Spin-off: SAGITTARIUS MEN?

ugh no.

fickle. optimistic. dreamers. want to be loved, but scared to commit. social.

all the qualities i hate in a person :look: jk but for my personality type...nope.

AGREE!!!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=310109&highlight=sagittarius+men

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=579143&highlight=sagittarius+men

Worst experience ever....never mind, I was looking at the wrong thread and thought you were a libra....EDITED! Now that I think about it, that ninja was a bold motherf bc he actually told me he was in love with a libra and it was true....

Run! The Sag I dated was everything listed above. he was a habitual liar. He lied about any and everything. He was a dreamer he was so convinced he was going to the NBA and did NOTHING to even try to get there. Smh! Just Run!

ndidirod said:
Thanks gals. This is eerily on point. The Sag I met is all those things and manipulative.

Someone mentioned in the other thread how they love the chase. He loved to talk the talk about being in a relationship, but he never proved it. Once I fell into his trap, he went back to his old ways in no time. Then I found out he had a baby on the way. He loved to act like the victim and make it seem like I was the reason why we didn't work out. Oh! He was a huge user! I avoid all sags at any cost.

I'm a Sag and I agree...its called the "Bachelor" sign for a reason.

We LOVE the chase..but once we get you...we will get bored quickly once we have figured you out.

We want to be ADORED...but may not necessarily feel the same about you.

Our feelings are like light switches...very easy turn on/off at a moments notice

Cosigning, with all of the above.

ETA, my Sag friend is very giving but wishy washy when it comes to committing to anything.

Last edited:
I'm a Sag and I agree...its called the "Bachelor" sign for a reason.

We LOVE the chase..but once we get you...we will get bored quickly once we have figured you out.

We want to be ADORED...but may not necessarily feel the same about you.

Our feelings are like light switches...very easy turn on/off at a moments notice

Gin yes this is me to a T. I am working on it tho. I am getting married next year and my man loves all my crazy shenanigans.

I feel like there's two sides to every Sag.

My father is a Sag and he's very much like what people listed above.

BUT, my SO is a Sag as well (and my first time dealing with a Sag relationship wise). He can be indecisive at times but not when it comes to important matters. He's grounded, very focused on what it is that he wants, and is extremely loyal and giving when it comes to affection and love.

But, he's also a bit of a 'loner' and very reserved at times... He prefers more intimate settings as opposed to big outings. All of my friends feel like he's very reserved and almost shy but for him, it's that his comfort level rests really just with me where he can truly be himself. Sags like physical activity; SO's very athletic, whereas I am.. not :lol: Sags are all about doing things that center about keeping their interests piqued - my SO will exhibit this in everything he does. When we watch television, I'm fine with watching one. He must flip back and forth between ten. :lol:

They are somewhat into being independent.. The minute a Sag feels as though he's lost his freedom is when you'll probably lose his interest. Thankfully for us, I love my independence as much as he does, so we don't really smother each other with spending too much time together or feeling bogged down by one another.

They've got their bad qualities, but I'm an Aries and I KNOW I've got my fair share of bad qualities too. :lol: But their good qualities are really good if you're willing to dig past the surface. I think if you find someone who's really worth it, you should try it.

ETA: SAG'S ARE BRUTALLY HONEST!!! How the hell could I forget this one? I've had to almost punch SO in the throat numerous times because the way he says things sometimes are just all wrong and make you want to :blah::gunner7:. He's getting better at this but it's been a bit of a... project. Lol.

Last edited:
I'm talking to a Saggittarius guy now, and as a Pisces with Pisces Rising - I'm definently taken back sometimes by his brutal honesty, but i kind of like that, after dating a pisces guy who ..wasn't as honest.

As a Virgo, as soon as I hear a guy is a Sag, I put him in the friend box....wrap the box in chains, and dump it in the river. They're only good for coloring....we can't make anything else positive happen. I've dated 3 of them, and every single time it just goes down in flames...

Everything said here is on point. I hate Sag men.
Very sexual, but selfish.
Ego driven and commitment phobe
A dreamer, but blunt honest about YOU
Manipulative, but plays the victim role

I wish I had hooked up with a Leo. I get along soooo well with them.

I see them as blunt bc they sure do lie....everything in this thread is accurate. But when they are ready to settle down I believe they can be true...

Wait, be positive, keep believing, and all will surely be yours. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I have dated a Sag guy but I felt very little chemistry. I liked the assertiveness but he just seemed like the type that would take forever to commit or define the relationship. And honestly I didn't want it defined. They will give you your freedom, they can be very funny. The bluntness didn't bother me, and I really didn't notice it much. He had a roving eye and openly made comments about the women he ogled. GRRR

I have a Sag rising and Sag moon and a Sag guy is not what I really need. Me having so much Sag influence I need a somewhat possessive and grounded man to grab me and say, YOUR MINE!

Everything said here is on point. I hate Sag men.
Very sexual, but selfish.
Ego driven and commitment phobe
A dreamer, but blunt honest about YOU
Manipulative, but plays the victim role

I wish I had hooked up with a Leo. I get along soooo well with them.

My husband is a great man ,he s very family oriented ,kind,generous,selfless,sensitive and bright.Neither of us is very sexual .
Manipulative not really, his mother is ,and she s Pisces.
My Uncle is Sag and he s nothing like my DH

ALL MEN play the victim ,my father is a Cancer and he is THE victim,lol.

My husband is a great man ,he s very family oriented ,kind,generous,selfless,sensitive and bright.Neither of us is very sexual .
Manipulative not really, his mother is ,and she s Pisces.
My Uncle is Sag and he s nothing like my DH

ALL MEN play the victim ,my father is a Cancer and he is THE victim,lol.

You've got a diamond in the rough! Every sag i've been with was true to their sign. Bummer. :ohwell: Lesson learned.

Bold. Not all men couple manipulation with victimization. :ohwell:

This thread describes my SO to a T. He is a great guy but it takes a lot of patience to deal with him....we need a support group for those who are dating a Sag...lol.

I am married to a Sag. As someone up thread mentioned I think they can be both good sags and bad sags at the same time or rather have two facets of their personalities. And maybe at different stages.

People LOVE DH. LOVE DH. LOVE DH. I love how charismatic and gregarious he is. He's social and this fits with me very well. he can speak and hold court with people but on the flipside, he claims to often times hate that "everybody loves you" stuff or he retreats after he's had too much of people. They can be extroverted introverts IMO. I feel like Sags could be good politicians, they talk a good game, ALWAYS POSITIVE and yes are dreamers but I can see how they are perceived as insincere with their positivity too. DH's is a go getter, there is no questioning a Sag's work ethic and ability to get money. DH is a hustler. He can turn any bad situation around. When things get him down or he stresses, he still keeps his Happy go Lucky positive side. I know now now to push him or say "let's talk" because he's in his loner phase where he kind of retreats. So I let him. I am probably the only one who sees him "down". He doesn't like the feeling of vulnerability. Dh loves to say "oh no one understands me". Ok he's still saying that 14 years later, they can be manipulative and play the victim.

The ladies love these Sags. :lol:When I met DH he was a playboy. But I was a playgirl so it made me no mind. He had lots of "friends" loosely defined relationships AKA "I screwed her but now we're friends and it was never like that".:rolleyes: He dated a girl for five years and I asked him "Why didn't you ever marry her". He blankly stared and said "well I wasn't even dating her":lol: They do not want to be questioned about women they know. This could be good and bad if you aren't together. When we were dating, I wasn't pressed because as I've said in other threads, I was of the "single until married mindset". Sags hate jealous women or drama. You have to be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY confident to be with a Sag.

Sag's aren't so much afraid to commit, they are just distrustful. It's very hard to gain their trust so I think they don't commit because they fear someone being dishonest. Now they will lie or let me say when I met DH, he would "omit information" and I was like hello that's lying. But if I did that, it would be game over. But when a Sag is single, they truly feel single that they are not committed. I could buy that so it didn't bother me.

I have soo many people that after dh and I got married were like "how did you bag him?" I was like "no how did he bag me?" :rolleyes::look:Be very confident, be mysterious, they LOVE women they can't figure out, they are chasers. IMO Sags are some of the best masculine men if you're a very feminine woman. They are just a man's man which I LOVE. They are all Alpha male and you either love that kind of man or you don't. They make decisions and that's it, you can give your input but they aren't hearing you so you can just keep it. That's the best way I can tell you. Give them their space, love on them, they love love attention and to be "babied". Me being a feminine woman, this wasn't hard for me. I am very nurturing and attentive to DH. My personality is complimentary to his in that I want my freedom, I'm outgoing, pretty flirty but faithful and he doesn't crowd me. We both have very independent lives and different interests. I don't call him and say where are you (they hate that) I really can't explain it but if you kinda ignore them in general and balance that with being sweet, they will just love you.

When I dated dh I gave him his space and I made him chase me, but that's because I wasn't falling all over myself trying to win him like everyone else. In fact, he's still chasing me 14 years later if that makes sense. You have to keep these men on their toes because if they think they have you were they want you, they will get bored. I keep everything fresh, sex, food, love whatever. I still am mysterious like I will leave the house early saturday morning, not call him or text him all day and if he one time tries to call, he's like asking me 50-11 questions. They are SECRETLY jealous, don't let them fool you.

DH is also random, like "Hey you wanna go to ___" and it's like 6pm and he's talking about catching a flight somewhere. I am a planner but I admire his spontaneity. They hate details, so I handle all the details all the time. He just wants to know there is money in the bank, kids are being taken care of and I'm ok and he's like "oh ok everything is straight". They can be very focused when it comes to business and are ALWAYS trying to think of the next come up. I think details bore them. I can't explain it.

But for all their single non commiting when they do commit they JUST DO. And it comes out of nowhere. They either want the person or they don't, which is IMO like most men. We went from friends dating to engaged, I don't recall ever being boyfriend/girlfriend committed. they don't really want to define a relationship I think after the friendship part unless it's marriage which is why I think he TRULY believed he didn't "date the girl he was with for five years". Dh is very loyal to me. Very generous, he's always been a big spender. They also can be either unfocused or focused about money. Since Sags IMO have good business acumen, I've seen DH make decisions That I wouldn't make financially because I'd be afraid to be penniless the next day, but if he loses, he does, then he dusts himself off again and doubles that amount. I always joke and say DH is the LUCKIEST person I know.

They LOVE SEX. LOVE SEX. LOVE SEX. :look: So don't come with the same sex all the time, they will get bored with it. They are very outdoorsy and active, dh is athletic, we do all sorts of things all the time on the weekends. We are always traveling, taking mini trips here and there.

Last edited:
I am married to a Sag. As someone up thread mentioned I think they can be both good sags and bad sags at the same time or rather have two facets of their personalities. And maybe at different stages.

People LOVE DH. LOVE DH. LOVE DH. I love how charismatic and gregarious he is. He's social and this fits with me very well. he can speak and hold court with people but on the flipside, he claims to often times hate that "everybody loves you" stuff or he retreats after he's had too much of people. They can be extroverted introverts IMO. I feel like Sags could be good politicians, they talk a good game, ALWAYS POSITIVE and yes are dreamers but I can see how they are perceived as insincere with their positivity too. DH's is a go getter, there is no questioning a Sag's work ethic and ability to get money. DH is a hustler. He can turn any bad situation around. When things get him down or he stresses, he still keeps his Happy go Lucky positive side. I know now now to push him or say "let's talk" because he's in his loner phase where he kind of retreats. So I let him. I am probably the only one who sees him "down". He doesn't like the feeling of vulnerability. Dh loves to say "oh no one understands me". Ok he's still saying that 14 years later, they can be manipulative and play the victim.

The ladies love these Sags. :lol:When I met DH he was a playboy. But I was a playgirl so it made me no mind. He had lots of "friends" loosely defined relationships AKA "I screwed her but now we're friends and it was never like that".:rolleyes: He dated a girl for five years and I asked him "Why didn't you ever marry her". He blankly stared and said "well I wasn't even dating her":lol: They do not want to be questioned about women they know. This could be good and bad if you aren't together. When we were dating, I wasn't pressed because as I've said in other threads, I was of the "single until married mindset". Sags hate jealous women or drama. You have to be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY confident to be with a Sag.

Sag's aren't so much afraid to commit, they are just distrustful. It's very hard to gain their trust so I think they don't commit because they fear someone being dishonest. Now they will lie or let me say when I met DH, he would "omit information" and I was like hello that's lying. But if I did that, it would be game over. But when a Sag is single, they truly feel single that they are not committed. I could buy that so it didn't bother me.

I have soo many people that after dh and I got married were like "how did you bag him?" I was like "no how did he bag me?" :rolleyes::look:Be very confident, be mysterious, they LOVE women they can't figure out, they are chasers. IMO Sags are some of the best masculine men if you're a very feminine woman. They are just a man's man which I LOVE. They are all Alpha male and you either love that kind of man or you don't. They make decisions and that's it, you can give your input but they aren't hearing you so you can just keep it. That's the best way I can tell you. Give them their space, love on them, they love love attention and to be "babied". Me being a feminine woman, this wasn't hard for me. I am very nurturing and attentive to DH. My personality is complimentary to his in that I want my freedom, I'm outgoing, pretty flirty but faithful and he doesn't crowd me. We both have very independent lives and different interests. I don't call him and say where are you (they hate that) I really can't explain it but if you kinda ignore them in general and balance that with being sweet, they will just love you.

When I dated dh I gave him his space and I made him chase me, but that's because I wasn't falling all over myself trying to win him like everyone else. In fact, he's still chasing me 14 years later if that makes sense. You have to keep these men on their toes because if they think they have you were they want you, they will get bored. I keep everything fresh, sex, food, love whatever. I still am mysterious like I will leave the house early saturday morning, not call him or text him all day and if he one time tries to call, he's like asking me 50-11 questions. They are SECRETLY jealous, don't let them fool you.

DH is also random, like "Hey you wanna go to ___" and it's like 6pm and he's talking about catching a flight somewhere. I am a planner but I admire his spontaneity. They hate details, so I handle all the details all the time. He just wants to know there is money in the bank, kids are being taken care of and I'm ok and he's like "oh ok everything is straight". They can be very focused when it comes to business and are ALWAYS trying to think of the next come up. I think details bore them. I can't explain it.

But for all their single non commiting when they do commit they JUST DO. And it comes out of nowhere. They either want the person or they don't, which is IMO like most men. We went from friends dating to engaged, I don't recall ever being boyfriend/girlfriend committed. they don't really want to define a relationship I think after the friendship part unless it's marriage which is why I think he TRULY believed he didn't "date the girl he was with for five years". Dh is very loyal to me. Very generous, he's always been a big spender. They also can be either unfocused or focused about money. Since Sags IMO have good business acumen, I've seen DH make decisions That I wouldn't make financially because I'd be afraid to be penniless the next day, but if he loses, he does, then he dusts himself off again and doubles that amount. I always joke and say DH is the LUCKIEST person I know.

They LOVE SEX. LOVE SEX. LOVE SEX. :look: So don't come with the same sex all the time, they will get bored with it. They are very outdoorsy and active, dh is athletic, we do all sorts of things all the time on the weekends. We are always traveling, taking mini trips here and there.

OMG this is creepy how dead on all of this is...I felt like you were describing my SO.

Thanks for your input, very informative! :yep:

I am here for Sag men support. I have been with mine 15 years and married 14. They do get married, they just don't want to feel boxed in. If you can be confident and secure, they will stick around. I love Sag men though, they are traditional spouses e.g. like clear and defined gender roles.

I am here for Sag men support. I have been with mine 15 years and married 14. They do get married, they just don't want to feel boxed in. If you can be confident and secure, they will stick around. I love Sag men though, they are traditional spouses e.g. like clear and defined gender roles.

Zaynab

Yeah, I can see that with mine. The more I pull away the more he latches on.
I really have to work on my patience with him.... I'm used to dealing with very emotional men who are initiators...SO's laid back personality & approach to things drives me :pullhair: at times...

My DH is a Sag and this is spot on. :yep:

Mine is a Sag. I am a Pisces. He's amazing. I'm supposedly most compatible with Cancer men and the three that I have been with have all been a mess. They way you all are describing Sagittarians sounds like my ex who is a Virgo only he was mean in addition to being wishy-washy.

My Sag. committed immediately, before I did. Maybe it's his age and his upbringing, but he's very clear about what he wants and is dedicated to pleasing me. I probably drive him crazy because I am a Pisces through and through and I don't think that he gets me at times. I'm certain that he was a player and all of that in the past, but his father and mother raised them to be black nationalists an super honest. It's not in his DNA to be deceptive. He has little patience for game playing.

Back