Any one Still using sulfate shampoos?

I'm so glad I came across this thread! I've been debating going back to sulfate shampoos because sulfate free shampoos are too drying. I just brought suave Shea and almonds. I'll be back with the results.

I never stopped using them either. But I have tried out a few sulfate free cleansers and they made my hair drier than any sulfate poo ever has. I've tried Wen and hair one also; they don't get my hair clean and it feels coated.

I hate most sulfate free shampoos the only one I really like is Keracare's Hydrating Detangling Shampoo which is what I'm using now

I just fell off the "curly girl" bandwagon. I haven't moved to sulfate shampoos yet, but at the moment I'm using the Kirkland Signature Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner once a week and they're working great. The shampoo doesn't contain sulfates, but it does have surfactants that I would avoid on the CG method. Funny because my hair is so much shiner now than when I didn't shampoo.

I tried a few non sulfate poos, and a cleansing conditioner. They were not as good as my staple Aphogee Deep Moisture shampoo.

I cosign with Nonie, I wash once a week with Nexxus Therappe. D/c with Ao HSR and AO GPB rotating. Use Nexxus humectress as a leave-in. I also cowash 2-3 times a week, but I have to poo, and sulfate free does nothing for my hair. It feels sticky and gross (can't come up with a description as good as Nonie's :lol:)

I still use them. Kerastase Bain de Force and Oleo Relax, Redken All soft and Real Control. They work for me.
I bought the Saryna Key Damage Repair Shea butter line and I believe the shampoo is sulfate free, it hasn't stripped my hair (maybe because of the shea butter?)

I find poo bars and castile based shampoos very harsh on my hair.
I hardly ever use a sulfate shampoo simply because i prefer using natural products ,if i had to use one it would be Paul Mitchell Strong .Love that one.

I always use mostly sulfate poo's for some reason sulfate free poo's are not my friend. Right now I am using Clear Scalp and Therapy Shea Butter kind, I love it, nice and creamy and moisturizing. I've been using it for months now.

Can't stop, won't stop using my sulfates did a few times and my hair did not respond well. I praying for the day that they bring back creme of nature w the old formula.

My hair like ORS creamy Aloe. I shampoo and condition about 3 times week in the fall when I'm not wearing my hair straight.

Bump...Thinking about switching back to sulfates myself. I have very tight hair cuticles and non-sulfate shampoos just aren't doing it for me.

Last edited:
I tried to stop using sulfates (shampoo in general). Scalp buildup put an end to that. Started using baby shampoo and neither my hair nor scalp are angry about it so I'll roll with it.

Back