MSM, on the otherhand, gave me too many detox side effects, so i quit using it. I didn't get to use it long enough to see any benefits, but lots of people have.

I'm telling the truth... MTG may have worked, but it
smelled really really bad, it was messy... it was ruining my vibe.

MSM... I've been taking 500mg a day... I get a little over
½ an inch per month... I noticed a difference in texture
when using MSM... I don't know what it's done for my growth...
I wasn't measuring before I started.

I've used both.

Mtg-for growth

Msm-for texture. I don't believe Msm helped promote hair growth for me.
But it does help my new growth come in softer. Besides that, Msm..has a lot of other health benefits. Such as:

My skin is extra soft, smooth and clear.
No allergy problems.
No cramps when it comes to my monthly cycle.

msm gave me softer groth but a really heavy period..my hair liked the Mtg but my coworkers didn't..my skin actually cleared up with the mtg running down my face and back :)

I've used both.

Mtg-for growth

Msm-for texture. I don't believe Msm helped promote hair growth for me.
But it does help my new growth come in softer. Besides that, Msm..has a lot of other health benefits. Such as:

My skin is extra soft, smooth and clear.
No allergy problems.
No cramps when it comes to my monthly cycle.

Wow, it sounds like it really does have benefits fore more than just hair. I wish funky MTG could do that :nono: maybe I need to just keep up with both

You know, I just thought about that a while earlier today after I made that post. Do you know where I would go to buy this? Is it cheaper than MTG? Are the effects the same? I honestly thought you ladies were all talking about a person or a tutorial whenever I saw someone mention BoundlessTresses, lol.

Where would I go to to purchase it?
TIA

She told the TRUF!!! Killer B's are:

Boundless Tresses, www.growthspecifics.com
Biotin, www.puritan.com
B-Complex, www.puritan.com
add some Pantothenic Acid or B5 from www.puritan.com

And if you really want, add Bamboo Silica from vitacost.com

I would leave the Stinky Funky Stuff, a.k.a MTG alone and stick with BT.

Many women swear that MSM keeps their NG under control, but for me there are just too many negative side effects like weight gain and messed up menstrual cycles.

She told the TRUF!!! Killer B's are:

Boundless Tresses, www.growthspecifics.com
Biotin, www.puritan.com
B-Complex, www.puritan.com
add some Pantothenic Acid or B5 from www.puritan.com

And if you really want, add Bamboo Silica from vitacost.com

I would leave the Stinky Funky Stuff, a.k.a MTG alone and stick with BT.

Many women swear that MSM keeps their NG under control, but for me there are just too many negative side effects like weight gain and messed up menstrual cycles.

I luv me some MSM. Sorry, it didn't work out for ya.

love the killer b's :grin:

...i vote for mtg

Back