So1913 Major Album Re-modeling

so1913

I've done some reorganizing in my album. New photos have been added, and the products are layed out and organized a little differently with some new stuff of course :). This includes a new "tools and accessories" album that has some of the items some people have requested to see.

I may have a few more updates before the weekend is up, but most of it is now complete :)

Ok...y'all beautiful natural ladies need to stop. You make me want to BC!!
so1913, Natrallady, and Nay keep up the good work!!

mscounselor said:
AWWWW Thank you so much mscounselor!!! I have many heads of inspiration including the ones you mentioned, to look up to!

mscounselor said:

There are sooo many great inspirations on this board, I love it!

Nay said:
Your album and hair are fabulous. You make it look so effortless ;)

Effortless??? Ha! Not quite, but I enjoy every minute (or so I tell myself, lol)

People like you give me something to look forward to.

Your hair is beautiful and inspirational :) I really enjoyed all of your pics and looking at the products too. I'd like to do a wash and go on my daughter's hair, but I don't know if it's possible. I'm not sure of her hair type (pics in my album). I'm thinking of trying it again with a few of the products in your album. Do you still highly recommend Asha's products?
Thanks for sharing.

Okay, I'm sooooo jealous! I'm washing out this press and I'm going to have my puff TOMORROW!! What do you hold your puff back with?! How do I get those FAT twists!! I've GOT to start trying more natural styles...soo jealous!! :) It's beautiful, girl!

You & your hair look fabulous! So Shiny & Healthy!

My hair looks alot like your's when it's wet but it's never that shiny when dry unless it's completely covered with gel.

Keep up the good work!

Armyqt said:
Your hair is beautiful and inspirational :) I really enjoyed all of your pics and looking at the products too. I'd like to do a wash and go on my daughter's hair, but I don't know if it's possible. I'm not sure of her hair type (pics in my album). I'm thinking of trying it again with a few of the products in your album. Do you still highly recommend Asha's products?
Thanks for sharing.

What a pretty little girl with BEAUTIFUL hair!!! I do HIGHLY recommend Asha's products. They are great! Your daughter has A LOT of hair! I wonder if at her age she'd be patient enough to walk around with dripping wet hair or sitting under the dryer for a long time to dry. I think the twist outs are awesome on her. If you do give it a try, I'd love to see the results.

naptrl said:
Okay, I'm sooooo jealous! I'm washing out this press and I'm going to have my puff TOMORROW!! What do you hold your puff back with?! How do I get those FAT twists!! I've GOT to start trying more natural styles...soo jealous!! :) It's beautiful, girl!

Thanks lady! I use an Ouchless Headband, looks like an over sized ponytail holder (pic in tools and accessory album).

Yes lady, I want to see what that bra strap length hair looks like now in it's natural state! It's grown SOOOO much!

babyanjel said:
You & your hair look fabulous! So Shiny & Healthy!

My hair looks alot like your's when it's wet but it's never that shiny when dry unless it's completely covered with gel.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks you sooo much! I guess the key to shine with my hair is it being well conditioned, and using light leave in's in moisturizers to give it that "glow" without looking "greasy" or oily. Keep in mind that the flash on my camera also enhances the shine ;)

so1913 said:
Thanks lady! I use an Ouchless Headband, looks like an over sized ponytail holder (pic in tools and accessory album).

Yes lady, I want to see what that bra strap length hair looks like now in it's natural state! It's grown SOOOO much!
Oh, okay! I have some of these!... Rushing home after work to get and so1913 puff!! :)

naptrl said:
Oh, okay! I have some of these!... Rushing home after work to get and so1913 puff!! :)

Hahah. I have to double them up. Sometimes they are too tight and take some "working in" to loosen up. I found the Satin covered ones somewhere (trying to remember) and they are looser than the regular ones.

I'll try it! I"m sure I'll have to double up too! I'm ready to try some natural styles, though. You still didn't tell me how to get FAT twists like that!

mysweetevie said:
Great updates...Still one of my favorite naturals :grin:

I have to buy a pretty puff... :ohwell: Maybe I will BC oneday.

Thanks lady! You will do it when/if you are ever ready ;) A lot of people do it when they aren't ready or for the wrong reasons and don't last.

If you ever get there, I got your back! It's a WONDERFUL feeling being natural, I don't know, very hard to explain it, but it is truly something :)

Thanks again!

naptrl said:
I'll try it! I"m sure I'll have to double up too! I'm ready to try some natural styles, though. You still didn't tell me how to get FAT twists like that!

Hahah, what twists? You mean the flat ones I did for a twist out, or there are some two strand single twists you were looking at?

naptrl said:
The two strand twists!

Oh, girl, I'm the LAST person you should be asking about two strands!!!

The ones that came out best out of all my attempts was done on dry, lightly blown out hair. I part rows with the tail of a rattail comb, and do the rest of the parting for sections of hair to twist with fingers. I used Tunde's Natty Dred Creme, which is a light pomade to twist and that was it. The smallest ones took about 4 hours. But my twists don't look neat too long, and the last set I did tangled pretty bad at the ends :-(

so1913 said:
What a pretty little girl with BEAUTIFUL hair!!! I do HIGHLY recommend Asha's products. They are great! Your daughter has A LOT of hair! I wonder if at her age she'd be patient enough to walk around with dripping wet hair or sitting under the dryer for a long time to dry. I think the twist outs are awesome on her. If you do give it a try, I'd love to see the results.

Thanks! I may pick up a few of Asha's products for her hair. I used to use CDHHB and Hairmilk. I like them, but I just hadn't re-ordered.

I was so inspired by your hair I went out and bought the blue gel and the cactus leave in :lol: So what is your method of doing your wash and go? I want to try it on my dauhgter's hair this weekend. You can send me a PM. Thanks again ;)

Back