Sta-Sof-Fro!!!

CocoaCure

Are any of you guys using Sta-Sof-Fro?? I'm using this now and MY GOSH!!! This stuff softens so well and is helping me stretch out my relaxer to new lengths! After shampooing or conditioner washing my hair feels like it's a completely different texture! It feels like my new growth is like 3A instead of 4A! And I'm definitely a 4A! (I think!) I remember my brother using this stuff when he had a huge 14 inch fro back in the late 70's when I was little, but this stuff is like some kind of Miracle Juice! It has a lot of glycerin and it just smooths and softens your hair so well you can comb it wet and not have a single hair in your comb!!! It's great! And cheap! I think I'm going to go and buy like 5 or 6 big 16oz bottles to make sure I always have some on hand for a while!

Oh man, now I want some. It sounds great -- kinda like S-curl I guess huh? Does it simply soften the hair? I can imagine the slip!

I used to use this on my son's hair back in the day before I knew it was good for my hair too. I've never used it on my hair. only the S-CUrl. I'm gonna pick some up and see if there's a difference in the way it makes my hair feel. One of the differences i notice is that S-CUrl is a lot thicker (whitish) whereas Staf Sof Fro is more think and water like. But it did a great job with my lil man
smile.gif

I have the SCurl too and to me the Sta-Sof-Fro is better! It has GREAT slip and your comb just slides through your newgrowth! I Love the SCurl too, but this is even better in my humble opinion. But if you're using SCurl, keep using it. Just try some of this too! You'll be glad you did! The amazing this is the change in texture! My edges feel so silky soft, even in the back. No one would believe it's been 5 weeks. Usually I feel like I'm wearing a little helmet by this time because I have so much newgrowth. But this time, I still have allthe good newgrowith, but it just FEELS so much softer! It doesn't feel like this is my hair on my head! It feels like someone else's texture! Now for the first time, I know I can stretch my relaxers out! I'll be using this and wearing my bun till Dec. 23rd when I relax.

cocoa what does the bottle of Sta-Sof-Fro look like. Are u talking about the curl activator ?

mad.gif
angry2.gif
swearing.gif
whip.gif
censored.gif
wallbash.gif
Cocoacure!!!! Now I gotta go pull out my wallet, go to the store, and get some Sta-Sof-Fro!!! You are not helping a struggling PJ out at all with a post like this!
spank.gif
The least you could do is to tell me where to get some girl, cuz I'm on my way!
driver.gif
rofl.gif

ayana do u know which one she is talking about??? this could help my kitchen when I pull my hair in a ponytail !

It's a tan/brown color bottle with a brown spray top. It's not really a curl activator, though I know a lot people used to use it that way. But it's more on an Afro softening spray, but you can use it on any hair not just natural. Whether relaxed, curly permed, or natural. Probably even braids, except that it gives such good slip that I might not want to use it on braids for fear they may slip out!! That's how good this stuff is!!

[ QUOTE ]
Britt said:
cocoa what does the bottle of Sta-Sof-Fro look like. Are u talking about the curl activator ?

[/ QUOTE ]

adam2002.gif

Oh, and it has Brown writing on the tan bottle. You will be very happy with this purchase! This stuff has been on the market just forever! I'm now using it on my little munchkin's hair and his hair just lays down with it! It looks like his hair is texturized or something, but it isn't! It's great for all hair types! Our dry hair needs this stuff! I think it's much better than the Dew I paid $16 or $18 or whatever for, and the bottle is the same size! I think the Dew is more for folks that want to wear their hair down. Now with the Sta-Sof-Fro your hair will be almost too soft for styling anything but a bun. Even when I tried to do my twist out, it didn't hold. So I decided this stuff is GREAT, but it's GREAT for a simple slicked back bun style, but your hair will be moistened through and through!!!

I'm so sorry Ayanapooh!!! I didn't mean to tempt you! This has just been such a great and pocket pleasing find for me that I just couldn't keep the good information to myself! It's at Sally's, but I've even seen it at Eckerd's, CVS, Walgreens, Wal-mart, etc. It's a very very common products that like I said has been around forever! It's just that now people are realizing how good it is for relaxed hair too when you're not trying to wear it down, but are keeping it in a bun. It's great for dry hair! And yes, ArmyQT, that's the exact bottle, except I get the 16oz one! Everyday when I get home I'm going to spray this one my hair and put my thick African pride grease stuff on my ends only for extra sofening! I'm on my own little personal NO HEAT challenge, (Anybody want to join me!! Maybe I should start a thread, unless there's already a challenge going on that I'm not aware of) so I'm very into buns right now! I'm seriously going to take like $25 and buy about 5 or 6 of them off the shelf at Sally's today even though I have a nearly full bottle at home! I just don't want to be without this stuff - EVER!!

I love Sta-Sof-Fro. I have been using it for a long time. I use it as a leave in conditioner, sprayed in my hair while still wet and it drys soooo soft. IMHO I think it is better than SCurl (I use it too though)

OMG!!! I had no idea what you guys were talking about till I saw that pic of the bottle. I remember seeing that at my aunties house when I was a kid, lol...I think my uncle used it. Too funny. I didn't even know that stuff would still be around. Hmmm...maybe I'll pick some up...

My Mom used to use this on her hair when she was natural along with Africa's Best Mayo in the jar. She was bra strap length. She got relaxed right before Halloween and she had a lot of it cut off but it is still bra strap length.

My grandmother use to use this all the time. She's still sporting a fro. I can remember her using this stuff on my brothers' hair as well which was a very long time ago. Now I'm going to have to go out and buy some, after I promised my husband no more products until next month
wink.gif
angeldevil.gif
He says I have enough products in our bathroom to start a business.

I use this on my sons hair he's trying to grow his hair so I can put some cornrows in it
rofl.gif
I tried it one day and I've been using it ever since
laugh.gif
this is good stuff.

Yep ShinyBlackHair, this is that same stuff! This is an old product that has been around forever! In fact, I don't remember this not being around! This is the stuff that kept all those afros so nice and healthy and moist! But on relaxed hair, it just works wonders for dryness! I call it my Miracle Juice! So I bet many of us have Uncles, cousins, grandma, etc who used to use it and we never thought of it for relaxers or for women for that matter. Like I said, My brother used it and he was known for having the largest Afro in his Jr. High. He used to tilt his head and twist his body and just take forever to get in the car because he didn't want the car to hit his Afro, but it was so big he couldn't help it! It was always soft too and he has never been one to take care of his hair or anything and he could have nice, fast growing, healthy hair, then we'll all have hair down to our bumpkins in no time! The best part is the price! It's nice and cheap and a great product! Just goes to show that great products don't have to have a fancy name or packaging or a staggering pricetag!

Okay, since it's cheap I will go buy some,but Carol's daughter is still the bomb!!

[ QUOTE ]
Bublnbrnsuga said:
Okay, since it's cheap I will go buy some,but Carol's daughter is still the bomb!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Bublnbrnsuga on both counts! Carols Daughter (I use the Hair Honey) is wonderful, but now that I'm natural I want my hair to look like those old afro ads too!:D

I know I don't post that much here anymore, but the few times I do come here to lurk, I ALWAYS find some great hair ideas or products.

my hair is natural, and i used it on my hair a couple of times to pic out my fro, it was helpful in the initial combing out. but by the end of the day it seemed to dry my hair out a lot

[ QUOTE ]
AfroChick said:
^^^^AND i also didn't like the smell

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

I just got back from the BSS and I smelled it first. I was like no way, I can't stand the way that smells. Just about all the other moisturizers smelled that way too. I think I will pass this time but thanks for the suggestions!

I bought a bottle today for $2.99 and sprayed in on the sides of my hair and my kitchen and it really did a good job of softening my hair
smile.gif

Thanks for the product review
cocoa care
wink.gif

I found out that STa-Sof-Fro runs in my family. It's so funny to hear on this thread that a mother or grandmother uses it. It's true, it has been around for a long time but not too many of us (newer generation?) know of it.

I bought my first tube 2 wks ago--I bought the Sta-Sof-Fro Leave-In Conditioner cream and I must say that it's doing its job. I experiment with my hair for my website (http://cottonnappy.tripod.com) and this last time all I did after washing/conditioning my hair was rubbing in this Sta-Sof-Fro Leave-in through my wet hair and it reeally worked. My hair didn't feel "stripped", didn't feel greasy, didn't feel as if I had done nothing at all to it (like how my hair feels when I rub in AURA Elixir). I mean, it reeally feels conditioned and soft enough to take my comb through it. It's a tube of cream, not chemicals. The ingredients are more favorable than other leave-ins as well. And the smell wasn't that bad from my short-term experience because i still smell my Suave Coconut conditioner in my hair for days.

Although I have natural hair, I used it last night on my sis' hair which is relaxed. After she washed her hair I rubbed it in before styling her hair. Honestly I'm not sure how her hair usually is after washing though, but I'm sure it did its job.

I love it, and thanks for telling others about it!

Back