Spinoff:Anyone meet their husband through on line dating sites? List sites

ChocalateDiva

I had no idea that all of those sites are out there. We have been trying to find men for my cousin's and have posted a few online profiles with NO luck.

Please list the sites that you know of to meet people.

We have posted on:

fling.com
onlinebootycall.com
soulsingles.com

Come ladies- list all that you know! This girl wants to be married in the next two years OR at least having a good time!!

Last edited:
I've never heard of onlinebootycalls.com. Is that a dating site, or another kind of site?

In no particular order, there are:

Blackpeoplemeet
Yahoo personals
True
Match
eHarmony
Chemistry

I had no idea that all of those sites are out there. We have been trying to find men for my cousin's and have posted a few online profiles with NO luck.

We have posted on:

fling.com
onlinebootycall.com
soulsingles.com

Come ladies- list all that you know! This girl wants to be married in the next two years OR at least having a good time!!

onlinebootycall.com are you for real ?

We have posted on:

fling.com
onlinebootycall.com
soulsingles.com

ok, i had to laugh at that one. you know ain't nobody finding a meaningful relationship on websites named "onlinebootycall.com and fling.com:lachen:"

unless, of course, she's looking for a booty call. if that's the case, hey, mo power to her.:lol:

I did...yahoo personals.
We emailed for a week, talked on the phone a couple of weeks, then met in person 04/2005.
Two months later we got in a relationship.
He proposed 06/2007, wedding planned for 03/2008. :)
I had no intention to meet someone since I was on there being silly, I didn't even pay for the membership, just signed up and created a profile. He found me in like 2 weeks..He said after we talked, he thought I was his soulmate. He said once he saw me in person, he was POSITIVE. :p It took me about 6 months before I knew...

Since we have VERY traditional families, only one person on each of our sides know the true story of how we met. It's funny since its our dirty little secret. :lol:
But now, its like, do we ever tell...cause if ANYTHING fails with us, someone will say..."it's because you got him from the internet.

For a person on the internet almost 6-8 hours a day, why not? They are no worse than the losers we meet in person. At least you get the screen them first via email and telephone conversations.

I did...yahoo personals.
We emailed for a week, talked on the phone a couple of weeks, then met in person 04/2005.
Two months later we got in a relationship.
He proposed 06/2007, wedding planned for 03/2008. :)
I had no intention to meet someone since I was on there being silly, I didn't even pay for the membership, just signed up and created a profile. He found me in like 2 weeks..He said after we talked, he thought I was his soulmate. He said once he saw me in person, he was POSITIVE. :p It took me about 6 months before I knew...

Since we have VERY traditional families, only one person on each of our sides know the true story of how we met. It's funny since its our dirty little secret. :lol:
But now, its like, do we ever tell...cause if ANYTHING fails with us, someone will say..."it's because you got him from the internet.

For a person on the internet almost 6-8 hours a day, why not? They are no worse than the losers we meet in person. At least you get the screen them first via email and telephone conversations.

My cubemate also met her husband on Yahoo Personals. They dated for about 4 months before they got married and have been married almost 5 years. :)

I've never heard of onlinebootycalls.com. Is that a dating site, or another kind of site?

In no particular order, there are:

Blackpeoplemeet
Yahoo personals
True
Match
eHarmony
Chemistry

We put her on some of the other sites like onlinebootycall.com and fling.com SO that she could maybe get some good sex if she couldnt get a good man!!!:D

I met my hub on Match.com

I have had friends that had success with BlackPeopleMeet.com

Also:

True.com
Lavalife.com
Interracialmatch.com
BlackPlanet.com is an oldey, but I have known several ppl who met their SO on there
Same with Myspace.com

personally blackpeoplemeet.com does have some decent men....in my personal exp..

I met my hub on Match.com

I have had friends that had success with BlackPeopleMeet.com

Also:

True.com
Lavalife.com
Interracialmatch.com
BlackPlanet.com is an oldey, but I have known several ppl who met their SO on there
Same with Myspace.com

I met a man from onlinebootycall.com. We chatted online for about a month, then added phone conversations for several months and then we met in person (met online in January 2004, met in person around July or August 2004). We are very close. He wants to marry me and I love him dearly. It was never just a "booty call" with us.

Back