Teacher got schooled!

Eisani

Okay, so I went to Jc Penney yesterday to scope out hair products and see what, if anything, was on special. As I'm walking in to the salon, a nice black guy (the only 1) working there asked me if I needed help with anything. I politely told him I was just looking. He comes over anyway (it burns my butt when people do this) and starts talking and asked me my hair type. Not thinking, I told him a 3c/4a mixture and he was like no, I mean is it curly, straight...I said oohhh, right :eyeroll: I'm very curly. I was looking at some Phyto Organics stuff, just reading labels and dude said "no, this is what you need," walking toward the KeraCare and Mizani (why are these the only products behind the counter?). I said "I've used all that stuff before and still use Humecto every now and then. I getting irked by now because I already told this punk I was just looking... Anyway, he shows me the Biolage and some other things and once again I'm like "been there, done that" he then says "well since you've tried everything, maybe you should stick to one line. You need to give things time to see if they work!" I explained to him the ills of being a PJ and it not even being a matter of sticking to something, I just like to buy stuff. Then he tried to school me on washing hair and leaving in the conditioner and said he does this once/wk. I told him my hair was wet 90% of the time and (co)wash about every 3 days and I always leave in conditioner. He then thought he figured out the answer to my imaginary problem (remember when I said I was just looking?) And goes "aaahhhh, all that washing is drying your hair out. This-" I didn't even let him finish. I was like "you know what, I am no rookie when it comes to hair and hair care. I know what works and could probably teach yall a thing or two, don't let this clipped bun fool you, I'm protecting my ends!" DD was standing there and cosigned "her hair is this long" and drew a line on her back near her tail bone, which was obviously an over exaggeration :laugh: in 30 seconds I told him about cowashing, the diff between moisturizing and sealing, and adding oils to conditioners. His mouth was open. I also let him know that while I appreciate him putting forth the effort to help, never assume you're dealing with a novice nor a pro, ask questions but if someone says they're just looking, respect their space. And while KeraCare and Mizani are good, stop directing black customers straight to that stuff, like nothing else up in that joint will work on our hair! I ended up giving him my number so we could talk shop and go shoe shopping :look: he said my shoes were to die for...

I ended up giving him my number so we could talk shop and go shoe shopping :look: he said my shoes were to die for...
he just wanna see your stash.

of conditioners, that is.

i had a similar experience yesterday...a friend of mine who does hair was trying to tell me about hair care and rag on her roomie, who coincidentally is an LHCF member. i zoned out after "she washes her hair so much...i don't think that's good" and some more buffoonery.

No you did NOT give him your number so yall can go shoe shopping and talk hair! LOL :lachen: Hilarious..! That was my laugh for the day!

You told this story so well. I can just imagine the look on his face. Have fun shoe shopping!!!

he just wanna see your stash.

of conditioners, that is.

i had a similar experience yesterday...a friend of mine who does hair was trying to tell me about hair care and rag on her roomie, who coincidentally is an LHCF member. i zoned out after "she washes her hair so much...i don't think that's good" and some more buffoonery.

LMAO!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I gotta use that.

Eisani I would have LOVED to see the look on ol dude's face when you were done. :lol:

SPEAK THAT KNOWLEDGE, GIRL!!!!

That happens to me quite often when I go to beauty supply's that have those type of products. But I am dealing with Caucasian people who are wondering why I am in their establishment and then how I know so much about the products lines as if WE cannot be privy to them.

lol finally someone stood up to these people!!! i hate everytime i go to a department store, i always get directed to the "black hair care" section... i'm like i dont use that stuff!!!

You did not school him and give him your phone number:look: :lol: :look:. I think you would be fun to hang out with:yep:.

lol finally someone stood up to these people!!! i hate everytime i go to a department store, i always get directed to the "black hair care" section... i'm like i dont use that stuff!!!

and thank goodness for it. They make our stuff lower in quality and it sucks. I haven't used most of the typical black products in years and you can tell:look:

Okay, so I went to Jc Penney yesterday to scope out hair products and see what, if anything, was on special. As I'm walking in to the salon, a nice black guy (the only 1) working there asked me if I needed help with anything. I politely told him I was just looking. He comes over anyway (it burns my butt when people do this) and starts talking and asked me my hair type. Not thinking, I told him a 3c/4a mixture and he was like no, I mean is it curly, straight...I said oohhh, right :eyeroll: I'm very curly. I was looking at some Phyto Organics stuff, just reading labels and dude said "no, this is what you need," walking toward the KeraCare and Mizani (why are these the only products behind the counter?). I said "I've used all that stuff before and still use Humecto every now and then. I getting irked by now because I already told this punk I was just looking... Anyway, he shows me the Biolage and some other things and once again I'm like "been there, done that" he then says "well since you've tried everything, maybe you should stick to one line. You need to give things time to see if they work!" I explained to him the ills of being a PJ and it not even being a matter of sticking to something, I just like to buy stuff. Then he tried to school me on washing hair and leaving in the conditioner and said he does this once/wk. I told him my hair was wet 90% of the time and (co)wash about every 3 days and I always leave in conditioner. He then thought he figured out the answer to my imaginary problem (remember when I said I was just looking?) And goes "aaahhhh, all that washing is drying your hair out. This-" I didn't even let him finish. I was like "you know what, I am no rookie when it comes to hair and hair care. I know what works and could probably teach yall a thing or two, don't let this clipped bun fool you, I'm protecting my ends!" DD was standing there and cosigned "her hair is this long" and drew a line on her back near her tail bone, which was obviously an over exaggeration :laugh: in 30 seconds I told him about cowashing, the diff between moisturizing and sealing, and adding oils to conditioners. His mouth was open. I also let him know that while I appreciate him putting forth the effort to help, never assume you're dealing with a novice nor a pro, ask questions but if someone says they're just looking, respect their space. And while http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZN KeraCare and Mizani are good, stop directing black customers straight to that stuff, like nothing else up in that joint will work on our hair! I ended up giving him my number so we could talk shop and go shoe shopping :look: he said my shoes were to die for...

:lachen::lachen: the whole thing is funny and your are a trip!!!

...... shoe shoppin

You handled that so well! Let us know when you two go shopping. (Maybe he can hook you up with some discounts next time.)

!" DD was standing there and cosigned "her hair is this long" and drew a line on her back near her tail bone, which was obviously an over exaggeration :laugh:

this right here had me rollin:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

cliff%2520notes.jpg

No you did NOT give him your number so yall can go shoe shopping and talk hair! LOL :lachen: Hilarious..! That was my laugh for the day!
He seemed interested in what I had to say and he liked my shoes and I liked his scarf so...:look:
LMAO!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I gotta use that.

Eisani I would have LOVED to see the look on ol dude's face when you were done. :lol:
His mouth was just kinda open like no she "diddy-int". It was like a big sis little sis moment...and I do mean sis:lachen:

Sooooo....when yall going shoe shopping :look:
he said he'll call me on his day off (Wed), we'll see!

You did not school him and give him your phone number:look: :lol: :look:. I think you would be fun to hang out with:yep:.
Aww, thanks! I am kind of a lot of fun ;) LMAO

You handled that so well! Let us know when you two go shopping. (Maybe he can hook you up with some discounts next time.)
Ya know, I had that in the back of my mind "everyday I'm hustlin..."

!" DD was standing there and cosigned "her hair is this long" and drew a line on her back near her tail bone, which was obviously an over exaggeration :laugh:

this right here had me rollin:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
That girl is something different.

:rolleyes::moon:

Thats sooo funny! I went to a salon the other day and when I walked in the white girl asked if she could help me. I told her I was just looking at what kind of products they have. She said well the Mizani and KeraCare are over here. I said...thanks but I was looking for BioSilk :look: She was like oh! :drunk:

I was really looking for KeraCare but she didn't have to assume. :lol:

Thats sooo funny! I went to a salon the other day and when I walked in the white girl asked if she could help me. I told her I was just looking at what kind of products they have. She said well the Mizani and KeraCare are over here. I said...thanks but I was looking for BioSilk :look: She was like oh! :drunk:

I was really looking for KeraCare but she didn't have to assume. :lol:

:lachen::lachen:I've done this before! I was in Family Dollar one day and the lady in line in front of me returned a box relaxer and the people working there were trying to make sure everything was in the box and asked me if I knew anything about them (why, cuz I'm black?) and I looked at the box and said "No I don't, sorry." :look::lachen:Then my LHCF maternal instinct kicked in and I was like now what if some unsuspecting consumer buys this box, gets home and applies the relaxer only to find there's no neutralizing poo cuz some arse hole didn't return it? I played like I was reading the box to know what all s/b in there. They make you do it sometimes!!!

Back