Sulfate-free shampoos or organic shampoos?

tgrowe

Which one works best for your hair and what do you use? I have been using CON (green label) for my relaxed hair but I use Giovanni Smooth as Silk for my dd's natural hair. Is either kind good to use or can one do more harm than good over time?

Last edited:
My favorite non-sulfate shampoo is ABBA Pure Moisture. It does not lather well, but it leaves your scalp feeling very refreshed and clean. It does not strip the hair either.

I like Nubian Heritage Coconut Papaya Shampoo and Jason Organics Plumeria & Sea Kelp Moisturizing Shampoo.

My favorite non-sulfate shampoo is ABBA Pure Moisture. It does not lather well, but it leaves your scalp feeling very refreshed and clean. It does not strip the hair either.

abba pure moisture is my staple as well along with the conditioner. great products and actually *moisturizing*!

Try Desert Essence's Throughly Clean Face Wash. It's a castile soap base cleanser that suds and moisturizes.

Okay I tried the Giovanni Smooth as Silk last night and the poo left my hair feeling stripped. Didn't feel like it did after I wash with CON. I'll just keep the Gio for my dd and once it runs out maybe I can get my hands on some of that Elucence.
Just trying to figure out which type if poo is better for your hair.

Elucence is neither sulfate-free nor organic. It is the only shampoo that I have (but don't use unless I use a cone laden serum) and a permanent staple of mine along with MBC (which I co_wash with daily). Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo has Sodium Myreth Sulfate (coconut oil derived). It does not contain: Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Ammonium Lareth Sulfate. Myreth Sulfate is supposed to be the least harsh of the sulfates but it is still a sulfate. Sorry. I do love, love, love Elucence though.

The sulphate-free poo I tried once (and loved but it was $20 a tube) was jonathan Weightless Smooth®.

shampooweightlesssmooth.jpg

Try Elucence. It is less expensive & concentrated. One bottle will last you foreverrrrrrrr. :yep:

Back