Super Grow Out Challenge **Update Month 6**

chestnutblonde said:
Is it too late to start the challenge? I know it's already July but I will chart my progress from now until the end of the year. Please accept me in this SGO Challenge. For all the ladies that have grown their hair to lenghts they could not have imagined years ago, what do you attribute the grow to? Also, i have a bootleg Fotki album now. Not a lot of pics, but it's a start. Happy growing ladies.
It's never to late to join! Welcome to the SGO Challenge. Just start marking your progress from this month on to December. Good Luck!

I am not retaining length ! I trimmed about an inch all over!!! But the overall health of my hair looks better!! I don't think I will reach my end of the year goal, but I will still reach for it!!

i really dissapointed with my hair right now. it never grows. i have been abstaining from the heat though and i deep condition every week but it is still very dry. but ill keep trying if i dont see results in a year ill be convinced that my hair has reached its maximum length.

angellazette said:
Well let's see...

I am 6 months post relaxer...my regimen is basically the same. Wash, deep condition weekly. Moisturize and seal daily. I've slacked on both of these this past week though! Don't know about the length I've retained, since I'm 6 months post. I do hope to be somewhat surprised when I straighten it successfully though!

dontspeakdefeat said:
You are going to have mega length once you relax again. Wow!!

IF I relax again... ;)

I'm not sure if I was in on this challenge when I joined (or rejoined) the board. But I want to participate. My hair has slow progress. It is growing but my last cut in April cut off a good bit of dry ends. I have just started to massage my scalp and ends at night with WGO -- I plan to keep this up until the end of July. If I do not have at least 1 inch of new growth all around then I will delay my relaxer until I do. My hair seems to grow faster at the crown and back, but not as fast in the temple or toward the front of my head. I am hoping that the nightly massage will help to stimulate some action. I am also trying to rollerset my hair instead of blowdry/flatiron combo. I am pleased with the look of my hair, I guess I just want bra strap now. I know patience is a virtue.

I trimmed in June. My natural hair currently stretches to midback.

I've gotten much better with doing protein treatments. I use Aphogee at least once every other month. I use Aubrey GPB at least 2-3 times monthly. Right now I'm testing out MTG on my tired old ends to see if I notice any improvement. I also massage MTG onto my scalp.

My knotting and tangling issues have subsided somewhat because I'm a little more diligent with braiding or twisting my hair at night.

Surge seems to have cut down on my shedding.

I'm still doing daily conditioner washes;been doing those since 2003! :up:

Current projects: figuring out the best way to use MTG, ordering more aloe vera juice for my scalp, rediscovering rosemary essential oil

I had originally signed up to be in this and I think I was doing well but I got a June setback so my goals have changed. I was going to see if I could reach waist-length/gain 6-8 inches by the end of this year, but my setback has me aiming now to simply regain what I have lost! So I'm kinda starting over at this midway mark- my goal is 2 inches below bra-strap/6 inches! haha! Gotta aim high! All I can say is at least my hair is pretty much even all around now!

Back