Super Grow Out Challenge **Update Month 7**

Chicoro checking in! I am still using the baggie/vaseline method. I have not put any heat in my hair since the end of January. I haven't taken any pictures either. I have switched to a vegan diet and have been on that for about a month. My hair is creeping down my back. Pieces of my hair have gone past the line on my waist and are hovering above my butt. The bulk of my hair is still around my waist line. I am sure that the ends are ragged and jagged, but not split. I am doing much better with the water and want to start on liquid supplements, eventually.

I guess that's about four (4) inches of growth since January until the end of July. That is a little over a 1/2 inch of growth a month. I want to use up all of my products and try to switch to more natural products. MeccaMedinah made a great suggestion to me on how I can better apply and use my ten (10) pounds of shea butter. I plan to get a blow out and press and trim in December 2005. I will document my progress then. Therefore, I am holding steady. I am doing very little to my hair. It's boring, but hey it's working for me. I will have to wait until December to whip my hair around in people's faces. No, I won't...that would be rude. :look: ! :D

Chicoro

Chicoro said:
Chicoro checking in! I am still using the baggie/vaseline method. I have not put any heat in my hair since the end of January. I haven't taken any pictures either. I have switched to a vegan diet and have been on that for about a month. My hair is creeping down my back. Pieces of my hair have gone past the line on my waist and are hovering above my butt. The bulk of my hair is still around my waist line. I am sure that the ends are ragged and jagged, but not split. I am doing much better with the water and want to start on liquid supplements, eventually.

I guess that's about four (4) inches of growth since January until the end of July. That is a little over a 1/2 inch of growth a month. I want to use up all of my products and try to switch to more natural products. MeccaMedinah made a great suggestion to me on how I can better apply and use my ten (10) pounds of shea butter. I plan to get a blow out and press and trim in December 2005. I will document my progress then. Therefore, I am holding steady. I am doing very little to my hair. It's boring, but hey it's working for me. I will have to wait until December to whip my hair around in people's faces. No, I won't...that would be rude. :look: ! :D

Chicoro

:grin: You're so crazy! Great progress. I get like 4 inches in a year. I guess I need to leave the chicken & steak alone.:ohwell:

I have been natural for about 2 years. I going to try a relaxer soon.

:confused: Is the Phytorelaxer really worth $60?
Has anyone tried the organic root stimulation relaxer?

I just recently cut off 2 inches because my ends are thin due to the use of no-lye relaxers. I am also losing my hair because I'm anemic. I've been taking my iron pills, the doctor said my hair will start to grow back within the next 6 months to 1 year. Beside my the shedding my hair is doing really well.

Hey everyone!

I apologize that I haven't really been checking in like I should! The update threads seem to come up when I'm out on the road.

Anyway, after a couple of relaxer mishaps, I've had to cut a toal of 2 inches. I was really surprised that my hair grew as much as it did! Although initially i was a lil bummed about having to cut that bit of length, I have no doubts that my hair will now thrive becasue of the lessons that I've learned with my setbacks.

From now on I will: Relax every 16 weeks with Elucence ONLY!!!! Nothing else! If I can't get it then oh well!

I will wash and rollerset my hair weekly. I am purchasing a Pibbs 514 Quik Dry next week. I think It will be a good investment for me since i'm a wash and set groupie. My hair has flourished with doing wet sets!

My new loves are: Silicon Mix Treatment and that darn Seda Anti Humidity leave in with a tid bit of lacio-lacio for the rollerset! My hair loves this!

I will continue to wash with Elucence MB Shampoo. It's gentle and cleansing for my hair.

Also, I've discovered that using Aubrey Organics GPB every 3 weeks has proven to be wonderful for my hair. I believe that this is what rebounded my hairs elasticity after the relaxer disaster.

Last but not least, I've decided to take a hiatus with all the picture taking. I will continue to take pics for the super Grow out challenge, but I wont them public until December. kind of like an end of the year grand finale.

(But don't hold me to it cause some how i know i will have a relapse!)

Happy Growing Ladies!

MissJet

Last edited:
Wow 7 months already!!! I have been transitioning 10 months now, it has been really difficult and I am about ready to give up. I have been making the weirdest progress ever. I am thinking about a 3 to 3 1/2 inch cut. I can't make up my mind if I want to just go for it or do a little at a time. In the meantime, rollersets and braidouts are still the thing for me.

http://public.fotki.com/sharee/super_growth_challenge/
Password: hair

I can't believe it's already month 7!

I last relaxed in March, and I'm planning on relaxing again in August or September. I'm doing CO washes 2-3 times per week, and I'm wearing buns almost daily. I'm getting a little bored with my hairstyle, but I'm trying to stay heat free at the moment.

All-in-all, everything is going well.

beloved1 said:
This past month, I only used heat once or twice (vs. weekly), did some cw's which I don't usually do, added Sulfur 8 to my regimen and wore my hair in a bun a lot and I was pleased with the results. I gained some length (almost an inch) but more so my hair 'filled in' a lot at the nape. My hair does not feel as thick as normal though b/c I used Revlon instead of my beloved Phyto, but w/ protein treatments/ conditioners it's getting back to normal. I'm getting lots of compliments on the growth. I started out above chin length (February) and am on target for true shoulder length hair by the end of this year. I'm planning to keep it in a bun for the next month or so, with plenty of cw's b/c I will be coloring between now and the next relaxer and want it to be really healthy.
Please quit Revlon. I believe it in conjunction with Accutane caused me to thin out a lOT. I'm starting to believe that Revlon was a huge contributor b/c my sister (who wasn't on Accutane) lost a lot of thickness with Revlon Realistic as well. **we both used the LYE regular formula*

Note: I'm not in the super grow out challenge but I just wanted to give everyone else encouragement. I like to sit on the site lines and read your tips! Keep em' coming. In the mean time, I'm just Sewin' while it's growin'

Still creeping slowly towards my waist. I definitely see an increase in growth and thickness. it looks like i've gained about an inch since my last update. routine is still the same, I either shampoo or wash with conditioner only like 3x a week. I find that my hair does well with minimal products so after i wash all i use is leave in conditioner and if i feel i need it I rub a tiny bit of castor oil on my ends (like the last 2 inches of my hair) and thats it! I love it because it saves me $$ in the long run and its nice to know i dont need to load my hair up in products to make it look nice.

I am checking in.....

What am I doing....

The first 2-3 weeks after a perm: I only wash once a week.
on weeks 4-8/9: I wash at least 2-3 times a week. Each time conditioned wash (EVVO and VO5 Protein conditioner mixed togeter)
Week 9-12: I start to go a little crazy with my new growth so I am back to a once a week conditioned wash.
-I wash my hair in 6 sections when I hit week 7 or 8.
- I use Wild Hair Growth, it keeps my hair soft. (I stopped using MTG.I had alot to tangling when I used it.)
-After I wash I use S-CURL on my new growths alone
- 2-3 weks post perm I wear protective styles (buns, braids,etc)
- About week 10-until next perm I try not to comb (like the comb could make it through my hair :lol ....It's a hot mess by this point, but I have alot of cute styles I wear in my photo album when I am stretching.....

Last but not least I deep condition once a week.

Progress pictures

Checking in. Got a relaxer today after five long months and actually managed to maintain some length. I updated my album with pics after my relaxer and trim (too bad the humidity got to it before I could take the pics..sorry :( )

Regimine will be something like:

Pretreat with coconut oil, evoo, honey, humectress warmed and on dry hair for 30-60 minutes without heat
Poo with therappe
Con with humectress/keraphix
Headress (rusk, humectress) and rollerset

I know I'm late! Hi DSD:wave:

I'm doing good. I texturized my hair in July and it is thriving. Seems to be the perfect balance (for me) between relaxed and natural. Glad you're keeping such a positive attitude despite some of your setbacks. Your hair is beautiful. Thanks for keeping this challenge going!:)

It's been a long time since I've checked in. I think I've made it to brastrap. I'm nine weeks post relaxer but my hair goes beyond the top of brastrap when I stretch it. We'll see after my touch up and dusting. I've been basically leaving my hair alone: not using too much heat, protective styles, etc. And I've relaxed a bit since I've been so close to my goal. Amazing how your goal length can sneak up on you when you're not obsessing about it.

dontspeakdefeat said:
Hi Ladies! :wave:

It time to post your progress for month 7 of the SGO Challenge.

I have to say that this year has been a year of major setbacks for me and I am not on target to reach brastrap anytime soon but I am hanging in there. I need to rethink what I am doing with my hair and just go back to basics. My hair loves the basics. I also need to be more gentle with my hair because my ends are so fragile. I would like to get to my goal with strong healthy ends.

I am currently wearing a sew in weave and I will keep this in at least 2 more weeks for a total of 5 weeks. I am using my MTG 3 times a week and I just wash my hair as needed. Everything seems to be going pretty good.

What about everyone else??

Hi fellow challengers!! I'm back on the hair bandwagon. I am now in braids and plan to remain that way until Christmas or longer. I am currently between 17 and 18 inches. One of my braids slipped off :look: , so I'm cheating and using that piece of hair for measuring. My last perm was the very beginning of May, and that piece of hair has almost 2 inches of new growth. I hope that's the trend for the rest of my hair. I guess I'll make bra strap my ultimate goal, but that may be aiming too high. Good luck ladies!!

Last edited:
I can't remember for sure but I think I'm in this challenge. :)

My hair is behaving nicely. The breakage is almost non-existant, just the normal shedding. I think my growth rate has slowed down a little though because I didn't bring any of my vitamins with me on this trip. Suitcase was too full.

I'm 6 weeks post relaxer and still hoping to make it to bra strap by the end of December. That's supposed to be my Christmas gift to myself. :D Just trying to stick with the normal routine minus the vits. Happy growing all.

IMGP0462b-vi.jpg

simplycee said:
I'm making the same ole report! :ohwell: My hair is doing fine. No splits, no breakage, just the normal shedding which MSM seems to have slowed for me. I love the shine and the thickness.

HOWEVER, my hair refuses to make it to bra strap. Its just hovering over my bra strap like its afraid to go past it. I was hoping to be bra strap by June but that came and went. :ohwell: I got a touch up last week and this is the first time in a long time that it went exactly the way it was supposed to. So I'm very happy about that. I'm still on the fence about if I should post pics. I feel like I've made no progress. I see braids in my near future.

Maybe next month will be better.
Girl, you probably have made progresss but just don't realize it. Remember a watched pot never boils!

beloved1 said:
This past month, I only used heat once or twice (vs. weekly), did some cw's which I don't usually do, added Sulfur 8 to my regimen and wore my hair in a bun a lot and I was pleased with the results. I gained some length (almost an inch) but more so my hair 'filled in' a lot at the nape. My hair does not feel as thick as normal though b/c I used Revlon instead of my beloved Phyto, but w/ protein treatments/ conditioners it's getting back to normal. I'm getting lots of compliments on the growth. I started out above chin length (February) and am on target for true shoulder length hair by the end of this year. I'm planning to keep it in a bun for the next month or so, with plenty of cw's b/c I will be coloring between now and the next relaxer and want it to be really healthy.
You grow girl!!

MsCrystal said:
I think I'm on this challenge. the hair seems to be doing pretty good. right now i'm letting it rest for the sake of no maintenance. I'm about to start taking biotin. Out of curiosity mainly, but alas, I'm still seeking that brastrap. :)
I am glad to hear that your hair is doing well. Good Luck with the biotin.

MeccaMedinah said:
I can't see the pics but HHG!!

UmSumayyah said:
My poor hair has been sorely neglected. I still sleep on a satin pillowcase but I wasn't covering it otherwise, was washing a little less than once a week.
Yesterday I did a pre-poo with honey, almond oil and coconut oil and it was wonderful! My hair is feeling soft instead of brittle. So I have plans to go back to actually taking care of my hair because the straw thing was not cute.
My breakage hasn't stopped, but the pieces seem to be getting shorter, which is some progress at least. :lol: I may end up cutting 1.5 inches off before december just so I can stop seeing this darn breakage. No change in thickness though.
My goal is to have my hair about an inch longer than it is now at the end of December with no breakage.
OOOO, that prepoo sounds great!! I am glad the breakage is getting better. Good Luck reaching your goal.

Valerie said:
For a long time, my hair was passed nape length, it was getting thicker, but it refused to get any longer, however, I have started using my supplements again, also I am using sulphur mixed in my hair promades and spray. Also I have just purchased Black castor oil, which I received on Saturday and I was waiting for the trial size MTG any time soon. Hopefully, I should be also getting more length.
Doing all that you are your hair will be past your nape before you know it!!

lveurslf said:
Everything is going good over here. I am 8 weeks post relaxer and I'm wearing cornrows in order to get to the 12 week mark. I have so much newgrowth and shrinkage that I don't know how much my hair has grown. I'm only 2 inches away from my first goal which is right above shoulder blades. I've been using MTG and I'm hoping to see some good results with that. I'm still taking my vitamins (multi,msm,flaxseed oil,) and my protein shakes. I'm drinking my water although not as much as I should. I need to step it up.
Yay!! Keep up the good work.

vikkisecret said:
Hey DSD! :wave:

The summertime hasn't been very kind to me in the growth department. I am going to be 9 weeks post relaxer on Fri. I only have 1.5 inch of newgrowth! I am so SAD :cry3:. But I have been forgetting to take my vitamins here and there and I don't really use my MTG as much as I should. I think I have only used it like 3 times in like a month and a half. For some reason though I grow more hair toward the end of my stretching?? I have to step it up if I at least want to be at the bottom of armpit by Dec 2005. That is my goal. I hope I can make it. From now until I get to 12 weeks post....I will use my MTG faithfully at 3 times a week.:D

I gave myself a trim and tried a new french twist braidout! (Pics coming soon!) Forgive me but I will be jumping on the Dominican bandwagon and I plan on investing on a number of items on sickbay! Hehe I'm so excited!
Hey Lady!! :wave:

Ummm, an inch and a half of newgrowth is pretty darn good. :yep: I hope you have fun with all of your new dominican products!!

BlackCardinal said:
I looked back at what I said for month 6 and discovered that I've almost done everything I said I was going to do :lol: I haven't been exercising, which is something I had planned on. I really need to try harder...I'm just so...lazy :lol:

I am drinking lots more water, though. And instead of buying new vitamins I rounded up the leftovers I had of biotin and skin eternal plus, and have rationed the pills out so that I will be done with them by the time I do my next picture comparison. In the meantime I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to use after that.

I'm really hoping I can get the front of my hair as close to shoulder length as possible by the end of the year, so I'm going to be focusing my attention on making sure I retain length in the front. But my goal for my next progress pic update (in about 2 and a half weeks) is to have retained 1.75 inches over the 2 month period since my last update. *crossing fingers* :D
I am so glad that you have stuck with your plan. Good Luck getting your front to shoulders!! I can't wait to see those progress pics. HHG

mzjones said:
I'm still here. Switch to a natural product regime, no problem there (hair actually love the stuffs). I'm at week 8 and can still do neat buns, which is a first. Tried three times this weekend to do my braids but had much problems (I just wasn't feeling it, dunno why). I don't know how I'm going to stretch to 14/23 weeks. I've never gone more than 8 weeks without getting my hair braided or cornrows. Don't want to go to a professional because I'm afraid of losing my hairline again. But it's all good, I'm trying to not focus on my hair so much anymore, it's starting to drive me crazy. :lol:
Wow!! Good Luck on stretching. I know you can do it!

Growingitlong said:
Progress has been very slow but I am hanging in there. I am currently in brraids (cornrows). I promised myself to do braids until December. I am trying a six month stretch.
It's nothing wrong with slow and steady. Good luck with the six month stretch!!

bocagirl said:
Hi everyone

DSD, I hope you'll find a method to help with getting your ends healthy again.

My hair has been doing very well. I'm currently keeping a log of all the products I use and why or why not I like them because I frequently forget, and may end up buying them again. I'm now 6 weeks post relaxer and have been using Sulphur 8 for the last 2 weeks and it has made my new growth very soft and my itching (from eczema) has reduced to almost none.

I have also found shea butter to be a wonderful moisturiser so I'm thinking of getting some from nasabb if they are open. My ends look great whenver I rollerset so I'm doing that weekly even though I'm terrible at it, then I'll flat iron the roots. Hopefully all will continue to go well for the rest of the year.
Thanks! I am working on that right now!! :kiss:

It sounds like your hair is doing great!! Keep up the good work. ;)

angellazette said:
checking in...

I'm still without a relaxer, over 6 months post. I hope to have decided within this month whether or not I"ll relax or officially transition. Currently using a sulfur oil mixture, my MTG alternative. I started almost a month ago so I plan to post one month comparison shots real soon. I have some products I want to get first before I take the photos though. Ummm, did a trim last month and it looks like my hair grew back from the March cut.
Wow! A six month stretch. That's great. I am glad that your hair grew back from the March cut, now you are on to the next goal!! HHG

MonaLisa said:
Checking in:wave:....
caving in to the creamy crack Phyto hit on Saturday at 15 weeks....

I won't have a true idea of my progress from April until then.
I'm scurred to say it....I think it grew a lil.

DSD, I will be calling on your trained eye in a week or two for feedback.

I know that I have to stop worrying about making armpit by the end of the year (although I want to...:ohwell: ) and focus on my hair being healthy and my ends being correct.
Girl, you know that you will be making armpit. Last time I looked you were only a couple of inches away! Maybe the hairfairy will hook you up with another of those side by side shots!! ;)

monister said:
checking in... on schedule... havent taken pics in a while been too busy with work... started taking the vitatress vitamins today will update later...

monister
OK, great!

MissDiva said:
I haven't check in a forever, but my hair is doing really well. It's growing really quickly, I haven't staightened it in forever but it looks like I'll be reaching my goal and maybe bypassing brastrap by December 31. I have been wearing half wigs as my protective style and keeping it moisturized.
Yay!! I am so happy to hear all this good news.

19sweetie said:
I'm not going to make it to brastrap, but my hair is getting back on track after I was set back not too long ago. I haven't been as consistent as I would have liked with my vitamins, but I have been using my growth products (Frenchee's, Glover's, Lenzi's Request) more often. My hair is currently in a sewn-in weave right now and I plan on getting it redone when school starts again. If my hair gets a couple inches past my shoulders, I will be happy at the end of December.
Boy do I know about setbacks. Just keep pampering your hair and it will be back to normal soon. Good Luck with your shoulder length goal!!

Chicoro said:

Chicoro
Wow! I can only imagine how beautiful your hair is. I can't wait until Dec to see the pics. If I were you I would probably be whipping fo sho. :grin: Make sure to now trim too much length in Dec. and keep up the good work!!

Nita_h said:
I have been natural for about 2 years. I going to try a relaxer soon.

:confused: Is the Phytorelaxer really worth $60?
Has anyone tried the organic root stimulation relaxer?
Make sure you are 100% sure about relaxing.

The phyto relaxer, IMO, is superior to any other relaxer I have ever used. It will leave your hair with shine, body and bounce!! Good luck.

Shawnee66 said:
I just recently cut off 2 inches because my ends are thin due to the use of no-lye relaxers. I am also losing my hair because I'm anemic. I've been taking my iron pills, the doctor said my hair will start to grow back within the next 6 months to 1 year. Beside my the shedding my hair is doing really well.
Sorry to hear about the loss of hair. Make sure to do as the doctor says so you can get your body back to normal. Keep taking the pills, the 6-12 months will be here before you know it!! HHG

Miss_Jetsetter said:
Hey everyone!

I apologize that I haven't really been checking in like I should! The update threads seem to come up when I'm out on the road.

Anyway, after a couple of relaxer mishaps, I've had to cut a toal of 2 inches. I was really surprised that my hair grew as much as it did! Although initially i was a lil bummed about having to cut that bit of length, I have no doubts that my hair will now thrive becasue of the lessons that I've learned with my setbacks.

From now on I will: Relax every 16 weeks with Elucence ONLY!!!! Nothing else! If I can't get it then oh well!

I will wash and rollerset my hair weekly. I am purchasing a Pibbs 514 Quik Dry next week. I think It will be a good investment for me since i'm a wash and set groupie. My hair has flourished with doing wet sets!

My new loves are: Silicon Mix Treatment and that darn Seda Anti Humidity leave in with a tid bit of lacio-lacio for the rollerset! My hair loves this!

I will continue to wash with Elucence MB Shampoo. It's gentle and cleansing for my hair.

Also, I've discovered that using Aubrey Organics GPB every 3 weeks has proven to be wonderful for my hair. I believe that this is what rebounded my hairs elasticity after the relaxer disaster.

Last but not least, I've decided to take a hiatus with all the picture taking. I will continue to take pics for the super Grow out challenge, but I wont them public until December. kind of like an end of the year grand finale.

(But don't hold me to it cause some how i know i will have a relapse!)

Happy Growing Ladies!

MissJet
Your plan sounds awesome. Don't worry about not being able to check. I know that we can get really busy sometimes. Girl stick with this plan if this is what your hair loves. HHG

sharee said:
Wow 7 months already!!! I have been transitioning 10 months now, it has been really difficult and I am about ready to give up. I have been making the weirdest progress ever. I am thinking about a 3 to 3 1/2 inch cut. I can't make up my mind if I want to just go for it or do a little at a time. In the meantime, rollersets and braidouts are still the thing for me.

http://public.fotki.com/sharee/super_growth_challenge/
Password: hair
It looks like you are doing a great job transition. You hair looks great and it's been 10 months. Keep up the good work!

Poetess232 said:
I can't believe it's already month 7!

I last relaxed in March, and I'm planning on relaxing again in August or September. I'm doing CO washes 2-3 times per week, and I'm wearing buns almost daily. I'm getting a little bored with my hairstyle, but I'm trying to stay heat free at the moment.

All-in-all, everything is going well.
Sounds Great! HHG

SweetNic_JA said:
Please quit Revlon. I believe it in conjunction with Accutane caused me to thin out a lOT. I'm starting to believe that Revlon was a huge contributor b/c my sister (who wasn't on Accutane) lost a lot of thickness with Revlon Realistic as well. **we both used the LYE regular formula*

Note: I'm not in the super grow out challenge but I just wanted to give everyone else encouragement. I like to sit on the site lines and read your tips! Keep em' coming. In the mean time, I'm just Sewin' while it's growin'
Thanks a lot!! :kiss:

babyblue said:
Still creeping slowly towards my waist. I definitely see an increase in growth and thickness. it looks like i've gained about an inch since my last update. routine is still the same, I either shampoo or wash with conditioner only like 3x a week. I find that my hair does well with minimal products so after i wash all i use is leave in conditioner and if i feel i need it I rub a tiny bit of castor oil on my ends (like the last 2 inches of my hair) and thats it! I love it because it saves me $$ in the long run and its nice to know i dont need to load my hair up in products to make it look nice.
You hair looks great! Keep up the good work. :yep:

hottopic said:
I am checking in.....

What am I doing....

The first 2-3 weeks after a perm: I only wash once a week.
on weeks 4-8/9: I wash at least 2-3 times a week. Each time conditioned wash (EVVO and VO5 Protein conditioner mixed togeter)
Week 9-12: I start to go a little crazy with my new growth so I am back to a once a week conditioned wash.
-I wash my hair in 6 sections when I hit week 7 or 8.
- I use Wild Hair Growth, it keeps my hair soft. (I stopped using MTG.I had alot to tangling when I used it.)
-After I wash I use S-CURL on my new growths alone
- 2-3 weks post perm I wear protective styles (buns, braids,etc)
- About week 10-until next perm I try not to comb (like the comb could make it through my hair :lol ....It's a hot mess by this point, but I have alot of cute styles I wear in my photo album when I am stretching.....

Last but not least I deep condition once a week.

Progress pictures
Girl, your hair has made wonderful progress. Keep up the good work!!

DatJerseyDyme said:
Checking in. Got a relaxer today after five long months and actually managed to maintain some length. I updated my album with pics after my relaxer and trim (too bad the humidity got to it before I could take the pics..sorry :( )

Regimine will be something like:

Pretreat with coconut oil, evoo, honey, humectress warmed and on dry hair for 30-60 minutes without heat
Poo with therappe
Con with humectress/keraphix
Headress (rusk, humectress) and rollerset
Great! I love to hear stories of progress. HHG

hopeful said:
I know I'm late! Hi DSD:wave:

I'm doing good. I texturized my hair in July and it is thriving. Seems to be the perfect balance (for me) between relaxed and natural. Glad you're keeping such a positive attitude despite some of your setbacks. Your hair is beautiful. Thanks for keeping this challenge going!:)
Thanks Lady! :kiss: :wave:

I am glad to hear that you have found your balance. Good Luck!!

Mariaat40 said:
It's been a long time since I've checked in. I think I've made it to brastrap. I'm nine weeks post relaxer but my hair goes beyond the top of brastrap when I stretch it. We'll see after my touch up and dusting. I've been basically leaving my hair alone: not using too much heat, protective styles, etc. And I've relaxed a bit since I've been so close to my goal. Amazing how your goal length can sneak up on you when you're not obsessing about it.
Yay!! You have proven that a watched pot never boils. Congrats!!

SandySea said:
Hi fellow challengers!! I'm back on the hair bandwagon. I am now in braids and plan to remain that way until Christmas or longer. I am currently between 17 and 18 inches. One of my braids slipped off :look: , so I'm cheating and using that piece of hair for measuring. My last perm was the very beginning of May, and that piece of hair has almost 2 inches of new growth. I hope that's the trend for the rest of my hair. I guess I'll make bra strap my ultimate goal, but that may be aiming too high. Good luck ladies!!
Wow! That's a lot of newgrowth. Now, you know good and well that you will make it to brastrap!! HHG

I've slacked off in a lot of areas. But as of now I'm looking to get back on track. I'm going to start back up consistently with my biotin daily, MSM drink more water, eat more healthily, get back on the eggs daily. I'm currently wearing my hair in 2 strand twists and will take these out in October. I think I'm going to stick with the 2 strand twists for about 2 years like the crown and glory lady Robin and see if I can maximise my hair growth potential over the next 24 months.

Hi DSD,

So far so good. I've been maintaining my routine with the exception of the vitamins. Didn't have enough room in the suitcase to bring them. After five weeks without them I can tell the difference. I think my growth rate has slowed down a little. But that's o.k. the breakage is practically non-existant and the shedding is minimal as well even without the MSM. :)

IMGP0462b-vi.jpg

Hi DSD,

So far so good. Trying to maintain my routine although without the vitamins. Didn't have room in the suitcase to bring them. After almost 5 weeks without the vits, I think my growth rate has slowed a bit. But other than that all is well, breakage is practically non-existant and shedding is to minimum, even without the MSM. So I'm still trying to stay on target for bra strap by Christmas. (That's my gift to myself.) :grin: Happy growing all.

IMGP0462b-vi.jpg

Hi All

I haven't checked in for months, but I'm still here. My last perm was March 18, and I put braids in about 5 weeks after that to try to retain what growth I had after a perm mishap. So its been a lil over 3 months with box braids.

Lately, the extreme heat has been challenging for me. I co wash 2x week, and use a spray mixture of surge and hot six oil on my hair twice daily..lately i've been slacking with my vitamins, I will get back on board this week. i use WGO on my new growth when I rebraids loosies. I am not drinking as much water as I could, either. I use MTG twice a week, in spots.
Staying moisturized at this pont is a challenge.

The long areas are still long...the stubborn areas are still stubborn. The biggest chaneg is my hairline, which had some breakage. The length is really catching up. I am careful about not braiding too tightly and I also use biotin creme periodically. I am REALLY getting tired of the braids already, but I am considering keeping them until the end of the year to maximize growth.

LondonDiva said:
I've slacked off in a lot of areas. But as of now I'm looking to get back on track. I'm going to start back up consistently with my biotin daily, MSM drink more water, eat more healthily, get back on the eggs daily. I'm currently wearing my hair in 2 strand twists and will take these out in October. I think I'm going to stick with the 2 strand twists for about 2 years like the crown and glory lady Robin and see if I can maximise my hair growth potential over the next 24 months.
Sounds like a great plan. Good Luck!

Cowgirl said:
Hi DSD,

So far so good. Trying to maintain my routine although without the vitamins. Didn't have room in the suitcase to bring them. After almost 5 weeks without the vits, I think my growth rate has slowed a bit. But other than that all is well, breakage is practically non-existant and shedding is to minimum, even without the MSM. So I'm still trying to stay on target for bra strap by Christmas. (That's my gift to myself.) :grin: Happy growing all.
Wow. It sounds like your hair is doing really well. You grow girl!!

bluwatersoul said:
Hi All

I haven't checked in for months, but I'm still here. My last perm was March 18, and I put braids in about 5 weeks after that to try to retain what growth I had after a perm mishap. So its been a lil over 3 months with box braids.

Lately, the extreme heat has been challenging for me. I co wash 2x week, and use a spray mixture of surge and hot six oil on my hair twice daily..lately i've been slacking with my vitamins, I will get back on board this week. i use WGO on my new growth when I rebraids loosies. I am not drinking as much water as I could, either. I use MTG twice a week, in spots.
Staying moisturized at this pont is a challenge.

The long areas are still long...the stubborn areas are still stubborn. The biggest chaneg is my hairline, which had some breakage. The length is really catching up. I am careful about not braiding too tightly and I also use biotin creme periodically. I am REALLY getting tired of the braids already, but I am considering keeping them until the end of the year to maximize growth.
Yeah, I know the braid thing is hard. With me I really want to see and feel my hair after having it tied up for 2 months. Hang in there though. You will love the rewards you get from being consistent. HHG

Well not too much to update on.....
Ive been wearing a quick weave for about 3 weeks now....its been 4 months since my last relaxer and still going strong...trying to hold out for 6 months...i think i can do it....i plan on getting braids at the end of the month till October when its time to relax....for some reason i dont feel as though my hair has really been growing...i dont know, it could just be me....i havent seen my hair straight for about 2 months now...but it just feels short...lol....ive had a bit of shedding and a little breakage....but i think im doing pretty well...ive been using MTG consistantly for 2 weeks now

I don't know when I checked in last...
I have been consistent with the MTG, and getting some growth and retaining some length....
I am CW's more often, especially around touch up time... and moisture, moisture, moisture....
I knda fell off the wagon on MTG and my vitamin and hair care regimin.. I was on vacation for aover and week and just got wild and crazy... but now I am back to work and back on the band wagon of healthy hair again...
here is my latest progress:

PICT0018.jpg

Still growing and retaining:D

Back