Summer Updos--Are You Wearing Any?

Hi Isis....:rolleyes:

I always love french braids...I did that style yesterday and it was nice. I can't wait until my hair is long enough to let the tail hang down though!

Anyways, I'm sure it would look so pretty on you...maybe even with a flower on the side of your hair...you have beautiful hair!

Have you seen Laflaca's french braid in her siggy? Its a loose one and absolutely beautiful!!!

Blessings.

Are you doing any pretty updos this summer? :) I've been braiding (plaits) and pinning my hair up during the hot days. I would really like to do more French Braids though, like in some of these summer updo pics. :scratchch

[URL="http://www.stylelist.com/photogalleries/summer-hair-updos"]http://www.stylelist.com/photogalleries/summer-hair-updos[/URL]

I've been lazy and just putting my hair up in a banana clip...loosely. With a wet curly rollerset, it comes out looking really full and cute. Goody has a tortoise shell banana clip that does not "snap" in....it has kind of a 'swirl around' closure....i'm not so sure how to explain it...it allows the up-do to be looser so as not to break off edges. I hope this makes sense. :drunk:

I've been lazy and just putting my hair up in a banana clip...loosely. With a wet curly rollerset, it comes out looking really full and cute. Goody has a tortoise shell banana clip that does not "snap" in....it has kind of a 'swirl around' closure....i'm not so sure how to explain it...it allows the up-do to be looser so as not to break off edges. I hope this makes sense. :drunk:

I want to try creating a updo with a banana clip. Where did youget yours?

I have given up using hair elastics, so my updo is usually a french braid with a side swept bang or a french roll with a side swept bang. I would like to be more creative but my focus is keeping my hair as healthy and utilizing the least damaging styles.

I wear lots of updo's ... mostly braidout up do's. I have tons and tons of pretty hair accesories, so it makes updo's fun :grin:

I do just a basic pin up and I recently added doing one french braid to the back (pics are in my album). I started out wearing the french braid a month ago with a side swoop bang. But decided to try it without the bang, since the front of my hair grows the slowest. However, I like the bang better since I have a big forehead.:grin:

Are you doing any pretty updos this summer? :) I've been braiding (plaits) and pinning my hair up during the hot days. I would really like to do more French Braids though, like in some of these summer updo pics. :scratchch

Funny to see this thread. My hair got so HOT this weekend, I just pulled it up on my head and put 3 giant bobbypins in it. I wore it to work and got rave reviews. I'm like "WHAT????" It took all of 30 seconds and I didn't care how it looked. People were like "Where did you get your hair done?" You know you're lying, you didn't do that yourself. "Gurl, you must be going out after work"

I really didn't think it was cute but I didn't care. Sometimes, I put a lot of effort to style my hair and no one even notices but when I don't care and just go for something comfortable I get rave reviews.

Hi Isis....:rolleyes:

I always love french braids...I did that style yesterday and it was nice. I can't wait until my hair is long enough to let the tail hang down though!

Anyways, I'm sure it would look so pretty on you...maybe even with a flower on the side of your hair...you have beautiful hair!

Have you seen Laflaca's french braid in her siggy? Its a loose one and absolutely beautiful!!!

Blessings.

Thank you Nice & Wavy for the compliment! Even with other lengths, the tail can be tucked under, like the style on page 3 of 11 in this link. I like tucking mine under too. :)
http://www.stylelist.com/photogalleries/summer-hair-updos
And yes, I too love La Flaca's french braid!! :yep:

Funny to see this thread. My hair got so HOT this weekend, I just pulled it up on my head and put 3 giant bobbypins in it. I wore it to work and got rave reviews. I'm like "WHAT????" It took all of 30 seconds and I didn't care how it looked. People were like "Where did you get your hair done?" You know you're lying, you didn't do that yourself. "Gurl, you must be going out after work"

I really didn't think it was cute but I didn't care. Sometimes, I put a lot of effort to style my hair and no one even notices but when I don't care and just go for something comfortable I get rave reviews.
Don't you just love it when that happens?!! It happens to me when I do my hair in a hurry without any time to primp in the mirror or anything! :lol: That's when I get all kinds of compliments!

I love what you did though, I'm sure your hair was beautiful. :yep:
On page 7 of this link, she also does a quick updo which I may try...
http://www.stylelist.com/photogalleries/summer-hair-updos

Back