SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

Still applying nightly and taking MSM. Starting to feel a bit self-conscious about the smell, it is gone by morning but I still cover my hair with a scarf and beanie in hopes that I don't offend anyone with the sulfur smell. May have to start washing my hair more often than once a week to control any possible smell.

Last night I did a scalp massage with sulfur oil, and added extra to my edges. I also applied castor oil to the ends of my braids.

Hey Ladies I have a 4oz bottle of Sulfur Powder about 85% full from iHerb and a jar of MyPomadeShop Peppermint Hair Growth Pomade in Vanilla that is about 95% full that I am trying to get rid of since I no longer use them. I don't know to many ladies besides you all that use sulfur powder or understand the concept of sulfur based products and since i have failed this challenge horribly I thought I'd share lol. PM if you're interested.

So I only missed one day this week of apply the sulfur. There are spots on either side of my head along my edges that might as well be bald that I am hoping grows in. Upon inspection it looks like there is a little baby hair growing in. :yay: Ok, no time to get too excited since that hair is very soft and fragile. I starting a full scale attack with:
Sulfur 8 (2% sulfur) applied every night
Biotin and MSM vitamins taken daily
Jason Biotin shampoo and conditioner
No wigs to give my hairline a break
Keep hair in braids or twists for a week
Moisturize and seal everyday or every other day

Not about sulfur but I figured someone would be interested. :grin:

Ok, used the Jason products today... The Jason Biotin Shampoo has a medicated herbal baby powder smell in the bottle that makes me think of baby products or feminine sprays. Not crazy for that type of scent on my hair, thankfully it's not strong and couldn't smell it while shampooing. I followed the directions and shampooed twice. I made sure to massage it in both times. It did a good job cleaning my hair, even with two washes it didn't over-strip or tangle my hair so it is a very gentle shampoo. It also produced suds easily both times. I like.
Followed up with the Jason Biotin Conditioner which felt very slippery when applying it but strangely didn't provide much slip when trying to detangle. Had to add some CurlySexyHair Moisturizing Conditioner to help.

Just did a scalp massage with sulfur oil and braided my hair for bed. I should have concentrated more oil on my edges, but I forgot. Perhaps I will do it in the morning before church.

I would love to join since I've recently been consistently taking MSM internally and I just ordered some sublime sulfur
Starting Length:Grazing APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012:Full BSL
Regimen:M&S 2xs Day, DC & Steam every week, Wash Bi-weekly,Scalp Massages Daily w/ Hair Trigger
Method of Sulfur Application:1 heaping tsp in Hair Trigger
Other Growth Aids:MSM internally, Shen Min Hair regrowth & Shen Min DHT blocker
Starting Pic (optional):

Attachments

• 20120315_163755.jpg
    20120315_163755.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 23
Yes, the massages. I definitely believe they are equally responsible for those new hairs sprouting up at my temples as the sulfur and nioxin.

I got my sublimed sulfur mixed it into my Hair Trigger and I have been applying it into my scalp nightly. I massage it in for 3 minutes, I'm trying to do it longger, but my arms get tired cause I like a firm massage, lol.

Can I still join? I think this is a great time to join since I just BC'd on Tuesday

Starting Length: 4-6"

Projected/Goal Length for December 2012: 8-10"

Regimen: twist/braid/bun/ maybe some protective braids later in the year

Method of Sulfur Application: MSM 3000 mg daily, topical flowers of sulfur mixed with coconut oil, castor oil and maybe something else at least every two days

Other Growth Aids: ORS hair fertilizer on my edges to bring back my post partum hair shed

Starting Pic (optional): see my nubby pony :grin: I expect it to blossom for Christmas

img-3037.html
IMG_3037-vi.jpg

edited to add this close up to show the shrinkage . good goobly goo! it'll take 10 years for my curly hair to reach BSL while curly, and then it will actually be knee length :lachen: stretched

Attachments

• 0327040848.jpg
    0327040848.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 0329231429.jpg
    0329231429.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Just did a scalp massage with my sulfur oil; concentrating on my edges. Tomorrow, I will start seeping my herbs into my next oil batch. My current bottle is really low.

againstallodds I believe my oil mix is about 10% sulfur.

Applied the Sulfur 8. I may start applying it twice a day, morning and night, since it only has 2% sulfur in it.

Back