summer hair help!!!!!

stormy07

hi ladies!! :wave: ok I need help... it's summer time and my hair is being retarded again... :wallbash: right now my hair is not feeling the butters and oils are too light.... leaving conditioner in my hair doesn't work either it just makes my hair either chrunchy or REALLY poofy depending on which one I use.... Does anyone have ANY suggestions on something that is sorta heavy like a butter but lighter than a butter and that's uber moisturizing? I think creams are too light also.... thick creams are too heavy (like amla and olive from qhemet) any suggestions are welcome TIA :grin::grin::grin::grin:

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. Argan oil. If you can't find anything maybe you could DC twice a week or maybe apply your moisturizer of choice twice a day.

Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1. Argan oil. If you can't find anything maybe you could DC twice a week or maybe apply your moisturizer of choice twice a day.

since it's summer take advantage of the humidity. use anything with glycerin. i actually mix pure glycerin with a little Vatika oil. My curlies pop and my hair feel so moisturized it's sort of damp but not really.

since it's summer take advantage of the humidity. use anything with glycerin. i actually mix pure glycerin with a little Vatika oil. My curlies pop and my hair feel so moisturized it's sort of damp but not really.
Ditto. I came in here to suggest the same thing. As long as your region has sufficient humidity in the air (and isn't a really dry climate), then summer is a great time to add more glycerin to your routine.

You can use products that have glycerin as well as make your own glycerin mixture. I have a water bottle that I've added glycerin to and use that to mist my hair and help refresh it in between shampoos.

Edit:
Forgot to say why I recommend glycerin. Glycerin acts as a humectant and if humidity it draws water from the atmosphere to your hair (help keeping it moist). But in dry weather (or in the winter) it has the opposite effect of drawing the moisture from your hair.

Last edited:
I always see this Glycerin suggestion but where do you get it? Do you have to buy it online? I tried to buy this once but I bought capsules from the pharmacy and I don't think that's what you ladies mean.

I always see this Glycerin suggestion but where do you get it? Do you have to buy it online? I tried to buy this once but I bought capsules from the pharmacy and I don't think that's what you ladies mean.
I purchased mine from a local natural grocery store. It came in a bottle and was in the same area that the natural oils were.

I purchased mine from a local natural grocery store. It came in a bottle and was in the same area that the natural oils were.
Thanks! :) Is this stuff a liquid? I'm going to look for it on sunday while I search for AO GPB. I hope I can find it a whole foods for a decent prince:ohwell:

thanks ladies for the suggestions...yes it is definitely humid enough here....but won't using glycerin as a humectant make my hair poofy the second the humidity hits it?

Thanks! :) Is this stuff a liquid? I'm going to look for it on sunday while I search for AO GPB. I hope I can find it a whole foods for a decent prince:ohwell:

Yes, it's a liquid (with the consistency of an oil). :)

thanks ladies for the suggestions...yes it is definitely humid enough here....but won't using glycerin as a humectant make my hair poofy the second the humidity hits it?

Well, I don't usually wear my hair in straight styles, so I don't really know if it makes straight hair poofy. But for my curls I don't find that my hair seems frizzier or anything. But everyone's hair is a bit different, so it's possible.

Back