SULFUR CHALLENGE 2012

I've been applying BeeMine mango serum to my hairline every night and sometimes twice per day. At least twice per week I add some to my scalp mainly in the crown area. I massage my head several times per week.

I've been keeping up with the challenge but I'm not too good at posting my progress... :ohwell:

I've been slacking on everything. I think I might throw some cayenne in my batch just for fun. I have peppermint, rosemary, and mustard oil. If they don't stimulate the scalp along with my massaging I don't know what will.

:lol: What ever your batch will smell like, it will only be over night as you will co wash in the mornings. If you plan on going the rest of the day like that...well then it's whatever.

I don't cowash. I wash ever 1.5-2 weeks and wear twists in between.

I have Chicoro's prepoo on my hair right now and will be mildly clarifying my hair, black tea rinsing under Mizani Renew Strength Mask followed by Mizani Moisturfusion Conditioner for deep conditioning today. This will be my first time trying out the Mizani Moisturfusion conditioner and can't wait to use it.

I may massage my scalp with my sulfur mix and GHE baggy my hair overnight with JBCO tonight as well as I haven't done it for 2 days. I :love: scalp massages.

Arrgh! I wont be able to do any sulfur treatments until fh goes back to work on Thursday. I just cant have myself smelling like wet match sticks and rubber....yes that seems to be the after smell at times. I just noticed this this weekend. I personally dont have a problem with it, cus i co wash in the mornings and I sleep alone of course when he's not home :lol:...but it is what is. So I'll be doing it like this:

Thursday, Friday and Saturday for this week...then just GHE on Sunday.

I will co wash every morning though...

Last edited:
Washed out the Tiivia oil because I was heavy handed with it. My hair was too greasy. Applied Emu oil/MSM cream to my scalp before bed.

K, I was able to return to my sulfur treatments last night. Did a long massage and it felt so good. Co washed this morning, moisturized, then sealed with Vatika oil--I ordered this with my Nioxin vits. New stuff. I was immediately taken by the fragrance of fresh coconuts and the amazing shine....although I've always known coconut oil to give great shine...looks like something I will continue to order. I like all the other ingredients that come with the vatika oil that regular coconut oil does not come with. KEEPER...YES :)

Is 2-3 hours enough time to allow for ingredient penetration? I can not keep this sulfur oil on my scalp without needing to wash it out the same day due to the intense nature of the smell. No matter how many essential oils I drop into the mix the smell will not dissipate to where I can feel comfortable walking out in public. I work very closely with people at school (i.e my head gets practiced on a lot or people get really close to my head to practice adjustments and etc..) and I workout frequently which enhances the smell.

I have too many good ingredients in my bottle and dont want it to go to waste :ohwell:

tiffjust2002 said:
I would like to join for my daughter she's 7 but she has thin edges by nature I would like to thicken and grow them would this challenge be appropriate for her or no?

Hello. Her edges may be thin from traction. Tight braids. As soon as I just used five large neat braids for my little girl her edges grew fine. The braids last all week I use Jane Carter line for her. When I finish the braids I spray with JC holding spray.

Stopped with my sulfur mix and pomade until I get my relaxer...can't wait to start back. I am seeing nice results from using sulfur. Looking forward to reveal day!

I don't update/check in often but I'm still in this. I'm currently on a personal challenging to use bee mine on my edges daily and the rest of my hair every other day. I kno this stuff helps my hair grow but I want to see if it can fill in my edges. I will update yall next month. Wish me luck. If this doesn't work I'm going to see a derm

Did my Sulfur treatment last night and Sunday. Getting better at applying it so that it does not drip as much. Head massages are pretty much a regular and lengthy. I'm loving those and I swear they are partially responsible for practically NO shedding. My scalp gets regular stimulation.

Prior to discovering the moon phase cutting thing. I've been clipping the relaxed parts of of my nape and the coils just bounce/dance now :lol: like they were thanking me of getting read of the dead....reaaaalllly dead hair. (yes i know it's all dead, I"m being silly). But again, I soooo get why folks get tempted to big chop earlier than planned.

---FEB 17 UPDATE-- I'm just going to stick w/ MSM (internal) for a while.

Starting Length: APL
Projected/Goal Length for December 2012 : BSL
Regimen: cowash as needed. DC & Steam 1x a week. Shampoo 1x a month. Ayurvedic 1x a month
Method of Sulfur Application:MSM daily 1tspn
Other Growth Aids: Internal MSM

I've decided to make some DRASTIC changes to my regimen and keep things EXTREMELY simple.

I had a hair "episode" earlier this week that almost forced me to do another BC.

So no more topical sulfur. Its too much work parting and applying anything to my scalp.

Still doing scalp massages every other night with my sulfur mix. I still have a little over four ounces left. Once I finish with this batch, I plan on switching out the grapeseed oil in my mix for emu oil.

Back