SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

Oh, that sounds like a good mix. Does the castor oil keep it from dripping all over the place?

i keep it in a cool place so it is solid until i rub it in. The coconut oil keeps it together and prevents the sulfur from settling. I JUST added castor to the mix since i BC'd

I am in braids but I want to use my sulfur powder. Anyone have any recommendations on oil I can use to mix it and apply it like oil?

diadall I recommend 50% castor oil, and 50% grape seed or hemp seed oil. :D I like the combo of the thick and thinner oils for sulfur suspension and easy application.

I have Claudie's Hair Elixir and am using it on my Senegalese twists.

I am using the Creme Brulee scent which did smell great at first, but the sweet smell has dissipated and it now has the burning odor of sulfur. I tried to ignore it but a coworker today in the office suddenly smelled something burning and I knew it was my hair oil.

I will continue to use it, since I am only in the office a few times per month, but I now need to make sure I wash my hair the night before any work meetings.

I quit using my sulfur mix because of the smell (I don't want to turn DH off ;-)) and my NG was getting waaay too thick to manipulate every other day. I'm going to practice ChasingBliss sulfur regimen; apply sulfur mix when dh is away and cw the next morning. I'll be 15 wks post next week and getting my relaxer (4/13) so I guess i'll start applying my mix around 4/20. ChasingBliss, yes that's it...it does smell like matchsticks!! I've managed to take my MSM supplements daily but these pills are huge and I can't wait to be done with them.

Oiled my scalp with Sulu Max Grow. It stinks so I put some Skala conditioner over it (down in my NG). Its not helping. Oh well, its getting washed out in the morning anyway.

I quit using my sulfur mix because of the smell (I don't want to turn DH off ;-)) and my NG was getting waaay too thick to manipulate every other day. I'm going to practice @ChasingBliss sulfur regimen; apply sulfur mix when dh is away and cw the next morning. I'll be 15 wks post next week and getting my relaxer (4/13) so I guess i'll start applying my mix around 4/20. @ChasingBliss, yes that's it...it does smell like matchsticks!! I've managed to take my MSM supplements daily but these pills are huge and I can't wait to be done with them.

Yes, I cannot imagine letting it sit in my hair all day. And I really love co washing in the mornings.
Have you tried the MSM powder? I take a heaping teaspoon full with 1/2 cup of water or juice every morning.

Did my mix only twice this week but ghed all week so I'm good. Making good progress. I'm happy.

Tomorrow, I will start seeping my herbs into my next oil batch. My current bottle is really low.

I finally got around to this six days later. :lol:

I am seeping:

• Horsetail
  • Burdock root
  • Coltsfoot
  • Oat straw
  • Dandelion root
  • Peppermint
  • A fresh garlic clove

Into 5oz of castor oil. By the time I finish seeping, there will be 4oz of 'sludgey' castor oil left, which I will mix with hempseed oil, sulfur, and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper (a la Hair Trigger). :spinning: It sound like a lot, but it's really not!

bajandoc86 LOL I hope my hair likes it. I've been playing with my sulfur recipe since last summer and I try to tweak it based on other people's progress reports and the sulfur mixes they are purchasing.

NappyNelle, I am experimenting with different recipes too. My herbal scalp oil is diminishing, as well as my coconut oil (infused with cinnamon). I think I will try out that recipe you have there.....my initial sulfur mix was too thin and runny, so I halved it and added castor oil :lick:

I am thinking my next infusions will be a homemade amla oil(amla infused in coconut oil), another scalp oil (with yet to be decided ingredients) and modified version of your recipe (only cause I don't have all the goodies you have listed) :yep:

bajandoc86 I wish I had some amla! I would use it all the time to keep my hair dark. I keep seeing brand new silvers and greys and I'm too young for it. Can I hit 25 before I turn silver?! Goodness gracious!

NappyNelle....chile, I been graying from I was like 19. Le sigh. And they are just becoming more abundant. I am about to start the modified version of that infusion you talked about.

Just did a nice long massage with my sulfur oil mix.

Does anyone else using an applicator bottle have trouble getting product through the nozzle?

I think I was adding my sulfur too often. My scalp was getting really dry so I backed off to once a week. I added some Bee Mine Mango serum to my crown and some pomade to my edges.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I have been applying Hair Trigger w/ heaping tsp of sulfur to my scalp at night daily except when I am going to cowash or DC. I will straighten my hair for the first time in a while next Friday so I'll see if I notice any crazy growth, or any noticeable growth at all.

I'll restart my sulfur mixes/massages next week at 1 week post. I stopped weeks ago because my ng was getting to dense and i'd get tangles and besides I have a new method; apply/massage at night and cw the following morning. I'm going to use a special pillow just for the days I apply my sulfur mix, the smell even with peppermint oil is not sexy at all in the bedroom. I'm still popping my msm pills twice daily like clockwork.

Fh home this week, so no sulfur treatment until next Monday. It's cool. Still keeping up with every other practice so I dont feel like I'm losing out too much.

Just did a massage with my oil mix.

For my next batch I'm thinking I'll whip it into mango butter so I can grease my scalp with it like ol' school Sulfur 8 (:lol:) and avoid the applicator clogging issues and mess.

Back