Stephanie Suthers Hairobics!!!

i thought andre said that type 4 hair grows but breaks easily...and that if you keep it in braids it can get long.

A BLACK WOMAN WITH 4B KNEE-LENGTH HAIR! I BET SHE'S THE <font color="red">EIGHTH WONDER OF THE WORLD!</font>

I'm so glad you posted this ValleyGirl, because so many people even in the black entertainment industry itself do not believe this. Perhaps Ms. SUTHERS should meet Andre, and Andre invite her on the <font color="red">OPRAH WINFREY SHOW /images/graemlins/up.gif</font> I wonder has her publicity dept. ever thought of this? That woman would dispell a whole lot of nonsense and also help black girls and women the world over see that yes, we can grow our hair with our natural hair texture to great lengths /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BTW, she's an inspiration to me not only for her hair, but she's 50 looking like she's in her 30's? She better go ahead with her bad self! I have nothing but the highest admiration for that woman and haven't even met her /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Amethyst

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Mindymouse said:
Dang, 2 hours each section... Goodness!

What is a TWA ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure if this was answered or not...

TWA = Teeny weeny afro (when the hair is like a inch or so long)

Ennyaa said:
One question though (before I order cuz you KNOW I'm gonna right? lol) The first ingredient in the Hair and Scalp Booster is Vegetable petroleum. Would this clog the pores the same way that mineral oil would? Cuz I think that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know the answer to my question about the petroleum?

One question though (before I order cuz you KNOW I'm gonna right? lol) The first ingredient in the Hair and Scalp Booster is Vegetable petroleum. Would this clog the pores the same way that mineral oil would? Cuz I think that would defeat the purpose wouldn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it sure as heck didn't clog her pores! It's true that what may work for one may not the other, But Knee-Length 4b hair? Enyaa I think that alone should answer your question /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Iris

OK I promise I will scan the pics when I get to work later today. Sorry but it got crazy at work yesterday.

Billygirl I am glad you had the opportunity to speak with her also. She is a wonderful person. She even discussed quitting smoking with me! And she did say she will be updating her website with th eknee length photos as well as coming out with a calender.

Allandra the bun was beautiful. It reminded me of Natalie Portman's fancy styles that she wore in Star Wars Attack of the Clones....just a textured version of it. I had my camera with me and I asked her if we could take a picture together and she said sure but not today b/c she wanted to I guess get herself together. So I will go back down there one day and take a pic of us.

Enyaa not sure if I can answer your question but I have the Scalp Booster and while it is a little on the heavy side I think Vegetable Petroleum is completely different from regular Petroleum. Being that it is 'natural' and from a vegetable source it may be absorbed into the scalp as opposed to sitting on top of the skin like vaseline does. I have never used the Booster on my scalp though just on the length of my hair.

Hey Pandora
This lady has A LOT of freaking hair! Also I believe that she is extremely careful going through each section to make sure that she doesn't miss anything. It is long and thick. I have never seen anything like it before in my life.

She says if she doesn't wrap it in a bun at night or tye it up it can choke her if she sleeps too wild!!!

Can you imagine???

Thank Valleygirl. I might get the Scalp Rejuvenator instead because I like all the ingredients.

Oh and by the way speaking of inspiriations I remember seeing a picture of your hair and thinking it was beautiful. But couldn't find it again when I went looking for it. I hope somebody didn't cause you to take it down.

Hey Amethyst,

I don't think Stephanie realizes the potential GOLD MINE that she is sitting on. She does travel around the country on speaking engagements but they don't really have a 'schedule' preplanned out. I know she does a lot on the East Coast b/c the LA Market does not like to listen she says. I guess it's b/c a lot of people out here like to go for the quick fix and the weave. She also said peopled are not diciplined and that right there is half the battle. She compares growing hair to loosing weight.

Like when I told her I have been blow dyring my hair 1-2 times a month for the past 4 months she didn't reprimand me and tell me not to do it or my hair won't grow but she simply said that my hair won't reach it's full potential and grow as long as it possibly could. That's why I liked her so much...her approach was just so ...can't find the word but like I said earlier she didn't say "my way is the only way'
She says it all depends on how long you want to grow your hair.
I told her I didn't think I could manage hair that was her length b/c the length it is now is already a hassle. And she said that as your hair grows you learn to manage it as the length comes. She said that she only wears it natural b/c it is too long to press or ...Gosh can you imagine ROLLER SET!

OMG! There is certainly NO WAY she'd be able to rollerset that herself. Actually, they probably don't make rollers that would even be big enough. lol

Man... Now I can't wait till you post the pics either.

Azul
Andre of 'Andre talks hair' said that 4a/b type hair can't grow long b/c it breaks unless it's in braids.

Funny, on Stephanie's flyer she has
"WHO SAYS YOU CAN'T GROW YOUR OWN HAIR? NOT HAIROBICS"

I wish I could send a flyer to Andre myself.

VALLEYGIRL said:
She said that she only wears it natural b/c it is too long to press or ...Gosh can you imagine ROLLER SET!

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif No joke, they would have to be the size of saucers....or Ford truck tyres.

I can't believe that in L.A. they don't want to hear what she has to say /images/graemlins/shocked.gif What? Would we rather continue to invest in making Asians and other groups rich than investing those dollars into our ownselves? /images/graemlins/nono.gif

If I was in her Publicity Dept., I would make sure to contact Oprah, Star Jones from The View, and many of these other talk shows who from time to time have as show-topics women who have super- long hair. Girl, I'm good at tracking folks down if I feel the need to and Oprah would definately be on my "to do list" /images/graemlins/smile.gif It would be nice if the next time you go to her job to maybe ask has her office ever tried getting in touch with any talk show? You got me thinking now ValleyGirl!!!/images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif She's in the industry and I'm pretty sure she knows some people who can make those kind of connections. Since time is not on her side due to her busy schedule, you can also print out and show her these posts. Maybe that would encourage and inspire her and her office to push even harder in contacting these shows, magazines (such as Ebony, Essence, Jet, etc.), do seminars, etc. I whole-heartedly believe after reading these posts and seeing the delightful surprise many of us have written re: her hair achievement, it will not only touch her, but it just may get her to thinking to paraphrase, "so many black girls and women think growing our hair long is an impossibility. I'm gonna access as many mediums as possible to dispell and put to rest the stereotypes and every other myth regarding Afro-textured hair."

ValleyGirl I meant to ask you were you using heat while you grew your hair long. You have a beautiful head of hair! You remind me of that girl that was on Wanakee's website testimonials /images/graemlins/smile.gif If Ms. Suthers told you that using heat twice monthly won't allow you to reach full potential, and if you were using heat, how do you account for this? I have used heat on a weekly basis, tho' I'm changing my heat regimen because it's tiring. But I used carrier/essential oils and have not had a problem with damage at all. As a matter of fact the heat on the oils acted like a mini-hot oil treatment for my hair /images/graemlins/smile.gif The moisture level of my hair was lovely to me because of heat application. Those sealing products such as henna and the fantasia-line also act as a barrier to heat-damage. I think that heat can actually be one of your best friends IF AND ONLY IF like all things, it's applied properly.

Thanks alot,
Amethyst

I thinks Ms. Suthers looks wonderful on her website, her hair is truly a "crowning glory". /images/graemlins/smile.gif Her makeup doesn't do her justice though. All that blush is detracting from her obvious (and abundant!) natural beauty.

If Ms. Suthers told you that using heat twice monthly won't allow you to reach full potential, and if you were using heat, how do you account for this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I AM SORRY AMETHYST LET ME CLEAR THAT UP. I just started using heat on my hair like 2 times a month very recently...like in the last few months (since November '02).
I do not and have not always done this. When I went natural in '98 I would probably straighten my hair like 2-3 times a year. Now I get bored with my hair and need to switch it up from time to time so I have been straightening more in the last few months. I know I need to lay off of the heat. I am not one of those ladies that can blow dry all the time and not experience any damage....but sometimes I HATE WALKING AROUND WITH A WET HEAD especially in the wintertime so it's just so easy to whip out the blowdryer... I have not noticed any damage since doing this b/c like you I prep my hair very well with heat protectant and oils and deep condition before and after.

When I was younger I killed my hair with the blowdryer. I think that what makes it different now is that I do not blow dry it bone straight. I just do it to get the kinks out and get it dry for flat ironing. And I always use medium heat.

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Valleygirl

Her products do have an impressive list of ingredients. If anyone tries them, please post a follow-up and let us know about your results. Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm gonna access as many mediums as possible to dispell and put to rest the stereotypes and every other myth regarding Afro-textured hair

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Amethyst I hope many of us on this board who achieve our goals will go forward and teach others how to achieve theirs as well.
Valleygirl

Interesting!

I wonder how long it took her to grow her hair to knee length? She is certainly an inspiration, especially to have strong long hair after suffering hair loss.

The products all look like they have good ingredients. I might have to try them. Thanks for posting the information.
[image]http://www.longhairlovers.com/at/redbutterfly/gallery/959.jpeg[/image]

If there's anything that she proves, it's that there is a distinct correlation between drinking water, working out, and hairgrowth!!! (plus of course the eating right to get your vitamins and hair products) but I'm convinced that even if you were only spending $10 a month in hair products, (using cheaper ones) and weren't taking any vitamins, but we just ate right, worked out a lot, and drank lots of water - we'd all be able to achieve waist length and beyond hair!!! She's the TOTAL inspirational package!! AND...........she's 50! Heck, if I look that good at 40 I'll be thrilled!!! Heck, 35 for that matter!!!

Back