• I combined/ will combine my maiden and husband's surname

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 3 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bump.

@SheenaVee What you end up doing?

My wedding is 3.5 weeks away. :blush: I'm leaning toward hyphenating.

I decided to just take his name. I tried out hypenating and it was just too long lol. Didn't have time to be writing that all the time.

However, I haven't changed anything legally yet:look: so I'm still going by my last name professionally. But socially people call me by his last name. I'll get round to changing everything at some point.

And yay! Are you excited? Nervous?

I've got the second part of my wedding coming up on the 20th May. The actual reception where a ton of my family are coming. Got people flying in from different countries so it's a pretty big deal.

However, I've already done the actual wedding part. This is literally just a big party so I'm not so nervous. Looking forward to it actually. And I haven't had to do anything in terms of planning and paying. My family and his family have taken care of it all.

I decided to just take his name. I tried out hypenating and it was just too long lol. Didn't have time to be writing that all the time.

However, I haven't changed anything legally yet:look: so I'm still going by my last name professionally. But socially people call me by his last name. I'll get round to changing everything at some point.

And yay! Are you excited? Nervous?

I've got the second part of my wedding coming up on the 20th May. The actual reception where a ton of my family are coming. Got people flying in from different countries so it's a pretty big deal.

However, I've already done the actual wedding part. This is literally just a big party so I'm not so nervous. Looking forward to it actually. And I haven't had to do anything in terms of planning and paying. My family and his family have taken care of it all.

My wedding is May 20th! I'm both excited and nervous. Nervous because I don't really like to be the center of attention and a wedding is all about the couple -- especially the bride. It'll be all eyes on me. :lol: But I'm excited to start a new life with my fiancé and glad that I get to celebrate with my family and friends.

Part of me also just wants to get it over with. :look: :lol: Wedding planning takes up so much time! So much planning, preparation and money all for one day! I'll definitely be happy when the big day is here.

Well, if it's with this guy, we have the same last name lol

If it's not him, then by the time I get married, I'll have publications in my name, too, so too bad so sad for whoever the lucky guy is lol

I just found out that two of the projects I worked on and co-authored last year were recently accepted into the American Association for Cancer Research and the other in the Journal of Clinical Investigation!!!!!!!

I added my husband's name to my own. Officially, it is hyphenated, but when I write it out I omit the hyphen. However, aside from my marriage license, I have not changed my name on any other official documents like my license, passport, etc. Just don't have the energy to battle with these agencies for a name change...And secretly I still love my maiden name...

I just found out that two of the projects I worked on and co-authored last year were recently accepted into the American Association for Cancer Research and the other in the Journal of Clinical Investigation!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Back