Wow, the ignorance of some people!

I understand the OP,

There is a lady that I work with who is mostly Caucasian with a bunch of native american thrown in. She has mostly 3a hair. She has two mixed kids 18 and 13 and was married to a Black man for a decade+.
Anyways, I wore my hair curly one day and everyone was asking how I got my hair so curly. Well I told them this is how my hair is, all I did was wash it... Well this Lady asked if I had a perm, I said no, not since like the sixth grade, I graduated high school in 2005 btw. All of that hair is GONE. So she says no its not?!?!?!? WTF. Ok I say even my new growth had this hair pattern. She swears up and down that my hair coloring has loosened my curl. Again I show her my new growth... Oh well.
He daughters have 4a/b-ish hair and she is always talking about how nappy it is, and how she needs to give them a perm. :scratchch I have offered to help her daughters out, and have told them about the forums. I do what I can...but it gets really annoying feeling like I need to teach people about my hair and prove that this is how it is.

shishh! the ignorance, smh. same as my friends always asking what to do, what to do and when i tell them they complain out the hizzie. so i don't even bother anymore. tell them you ain't gonna do it anyway and keep it moving

Talking to a man about hair is like talking to a person who doesn't like sports about baseball. Why waste your breath?

Oh and what is wrong with Will Smith's daughter's hair?
I don't get the implication that she has "bad hair" and that's why here parents cut/pressed/relaxed her hair? I really don't think that's the reason for the cut and her natural texture looks just like her brothers :look:

Maybe I'm just quick to snip snip at this time in my life, but I'd be re-evaluating our relationship, on the real. Not at all saying that's what you should be doing, but it's what I know my reaction would be.

Now I know the menz iz preshush and we need to hold onto them reaaaaaaal tight, but really...

How are you going to try to tell me about my own daggone hair and what I do and don't do to it? And pretty much tell me I'm a liar and I try to front my beautiful texture? Uh uh, sucka.

You can't understand basic laws of physics like gravity? You can't understnad concepts like heat and pressure? (Straightening?) You ever iron clothes?

Africa is a monolithic continent with just a giant huge group of people who allllll do the same things, namely not doing a THING to their hair? You don't know much of anything about Africa? You haven't gone to the bookstore or library and at least looked through a photo book?

And sure, there are chemicals in hair conditioner. There are chemicals in soap wash and lotion. So, is using them equivalent to my making a decision to alter my skin's true nature?

Yes, a lot of black people are ignorant about black hair textures, baaasic physics, Africa and Africans, and a lot of other things that, in an ideal world, would be common, basic knowledge once you graduate from high school.
Africa is a hugggggggggge continent and it irks me to no end that people in any other country (not continent) are allowed to have any eye colour, curly or straight hair and varying shades, but in the huge continent of Africa, everyone looks the same?:wallbash:

Last edited:
Back