SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

Am in!!

Starting Length: Shoulder length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: Full APL (Hopefully grazing BSL)
Regimen: Shampoo once a week, DC once or twice a week, rollersetting/wrapping, protein reconstructor once a month, protective styling
Method of Sulfur Application: Just ordered a bottle of Bee Mine serum
Other Growth Aids: Taking Holland and Barrett Mega Vitamins for Hair
Starting Pic (optional):

Attachments

• photo(13).JPG
    photo(13).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 38
I'm getting my 2012 regime together but have a couple of questions :nuts:

Should we wash the sulfur mixture out the following day and if not, how long should it stay on the scalp? Also, how many times a week are you applying?

I'm getting my 2012 regime together but have a couple of questions :nuts:

Should we wash the sulfur mixture out the following day and if not, how long should it stay on the scalp? Also, how many times a week are you applying?

ReignLocks It depends on your daily styling choices and the time you have. I only wash every 2 weeks or so in the winter if I'm wearing a protective style; more often if my hair is loose.

I apply my sulfur oil or pomade 3-4x a week. No smell or build up for me.

I'm in! I've extended my length goal and have some serious growing to do. I'll post my starting details before the start.

Starting Length: NL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: At least below SL
Regimen: CWC once per week; blow dry, flat iron,protective styling.
Method of Sulfur Application: MTG (applied at least 3 times per week), MSM tablets (1-3 times a week).
Other Growth Aids: Biotin (1-3 days a week), multi-vitamin (daily), castor oil (1-3 days a week).

I want to join!!

Starting Length: Slightly past APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: Between BSL & MBL
Regimen: Still working on it, but mostly PS w/ buns, twists, and Wigs//rinse or cowash 2-3x/wk//No poo when needed//HOT biweekly//DC overnight weekly//oil scalp 1-2x/wk
Method of Sulfur Application: MSM capsules (currently taking 2,000mg/day but considering increasing to 4,000 mg soon)// Use sulfur pomade every other night
Other Growth Aids: Garlic tablets to combat shedding
Starting Pic (optional): Will post in December after my next flat iron session.​

Here's my starting pics

Attachments

• 0ec2fc58.jpg
    0ec2fc58.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 992db705.jpg
    992db705.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 26
I've been MIA, but I have been using my oil mix 2-3 times per week as well as taking MSM daily (twice a day - today I'm going to start taking it three times a day. I have 1000mg). I havent been washing my scalp (I'm in a sew-in), but I haven't had any buildup or irritation. I use the Sublime powder with tea tree oil, peppermint oil, rosemary oil, and lavender oil.

We'll see what type of progress I've had when I get my hair redone mid-January.

Starting Length: Shoulder Length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: Full Brastrap
Regimen: 1X per week Wash, Aphogee 2 minute, Deep Condition under steamer for 45 minutes.
Method of Sulfur Application: Sulfur, JBCO, EVOO,Peppermint Oil Mix
Other Growth Aids: Nioxin Supplement
Starting Pic (optional):

Last edited:
Starting Length:below ear length
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012:SL
Regimen: wash weekely, rollerset weekely massage weekely
Method of Sulfur Application: every night mtg
Other Growth Aids:
multi vitamin daily

I'm in!

Starting Length: NL - SL (layers)
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: SL - APL
Regimen: Shampoo and condition / DC once per week. Protective style mostly by keeping hair in twists and will pin and tuck my ends. I will moisturize and seal with castor oil at least 3 times per week. Will concentrate the application of sulfur and castor oil on front of hairline and my edges.
Method of Sulfur Application: Bee Mine Mango Serum with sulfur applied at least 3 times per week. I will also use a homemade sulfur mix (assorted oils plus sulfur powder)
Other Growth Aids: none

Photo%252520on%2525202011-12-02%252520at%25252011.14%252520%2525232.jpg

Count me in.

Starting Length: Almost APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: BSL
Regimen:Wash once a week, DC, airdry with leavin and serum, moisure and seal ends every night, bun
Method of Sulfur Application: Every other night
Other Growth Aids: None
Starting Pic (optional):

LengthcheckDec2012-2.jpg

Im super excited about this challenge I will be using my my sublime mixture. Applying it every other day protecting my ends. Well rollersetting keeping my ends hydrated. Im super excited. Im aiming for WSL in 2012. Im recovering from a major set back. A full year of recovery Ive made good progress a lot of damaged areas that have grown out so now Im on to length now that my thickness is coming back...

looking at my avator that was 1 year and some months ago new hair color, to light and then the breakage...Im trying to get back there and beyond :grin:

Happy Hair Growing ladies

Last edited:
Starting Length: NL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: APL
Regimen: Weekly Shampoo & Deep Condish (ACV rinse first, Shampoo, Protein Reconstructer, Baking soda rinse, Deep Condish) Cowash 3X a week, Leave ins, seal w/good carrier oil, baggy, protective styling. Vitamins, exercise, drink water.
Method of Sulfur Application: MTG+peppermint oil, Sublimed Sulfur Mix, Boundless Tresses alternate all. After applied I always baggy.
Other Growth Aids: MN mixture sometimes. Biotin, Nixon Recharging pills and other vitamins

Starting Pics:

s20122-Copy.jpg

S2012-Copy.jpg

I would like to join. I have to order some more sulfur and I think I would like to try the jbco. I will use MSM as well. I generally wear sew ins. I am in a long transition, rarely use heat, will deep condition with each weave take down. My personal challenge for the year is to not wear it out at least til June and the I will set another personal goal. I am currently at APL.

Happy New Year's Ladies!

Been slacking for the last week since on vacation but back on my regi. Oil mix every night n msm daily n my vitamins.
2012 here I come! Wishing n praying for everyone's success this year.

Sent from my AT100 using AT100

hey ladies just checking in....
im currently in a sew-in(attempt #3 at a self install :yay: not the best but better than my first attempt)

i just got thru oiling my scalp with my sulfur castor oil mix
ill probably oil twice a week and then do the pre-poo every sunday before i wash i dont want my hair to get too producty since i cant cowash like i used to i just moved to japan and i went from cowashing everyday(i was in fl) to washing once maybe twice a week
ill be leaving this install in till hopefully the end of jan... when i do take it out ill post an update pic

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!
and
HAPPY HAIR YEARS!!

Starting Length: SL.

Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: APL

Regimen: Wash weekly until week 6 post relaxer then ADD a co-wash weekly until 8-12, at this point I will mostly only do CW's. Rotate light Protein & Moisture weekly under hooded dryer, heavy protein 1 wk prior to relaxer at 12 weeks. apply prepoo, ACV rinses and/or Roux Porosity Control Conditioner and PM Super Skinny Daily Treatment. Moisturize with QB AOHC in the colder months and QB BRBC in the warmer months then seal with an oil; Coconut, BJCO, Grape seed, sweet almond or jojoba, or avocado oils. Dusting my ends every 12 weeks and wearing a SLB (Single Little Bun), LOL.

Method of Sulfur Application: I've been using NOW brand MSM capsules for over six months now and just ordered Bee Mine Sulfur for topical usage.

Other Growth Aids: JBCO to oil edges and bi-weekly scalp massages. I take Biotin, multi-vitamin and Nioxin Super charge daily complex twice daily.

Starting Pic (optional): In the first photo my hair is curled and the second photo was taken the following morning wrapped.

Last edited:
ok dumb question is msm poweder the same as sulfer powder? im so confused, and what are the actual label names of the sulfer products that you guys are using? thanks

It seems like everybody and their mother is on this sulfur bandwagon, literally lol. I can't resist it anymore so I'm joining the challenge to make it official. I've never used any sulfur products so I'm excited to see the results!

HHG Ladies!

Back