STA SOF FRO

syze6

HELLO LADIES, IT IS A PLEASURE TO BE ABOARD!
I WENT OUT YESTERDAY AND I PURCHASED THE STA SOF FRO SPRAY. CAN YOU SHAMPOO AND BLOW DRY USING THIS SPRAY. I SPRAYED IT ON MY NEW GROWTH AND IT IMMEDIATELY MADE IT SOFT. I THOUGHT HOW GREAT IT WOULD WORK WITH MY BLOWDRYER.

Hi welcome to the board. There is a thread regarding the Sta Sof Fro spray, if you use the search function it will come up. I have found using the Sta Sof Fro is good for new growth and keeping moisture, but your hair will be very soft and pretty will only go back in a bun. But that is good news if you are wearing protective styles.

[ QUOTE ]
Toni said:
Hi welcome to the board. There is a thread regarding the Sta Sof Fro spray, if you use the search function it will come up. I have found using the Sta Sof Fro is good for new growth and keeping moisture, but your hair will be very soft and pretty will only go back in a bun. But that is good news if you are wearing protective styles.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean that you can only be put in a protective style? Do you mean that it will be too soft to hold any style?

Hi Soslychic, yes, I'm the one that posted the Sta-Sof-Fro thread and yes, it's a GREAT product and the price is very nice as well! But yes, your hair will be so soft it won't hold any type of curl or style. I tried to do twists and even slept in them overnight but my hair was just wayyyyy too soft when I took it down. Then when I tried to finger comb it out it just sort of went limp and straight. But again, it was very very soft and silky and very moisturized! This is why I say it's a great product if you're wearing a protective style like a bun, because then you're wearing your hair up and away. So this way, yes, the Sta-Sof-Fro will keep your hair super duper moisturized and super duper soft!! I never thought I'd say "oh no, my hair is too soft!!!" Its' a great problem to have! Oh, I wouldn't blow dry with it because again, it's so super softening. It's for when you're not going to wear your hair out or expect your hair to "do anything" other than just lay soft and flat in a nicely secured bun getting moisturized all day long! Hope this helps!

Cococure...I should have explained myself better. Soslychic probably had no idea what I meant, thanks for clarifying for me
rosebud.gif

Thanks Cocoacure!
Toni, that's no problem.
laugh.gif
Thanks for the heads up. I probably wouldn't have had any idea why my hair was going limp
smile.gif

I went out and bought some sta sof fro on your recommendation and it is great! I sprayed it right away and my hair got soft, shiny and well moisturized. I wear a braid-out style and my curls were longer and looser, not the shrinkage look. I love the way sta sof fro work with my relaxed hair. Thank you soooo much for posting about this oldie but goodie.

Dutchess said exactly what i was going to say! Sta Sof Fro is great! Lol, my mom looked at me weird when i said i was going to buy some, and the salesperson was looking for my fro. Thanx for recommending it!

I bought the sta sof fro recently. I think it's a great product. It did make my hair soft, but it dosn't seem likes its so soft that it couldn't hold a style. Then again, I'm going on how it made my substancial amount of new growth feel and if I'm not mistaken, the majority of you are using it on your relaxed hair? Are their any naturals using this? (I guess thats who the product was originally made for)
laugh.gif

Yes, you're right Soslychic, it was originally made for Fros, thus the name Sta-Sof-Fro! So it won't make natural hair go limp, it'll just make it super nice and soft and really easy to comb or pick through. But with relaxed hair, it'll moisturize really well and make it so soft it's limp! Which again, is great if you're not expecting your hair to do anything and you're going to wear it in a bun! I swear by this stuff! Some of the best products are inexpensive and have been around for a long, long, time. This stuff has been around since at least the early 70's! I remember commercials on Soul Train on Saturday mornings! Tee Hee!!

i used it after i'd washed my hair, i did a braid out and it turned out great! i'd also used it earlier in the week to moisturize and it was good.

Hey Ladies,

Whats the difference between Sta Soft Fro and S curl? do they do the same thing? What are the ingredients in Sta Soft Fro?

Thanks,
Tee Tee

My god! This site is seriously turning me into a PJ. I just bought a bottle of the SSF just now.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, PEG -75 Lanolin, Fragrance/Parfum, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Collagen.
Hope this helps. It's mainly just water and glycerin, you can probably make your own at home.

I 've been using sta-sof fro for the past 2 years on and off. I've tried s-curl too, there both good but sta-sof fro is better. Plus I never had a problem with my hair getting too soft and breaking with sta-sof fro like with s-curl and I think the main reason is because it contains a little protein which balances the hair and keeps it from getting too soft causing breakage.

TeeTee, the difference between Sta Sof and S-Curl is the way they made my hair look and feel. S-Curl did a good job in moisturizing my hair, however, Sta-Sof-Fro kicked it up a notched - BAM!!!! and not only had my hair well moisturized, but my hair is super soft, shiny, my braid-out looks so much better now.

I can only use Sta-Sof-Fro on my new growth, it makes the rest of my relaxed hair soooo soft that I swear it looks pathetic lol.

I love the spray! I haven't tried the gel yet. I need to. Sorry for those that didn't like the smell. It really is a good product though, but I think it was originally marketed for men with Fro's so the smell isn't a light, sweet, perfumy, flowery smell geared toward us. But I promise I'm not leaving my house with my hair stinking!! I slick a little Wonder 8 oil in my hair too and it smells great and works nicely with the Sta-Sof-Fro!

[ QUOTE ]
MizzMocha18 said:
Dutchess said exactly what i was going to say! Sta Sof Fro is great! Lol, my mom looked at me weird when i said i was going to buy some, and the salesperson was looking for my fro. Thanx for recommending it!

[/ QUOTE ]
DITTO!

i may just have to get over the smell, but you know s curl, is kinda good, cause it mosturizes for a long time.

I love the spray too and here I was thinking all curl activators are the same. I'm trying the gel as soon as my care free curl gel is used up.

I cannot believe how soft and moisturized this gel makes my hair feel. I'll save the spray for when I get braids. $2.49 ain't bad for this stuff.

I bought it today! I used a lil, and I was pleased...sooo soft!

[ QUOTE ]
MoezThunder said:
which product is the best ot use on relaxed hair? the gel, cream, or spray?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't tried the gel/cream, but I think they might be better. I'm saying this because as much as I love the softness, it gets frustrating when the wetness from the spray ruins my rollerset curls. Also I find that after SSFing, the flat iron or curling iron does not work...actually that's a good thing, cos it prevented me from using heat
ohwell.gif

Does the gel also make the hair wet?

Back