Sta-Sof-Fro!!!

I remember my father using this on his mini-afro, and it made his hair soft. I think I might use it to moisturise and soften my hair when it is in braids or weave, do you think it would be better than a braid sheen spray?

Gosh, it's embarrassing enough to buy the scurl...i can't imagine toting that stuff to the register of the base exchange. There's just too many people around for that. Besides, I'd feel as though "Carwash" would start playing as I walked to the front of the store to pay. No way man.

ROTFL...@ Leshia. Girl, that was too funny!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Leshia said:
Gosh, it's embarrassing enough to buy the scurl...i can't imagine toting that stuff to the register of the base exchange. There's just too many people around for that. Besides, I'd feel as though "Carwash" would start playing as I walked to the front of the store to pay. No way man.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I do remember that stuff stinks, I would'nt use it on my relaxed hair - but does anyone know the ingredients ?

one thing for sure it has worked better than most if not all of the product reviews that I have used from this board and its cheap too
smile.gif
... who would have ever thought this would work, go figure
laugh.gif
. Im feeling the sides of my hair right now and they feel extra soft and smooth !

Yeah Britt, who would have ever thought! That's why I started this thread. I was like, WHAT.......my hair is this soft and I'm 5 weeks into a relaxer! I couldn't believe it! Sorry DontSpeakDefeat and AfroChick that you didn't like the smell. The smell doesn't bother me at all. I don't think it's a perfumy smell that's geared to women though. Again, my brother used to use it, and someone else said their uncles, and somebody else mentioned their Dad used it, so I really think it was more geared to men. But you can't smell my hair and I'm definitely NOT walking around smelling funny! I usually put a little Wonder 8 oil over it anyway, but even when I don't I think my hair just drinks it in and there nothing left to smell! Oh and Lesia, yes, Boogie Fever and Carwash started to play as I did "The Bump" and "The Robot" up to the counter to pay!! When I see the bottle, I immediately think of those Soul Brother pics with the black power fist on the end that everybody used to wear either stuck in their hair, or in the back pocket of your jeans! What can I say.............it was cool back then! I was just a kid, but I used to always look up to teenagers and that's what they were doing! Funny huh??? Those were the days...............

yes its great as a braid moisturizer..i would spray some on my hand than massage it through my braids...this stuff really does make you hair sooooo soft...the smell to me is not to overbearing in fact it smells 1/2 way decent compared to some other stuff on the market...this is def a must have product for softness...

I just want to know if it is better than s curl in your opinion I want my hair really mosturized.

I like the Rub on hair and scalp conditioner (it comes in a tube) better than the spray. I use it or Elasta qp glaze along with water to pull my hair back into a ponytail.

mad.gif
ya know what i was looking for that stuff in the store and because it didn't know what the bottle looked like i went right by it. lol silly me and now i'm borke. ah well when that allowence come through i'm gettin' it!
grin.gif

i would join your challenge but i just finsihed my own little personal one. i am pressing my hair tonight then gettin it braided ( i'm using the stright hair so i have to make the textures match.) but if u need any support you can message me. good luck
grin.gif

I had to go and get myself a bottle and you're right, it awesome! I'm saying goodbye to my S-Curl - Sta-Sof-Fro is my new favorite. I had mentioned on another post how moisturized, soft and shiny my hair is. It also loosens my braid-out and make the curls longer and not have that shrinkage look. Thank you very, very much for this hookup.

Sure you guys are very welcome!! I just saw a great find and wanted to share it with everybody! For those of you who use SCurl..........don't stop! You can use both! Your hair will just get double moisturized! I don't think our hair can ever be too moisturized!!! I still have some SCurl too. I think I like the Sta-Sof-Fro a little better though. But here lately I've been using them together and my hair is just so soft I can't stand myself!!! Tee Hee!!! Neat problem to have huh???? Seriously though, it's a great product and I LOVE the pricetag!!! Even the worse product junkie can come up with $3!

What are the ingredients in Sta-sof-fro? I was using scurl before but my hair became to fragile and starting breaking...

Okay, i finally caved and went to the BSS to get my bottle of Sta Sof Fro. I'm determined to stretch out my relaxer to at least 12 weeks
wink.gif
But now i'm torn because when i pulled back my hair to use the spray on my new growth, i noticed how nice my hair grows in and now i'm all in between loving how my hair is growing and being torn to see it in it's natural state
crazy.gif
we really need to pay more attention to what our hair really looks like. i'm a 4a/b and i never sat down to really see how pretty my natural hair looks. oh lord here i go again
smirk.gif
i swear this is ironic torture. i definitely see myself stretching my relaxer this time because this stuff is AMAZING!!! Hopefully just stretching it out and getting a good look at it at the end of 12 weeks will be enough to satisfy me. Anyway that's my report
smile.gif
--jainygirl

Do you use the kind in the spray bottle or the lotion kind in the regular bottle?

I use the kind in the Spray bottle. That's the only one I've seen in Sally's and other stores in my area. I need to find a really good Black beauty supply store here in the Plano/Richardson/Garland area of Dallas!!! Dallasites, can you help me out on this???

this is one of my staple products...and now that i am transitioning..i use this on my entire head..and then the Elasta QP glaze..and walah...a nice neat bun..for my 4a/b hair..it has done wonders for my hair and also when i have braids..i decided to always have some..but i was wondering about the cream in the tube...i may just try it...

Oh dear me. I want to
1. Wash and condition with Lanza strait line
2. Spray with a greasy detangler
3. Airdry the ringlets down
4. Detangle the ringlets with my fingers.

Sta-Sof-Fro (lanolin) is PERFECT for step 2. It dries to this great greasy residue that lubricates the ringlets as I pull them apart. I just realized that I left what little Sta-Sof-Fro I had left in the bottle at my parents' house over the holiday break!

But because I'm cheap and lazy, I tried to substitute other stuff.
-I tried to use serum alone, but that glued the ringlets together as they dried.
-I mixed Pantene light spray conditioner detangle with olive oil and Motions Oil Moisturizer (lanolate), but the ringlets airdried hard and dry.

I'ma have to come off the $3 and get some more Sta-Sof-Fro today. I'm looking like Buckwheat over here, and my friends and I are supposed to watch a football game together in an hour...

[ QUOTE ]
AfroChick said:
it was helpful in the initial combing out. but by the end of the day it seemed to dry my hair out a lot

[/ QUOTE ]

AC, my daughter has the same type/texture of hair you have and she had the same results with Sta-sof-fro. It helped a little when combing out her wet hair but in 2 hours it was dry and sticky. My hair is relaxed and it had no effect on my newgrowth. It did make both our hair shiny though. I won't buy it again.
ohwell.gif

Sorry, i don't mean to hijack this thread
wink.gif
but ....

AfroChick
wave.gif
i LOVE your hair!!!!!!! I'm trying to transition (12 weeks post relaxer)and the new hair i see resembles what your hair looks like with the 4a/b mix you have. I was worried that the curly parts wouldnt fro up right with the rest of my hair but you have proven that soooo wrong. I really love your album, this is what i'm hoping my natural hair looks like
wink.gif
--thanks for the inspiration ---jainygirl

Late on a thread again, but I just wanted to add that this is one of my staple products. I have been using it for about 2 years. I use it after my wash or even on dry hair. It gives hair a good slip and is a great moisturizer.
I would probably have surpassed my hair goal if I could stick to products that work!

I have to stop being such a PJ!!!

Back