Your 3-5 Summer Hair "Must-Haves"

1. Water
2. Coconut oil
3.Vegetable glycerin

To fight heat and UV rays - both products worked wonders as I road-tripped it through Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and finally to California.

4. Ouidad Sun Shield Sun & Sport Leave-In Spray
5. Bed Head Some Like It Hot Conditioner

For the hot summer climate and numerous outdoor activities, I must have:

1. Cheapie cowash conditioners
2. Bobby Pins
3. Phony Ponies
4. ORS Edge Control
5. Flexi Rods

In the summer, I can get away with almost ANY product. I definitely couldn't do this during the colder months. I basically use the summer to use up products that I have laying around, the ones that were "just ok" or "alright."

If I had to choose ...

1. Water
2. Shampoo (any kind, for build up)
3. Knee highs/Head bands

1) aloe juice in a spray bottle (= whatever I do to my hair)
2) thick creamy conditioner (= leave in, co wash, moisturiser, deep conditioner)
3) oil/butter mix (= sealing daily, stretched braidouts, sun protection)
4) shower caps (to baggy for a couple of hours when dry, or overnight)
5) elastic bands (I co-wash or add moisture and then bun a lot in the summer)

Elucence MB - cowash with it 3 times a week, also a leave in
Lots of Honey - in DC
Flaxseed Gel - for wash n gos
coconut oil - fav summer oil

Another summer must have for me are claw clips or holders of some kind...you feel fancy when you go out with your hair down but then when you feel that heat :nono: you need an escape route:grin:
Nix08, Sally's croc clips are nice clips. I use them all the time. No snagging, breaking or tugging at the hair.

I agree on Sally's Croc Clips, those were the ones I had access to when everyone was buying the FHI ones. I love them and haven't bought new clips since.

1.Ouchless hair bands
2.Grapeseed oil (its sooo light)
3.Honey
4.Doughnut bun
5. Lots and lots of conditioner Suave Almond

Right now it's looking like a pair of sharp hair sheers will be my summer must have..if my hair don't start acting like it has some got damn sense. lol

Back