Spinny: are the men in CHICAGO (midwest) really THAT good?

*SkolarStar*

People already started posting about Chicago so let me get this started. :lol: This is a spinny off of the d.c. thread. I've never been to d.c. but I've been to Philly and I saw what you ladies were talking about. I have been to Chicago and have had experiences with men from Chicago. I also live in Milwaukee so meeting men in the midwest is not out of the ordinary. Compared to what I've read in the d.c. thread and what I've experienced from men in the dmv, Chicago men are that good. Not only is it in comparison to d.c. but they just are. From what I've experienced, if they like you, they'll let you know. That does not look like it's happening in d.c. and if it does they want to make sure that you live in the right area. :perplexed

This thread is about the midwest in general so feel free to contribute Ohio, Indiana, or etc. experiences as well. If you have any tips about where to meet men or things to look out for with them (because we all know that anything dealing with the opposite sex is not a walk in the park) let us know.

Let's get started! :yep:

ETA: I just said "that good" because the other thread says "that bad". No super deep meaning to it.

Last edited:
Im curious too what do you mean by that good? I live in chicago and before i respond i need to know what you mean.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using SGH-T959

Chicago guys will let u know they like ypu but they wont let you know they like the girl down the street too lol! In my experience chicago men are no different than any men in other cities. I think you just have to luck up and attract the right man for you no matter what city you are in. With that said i would never move to chicago in search of a man.

I find Midwestern men to be more humble, laid back, willing to dish out compliments. Many of them tend to be more family-oriented, too, once they reach their late 20s and above. I've dated men of different races from Detroit, Chicago and Ohio.

I cannot say the same for the majority of DC men. I actually get turned off thinking about going on dates with them. DC men DO tend to have higher paid/status jobs/businesses usually, but they're a$$holes.

I find Midwestern men to be more humble, laid back, willing to dish out compliments. Many of them tend to be more family-oriented, too, once they reach their late 20s and above. I've dated men of different races from Detroit, Chicago and Ohio.

I cannot say the same for the majority of DC men. I actually get turned off thinking about going on dates with them. DC men DO tend to have higher paid/status jobs/businesses usually, but they're a$$holes.
I think you get a holes no matter the city because IMO that's what happens when most dudes get gassed up. Some of us are to blame though because we know alot of us like the status of dudes caking and this is a negative side effect for some of the gassed up dudes. I just think some can't handle being gassed up whether male/female cause some start feeling theirselves a bit too much.

Chicago men tend to be good but also players which makes them dogs. Many of my friends who live there cheat (men and women).

I live in Chicago. Chicago men are no better than the men in other states. There are some good ones, but more bad ones than good.

Chicago guys will let u know they like ypu but they wont let you know they like the girl down the street too lol! In my experience chicago men are no different than any men in other cities. I think you just have to luck up and attract the right man for you no matter what city you are in. With that said i would never move to chicago in search of a man.

Honestly, I don't think any woman should be silly enough to relocate for the prospect of finding a man. It's silly to me.

No, I'm looking for a European that comes and goes to Chicago. Hopefully one day I can go with him. Im starting to think New York is better for that. If anyone knows anything, hook a sista up! :look:

Last edited:
Um...

Ohio BM are a joke!!!(think kang) The WM are so Bro'ed its disgusting....

However I always has a blast when I traveled to Chicago..Met some great guys however wasn't up for a ltr... And i'm sure if I was single again I'd be a kid in a candy shop in NYC LOVE NYC men! All kinds of men :lick:

Yeah.

Not much experience over the Mississippi :look:

Lived in 3 picture top ten metropolitan areas. Dated extensively, men of all cultures and races. After all was said and done, my hubby is from Ohio, and I did move to be with him.

I've hooked up more than one friend with a quality, career minded, athletic and handsome man from this area.

I'm glad women overlooked my treasure!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

I miss Chicago!

Boston is cool, I actually have met a lot of men out here... but I do miss the Chicago scene. Men were more likely to open doors, compliment me freely, start up a conversation with me in the club. I'm back on the East Coast where the men seem to want to play hard to get.

Back