Successful touchup today!

Leslie_C

All I can say is wow! I went to a new salon today owned by dominicans, and of course I was nervous as heck. She could tell too, she kept saying calm down mommie....lol.

So I got a touch up for the first time with Affirm Lye sensitive scalp. Fabulous results, I love this relaxer! They followed the right steps and everything. Then I didnt feel like sitting in the salon all day so I had her blow dry and flat iron instead of a doobie. It turned out really nice, Ive been walking around with my hair just a bouncin and a swingin all over the place! Love love love it, which is just the pick me up I needed bc Ive been hating my hair lately!

Only downside is they charged $20 on top of the relaxer for a tiny baby trim so that made me kinda mad! one more reason to spread out trims in that case!

They use and recommend salerm products too(shout out LHCF!) and I walked away with the wheat germ mask. my total bill was $88!!!!! with the trim and the wheat germ mask...but it was worth it for the pick me up!

Im gonna take pics later...

clap.gif
It sounds like you had a great salon experience. I can't wait to see pics.
smile.gif

dandy, I live in Orlando and I went to Hair Dimensions on Edgewater Dr. I am VERY impressed with this salon and am in love with them! The stylists were super nice and speak fluent english, and they didnt trim to much...I was paranoid she was going to chop off a couple of inches. She did a nice job, my hair is in a U because the back grows better and I had some thin ends on the sides, but I like it like this bc I still get to keep the length in the back and eventually when it all gets long Ill probably still end up keeping it that way!

I took a couple of pics for my august album.

Looking good!
smile.gif
I like the U and V shapes to the hair. Since my back grows faster, I don't really have a choice (I have a U, too), but I like it anyway!

ubavka, yep, my hair is the same way! I might as well wear it as a style bc thats how it grows anyway. Id probably always have chin length hair if I tried to keep it even.

I put June 1 and August pics side by side and I think Im making slow but sure progress!

Me too. Once, I grew my front down and then cut the back even, so that I had a neck length bob--and of course, I have the U again. I realized since monitoring my growth, that the front grows at half the rate of the back.
ohwell.gif
I saw your pictures, looks like you are progressing nicely. All this looking at albums makes me want to start mine. Maybe when I get my underprocessed hair fixed in a couple of weeks...
scratchchin.gif

Hey Leslie C, Thank you for the info when I am in Orlando I will have to check it out...and your hair looks GREAT too
smile.gif

I'm glad you had a good experience. I used Affirm lye for sensitive scalp for my last touchup and I too had wonderful results. I can't believe I was stuck using soft and beautiful box relaxer all this years.

Back