Sta-Sof-Fro!!!

I just want to add to this thread that Sta Sof Fro and careful neutralizing my past two relaxers has completely fixed my nape problem. It's growing back really nicely (there were some seriously short pieces there for a mo) and it's soft and feels NORMAL again. I was beginning to wonder if my hair was changing textures (which would have been fine - except I only know what to do with MY texture so.....yeah....) but it's not - it was just dry and abused.

Sta Sof Fro was invaluable in helping me solve that problem. I still use it on the tips too (just the very very ends) but I realized I do prefer my tried and true Dudley's PCA for that - with some serum.

I'm back to basics now - but Sta Sof Fro was worth venturing off the beaten path for.
smile.gif

I went out and bought Sta-Sof-Fro the same day I heard about it. I wish I would have known which Sta-Sof-Fro because I bought the one that was labeled curl activator and when I got home I sprayed it and it was really thick just like S-Curl no major difference.

But im not sure if I have hte right one is everyone using the Dry Hair Scalp something like that one?

At the store I went to there was only one kind but I got back on the boards and saw a picture of a differen't kind.

I haven't tried it yet with my regular regime but we will see what happens when I use it in an hour or so.

-Faye

I love Sta-Sof-Fro....It keeps my hair moisturized and very soft. Definitely a staple. I always use it when I put my hair up in a bun and on my braidouts.

OMG,
This stuff is AMAZING!
It's almost like I have a whole new grain of hair! It makes my new-growth so wavy and silky!

I'm glad you like it Denali!
clap.gif

You use the spray version. This stuff is STILL saving my life. I'll never give it up. It's the only hairline cream I use now. I use it all around my edges and they are always moist and wonderful.

They don't have the cream or gel in my area...and now I see that they have removed the spray from my local Wal-Mart. I want to try this when I run out of Cathy Howse's Dew...because that's not working for me now...[I took the braids out finally and now my hair is always dry no matter how much Dew or Lotion Creme Moisturizer that I use].

I bought some a few weeks ago and it has added so life to my hair. it's so soft and it has a shine to it. My braidout looks so much better.

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I'm glad you like it Denali!
clap.gif

You use the spray version. This stuff is STILL saving my life. I'll never give it up. It's the only hairline cream I use now. I use it all around my edges and they are always moist and wonderful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tracy I am in love! I use the rub-on gel
love.gif

I am so sure that I can stretch my relaxer out to at least 13 weeks (usually go 8 wks) with this stuff
smile.gif

This is the best relaxer stretcher and it is wonderful at masking the smell of Lenzi's Request.

sent hubby to Walmart today to buy me some..I just CW my hair and it's drying...I hope it doesn't work like S-curl...I don't like the activator.

I saw this thred, and i thought : I must try this, cause my new growth is fighting tough battle with my comb. I bought the sta so fro for extra dry hair, and sprayed it on the new growth and NOTHing happened. HOW much r you sprying on your hair? Do you saturate the hair with the sta so fro? Do you ladies use it on wet hair or dry? And could hair type be the problem? my hair type is 3b/4a What is everybodies hair type on this thread?

Thanx!

I have some of this in my cabinet and I am going to pull it out. I am about 10 weeks post relaxer, the longest I've gone, and I things are getting rough up there! Anyone ever sprayed it on and tied hair up before bed?

update...Just put it on my hair and I like it more than the S-Curl. My hair doesn't feel greasy, it's soft without the jheri curl drip like I get from the S-Curl. I mixed shea butter, aloe vera,coconut, and carrot oils to offset the smell. Overall, I likes!

This stuff is a must for me especially when I'm stretching my relaxers! I really like it and I also use it as a braid spray when I'm in braids...it really keeps my hair nice and moisturized.

aileendq said:
Would somebodu PLEASE post the ingredients to this? I'd love to give it a try.

TIA

Ingredients:
Water, glycerin, propylene glycol, oleth-20, dicetyldimonium chloride, phenoxynethanol, fragrance, peg-60 lanolin, methylparaben, linalool, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylparaben, butylparaben, limonene, citronellol, coumarin, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, evernia furfuracea/treemoss extract, geraniol, benzyl benzoate, hydrolyzed wheat starch

It looks all natural to me. :grin:

www.softsheen-carson.com
800-442-4643

I used to use this when i was in holiday in Jamaica for a month. u know how hot it is, so i went to the hair store they had LOOAAADDSSS of stuff, but my aunty there told me to use Mane n Tail and Sta Sof Fro that EXACT one in the picture. with al lthat air drying and mega moisture, my hair was definately sneeking up to brastrap when i got back to england. of course i started heat styling stopped the mane n tail and stopped the sta sof fro and it grew upwards not down! i would DEFINATELY use this again!!!!! BIG RATINGS

carribean_dream said:
Would any of your guys recommend this as a natural curl enhancer like a leave-in?

IF SO I AM going out to buy this first thing tomorrow morning!

I've never noticed any curl enhancement. All stasoffro does is makes it super soft.

If you want curl enhancement, try Fantasia IC gel.

I used this to detangle my 10 week post hair out of cornrows. I have never had a more pleasant detangling experience! I think this just could be the secret weapon to possibly get me through a transition.

I must say that I do not like the smell of it, so I would never leave it in to style. But for detangling, it is just the stuff! My mom used to use this on me when I was a little girl. I'm just going back to my roots now :-)

This stuff literally melts your NG like butter. When I am deep into my stretch and my NG starts to act straight crazy, a couple of spritzes and I glide the comb right through. Every stretcher needs to have this in the hair care arsenal.

Back