Summer Grow-Out Check in: May 15th 2004

...so far so good!
smile.gif

*checking in*

I got a touch-up last week and my wet hair was well past my shoulders in the back.
shocked.gif
Problem is, I got a trim.
laugh.gif
But, it's still past the shoulders in the back when wet, but it's about an inch shorter. When my hair is dry in the back, it's at the very base of my neck when straightened. The sides of course are shorter, but I'm not including them in the challenge.
laugh.gif

I washed my hair Friday and had a lot of hair come out.
ohwell.gif
At first, I thought that was because my bleached hair was permed (which probably still is the culprit
laugh.gif
) but a week prior to relaxing, I had been in a weave for 4 weeks, so I'm cool. It's not looking thin yet, so I'm just wearing it curly all week to prevent manipulation.
smile.gif

I'm good to go. Carry on.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Reginia said:
What's a NTM Hair Mask?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neutrogena Triple Moisture (NTM for short) Hair Mask, a deep conditioner. I reviewed it in a previous thread. If you click my name you can read my previous posts.
smile.gif

My last relaxer was February 26, 2004 and I have about 1-1/2 inches of new growth. I have a lot of new growth on my temples (due to the Frenchee's ) and will have to get my weave re-done soon.

I just got a retouch and a trim yesterday. The trim sent me back about 1/2 in., however, I also went to a new stylist so I think she added a couple more layers (or tapered since it's short) in the back in order to "understand" the definition of the hair cut. I actually like it, so there's no complaints. The good news is, the bottom layer is only 1 in. away from hitting the top of my neck. Hopefully by my next retouch the shaved look in the back will have totally grown out.

I don't know how many inches my hair is because I don't measure. But last month I straightened just the back of my hair and it reaches my bra strap. My hair is uneven, so some strands reach my bra strap, some are 1/4 past my bra strap, and other strands have an inch to go in order to reach bra strap. I also have to get a trim next month. Compared to the pictures I've taken during the past few years, my hair has grown at its usual pace. My goal is for my hair to reach my elbows by the end of August.

i got a touch up on 4/30, i dont know about my growth since then because im trying not to focus on length but on the health of my hair and with that i will continue to retain length

going for 3 inches over the summer though

I'm 10 weeks post-relaxer, I've gained at least 1 1/2". It's hard to tell b/c my textures are similar & I'm not straightening. I've been averaging 3/4" per month. I stopped Surging... but I'm itching to buy Viviscal too, b/c it works for me. I've increased my protein intake and gotten myself back in the gym, hopefully it helps
smile.gif

My goal is +4", so I'm on my way.... almost halfway there!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
melodee said:
I don't think I joined this challenge, but I'd like to. I need some encouragement.

[/ QUOTE ]
Come join us and lets grow together.
smile.gif

We all need encouragement.
laugh.gif

Back