Summer 2010 Growth Challenge

LADIES THOSE REGGIES SOUND GOOD!

:dance7:

IF YOU NEED A TRIM REMEMBER TO GET ALL NECESSARY TRIMS AND DUSTING DONE BEFORE THE CHALLENGE STARTS. I JUST BOUGHT A BLOW DRYER SO I CAN BLOW OUT MY FRO AND DO A GOOD DUSTING AND SEARCH AND DESTROY FOR SINGLE STRAND KNOTS. AFTER THAT TRIM NEXT WEEK, I'M GOING SCISSOR FREE UNTIL SEPTEMBER.

I've been cowashing almost every day but I want to find a moisturizing DC. Also, I'll make a MN mix/Sulfur mix this weekend. I hope I can get good growth by the end of the summer.

WHAT IS BAGGING!???! :perplexed
There is two ways to baggy, whole head or just your ends, you will need a little moisturizer(i like to use a water based moisturizer and an oil of your choice to seal) your hair, then you will apply a shower cap to your whole head and tie it down with a satin scarf or you can apply it to your ends while in a pony tail. I prefer to whole head baggy since I am always in cornrows, some people baggy 3 times a week or less, I baggy 5-7 days a week. I hope this helps for your question, I'm sure others will chime in.

There is two ways to baggy, whole head or just your ends, you will need a little moisturizer(i like to use a water based moisturizer and an oil of your choice to seal) your hair, then you will apply a shower cap to your whole head and tie it down with a satin scarf or you can apply it to your ends while in a pony tail. I prefer to whole head baggy since I am always in cornrows, some people baggy 3 times a week or less, I baggy 5-7 days a week. I hope this helps for your question, I'm sure others will chime in.
thanks, so how long roughly do you leave the shower cap on for?
over night? (sorry just getting used to all this hair care! we British are farrr behind!)

thanks, so how long roughly do you leave the shower cap on for?
over night? (sorry just getting used to all this hair care! we British are farrr behind!)
i leave it on overnight if I remember or I leave it on 5-8 hours throughout the day depending on my schedule, and it is okay, I learn new things everytime I come on here!

Here's my beginning picture taken May 7, 2010 after a really good trim :yep:

050712-vi.jpg

Rules
1. Post a starting picture by the last week of May. If you're getting a sew in or braids please post a pic before then.
2. State number of inches and body measurement mark of your longest layer of hair. So if the hair along your nape is 10" and reaches APL state so.
3. Mention your Regimen. This includes wash routines, staple products, vitamins and how you plan to wear your hair during the summer. I'm not placing restrictions. If you want to flat iron your hair everyday and change the color every week that's on you. However, don't feel bad if others are two inches longer and you're two inches shorter. :lachen:
4. Also, mention if you're relaxed or natural. I don't think hair type is important but you can mention it if you want to.
5. Lastly, if you come to any hair epiphanies over the summer, please do share.

1. It's early but, my starting pic is in my siggy.
2. I'm BSL @ 20" from crown.
3. Daily Cowash [Mill Creek Biotin Conditioner, NTM Daily Deep], Light protein treatment [aphogee 2 minute reconstructor] followed by deep conditioning [NTM Recovery Hair Mask] weekly. Leave-ins/seal [NTM silk touch leave in, oil mix (wheat germ/olive/coconut), Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter). Bunning/wet bun & baggy ps. Supplements (GNC Ultra Nourish, MSM, Biotin, Fish oil, garlic, horsetail & vitamin C)
4. Relaxed/texlaxed (2nd texlax today)
5. ok

Ok so I just wanted to share some thing I did recently, I bought the cantu shea butter repair cream, and it was a bit drying, and thought to mix it with some products from home, I didn't want to waste it.:ohwell: well i mixed it with some ors replenishing conditioner, ors hair mayo, suave naturals coconut conditioner and some proclaim natural 7 oil..:lick: I know it seems like alot but I am a pj and i love mixing things and I find that sometimes it enhances the product tremendously. I deep conditioned for two hours(I love to deep condition) and oh my, what a mix, there was no build up, great slippage, hair is so moisturized(but not oily), and hair feels stronger and no hair came out during distribution!!!:grin:I'm going to stick with this!!! Just thought I share ...:lachen:

Wow this challenge is great!! I love the time rame too!! I have some new products :lick: that I have just ordered and would love to incorporate them in this challenge!! With that said
ME ME ADD ME!!!

I will take a starting pic when I trim my ends :cry:
and post my regi when all of the products are here and I can start.

HHG ladies

Last edited:
I don't think my name has been added yet, but I will add this anyway! My starting pic is in my avi but just in case I decide to change it, I've attached it anyway. This was taken on May 8, 2010.

2. My hair is about 11.5" from the crown, which is 1.5" from my APL (which is 13" but I may be wrong since it looks like APL is really about 12.5" on me based on the picture but I will just go with 13" - I am only 4'10 btw), so I am in between SL and APL. I hope to claim APL by August, at which point I will probably trim my hair into a very even cut, but want to see how much growth I can get this summer.
3. I have a different regimen planned each month, since I am using the summer to experiment since I will have graduated and won't start grad school until the fall and have lots of time to focus on hair. So here goes:
June - BBB Month (Buns, Baggying, and Bee Mine)

• Sundays: Pre-poo with Whipped Honey-Coconut Oil-Olive Oil Mix, wash with Bee Mine Ayurvedic Poo Bar, DC with Bee Mine Avocado Cream Conditioner. Apply leave-in conditioner. Allow to air dry about 85%.
  • Wednesdays: Co-wash with Bee Mine Avocado Cream Conditioner. Apply leave-in conditioner. Allow to air dry about 85%.
  • Daily: Apply Bee Mine No-Sulfur Mango serum to scalp, moisturize hair with Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream, seal with coconut oil and cover with plastic cap and bonnet. In the morning I will wake up and bun.
    • On Thursday and Friday nights, I will do the same thing except I won't be baggying, and will instead moisturize, apply Bee Hold Curly Butter, put my hair in 2 or 4 buns and apply my satin bonnet and wear a bun-out the next day so I can wear my hair out on the weekend in case I want to go out and will not want to wear a bun.
I will have a different regimen in July when I install a sew-in, and in August when I will start wearing half-wigs. I will just update my regimen at the end of each month for the sake of space.
4. I am transitioning, and my new growth from what I can tell from some of the relaxed ends I've cut off is 3c/4a, although I am not really sure. When I asked, I got more 3c responses, but who knows until I chop? :)
**Sorry for the long post**

Attachments

• May 8.jpg
    May 8.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Ok so I just wanted to share some thing I did recently, I bought the cantu shea butter repair cream, and it was a bit drying, and thought to mix it with some products from home, I didn't want to waste it.:ohwell: well i mixed it with some ors replenishing conditioner, ors hair mayo, suave naturals coconut conditioner and some proclaim natural 7 oil..:lick: I know it seems like alot but I am a pj and i love mixing things and I find that sometimes it enhances the product tremendously. I deep conditioned for two hours(I love to deep condition) and oh my, what a mix, there was no build up, great slippage, hair is so moisturized(but not oily), and hair feels stronger and no hair came out during distribution!!!:grin:I'm going to stick with this!!! Just thought I share ...:lachen:

I admire your mixing skills. yeah i need to get into mixed. i just use some mane and tail, ors replenishing condish and amla oil. i don't mix them together mind you. i add each separated. i think just mixing them would make my prepoo easier.

^^^ now THAT is a detailed reggie !! sounds good :yep:

I'll TRY to take that as a compliment... :lachen:
I have found that if I am not very organized and strategical (or OCD), I will fall off a regimen like no one's business. I have the rest of my transition planned out like this as well. Gotta do what works so I won't slack! I want those 8 inches when I chop!!!! Lol.

loving the cowashing! - and the deep conditioning!...casteroil leaves my hair feeling silking, hair feels so smooth!...... had my trim :( pics will be up soon **a bit tied up sorry**

Finally I can add my stuff lol

Today, May 11, 2010:
1qqpv5.jpg

as for my current regimen:
- wash when i get around to it/feel build up with ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
- DC with Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner mixed w/ coconut oil
- detangle at least once a week
- cowash as much as possible (mostly daily) with Tresemme Naturals Moisture Conditioner (also my leave-in)
- apply styler over leave-in: John Frieda Straight Fixation Creme
- seal with Virgin Coconut Oil
- i either braid it in 2 braids overnight and put it in a ponytail or bun in the morning, or do the entire process in the morning and rock a wash 'n go (i stretch the hair in 4 twists as long as possible before I have to head out)

**i try not to measure my hair so i don't know the exacts. i'll try to check when i cowash tomorrow.

oh and i'm natural lol

Back