Beyond 6.5 years Natural update

I just want to say thank you to all of those who waited.... especially those who waited both patiently and impatiently....

ehem anyhow I relaxed and cut my hair in this cute little doo :clap:

100_2448bee1-vi.jpg

Actually no thats me in an old wig......:rofl:

I really did this instead...:giggle: colored AND sisterloced, total time install almost 17 hours

:dance7:

close4-vi.jpg

close7-vi.jpg

close6-vi.jpg

album open*

Congratulations on the sisterlock journey! I knew it! I love the way it already looks full....this is gonna be great for you, you and the hubbs match! lol do you know how to retighten? I was absolutely obsessed with sisterlocks for a sec there and asked this lady about hers and she taught me how to retighten sisterlocks with a plastic sewing needle.

i knew it! love it

Congratulations on the sisterlock journey! I knew it! I love the way it already looks full....this is gonna be great for you, you and the hubbs match! lol do you know how to retighten? I was absolutely obsessed with sisterlocks for a sec there and asked this lady about hers and she taught me how to retighten sisterlocks with a plastic sewing needle.

Thanks...I was watching the process she went through to put the locs in and I saw the tool used to "tighten" the locs to the scalp. I assume that this is not that hard to learn...I know how to retighten traditional locs using "tools".

I think time is going to determine if I do it myself and at this point (because I don't have a lot of time) I'd rather pay my stylist to do it.

whew! I'm glad you didn't relax or cut it, Netta.

Your locs look great, Sista... nice and long!

I logged in just so I could see your new 'do! ;)

Have a blessed day! :sunshine:

whew! I'm glad you didn't relax or cut it, Netta.

Your locs look great, Sista... nice and long!

I logged in just so I could see your new 'do! ;)

Have a blessed day! :sunshine:

:clap::clap:Beautiful job Netta! Yes, good things do come to those who wait.

Guuuuurl I was about to put a hit out on you! Seriously they look great!:yep:

Congrats! I love sisterlocs and they look fab on you!

Congratulations!!! Your hair looks great!

Thanks, I am so happy that "now" I can just let my hair be! :clap:

About time Netta! And yes, it was well worth the wait. They look very nice. You will love not having to do anything to your hair. I know I do, and that's why I wear braids 24/7. I look forward to seeing cute little styles you do with them.

oh...this is tempting. I'm so non-committal. Can sister locs be reversed? I've not researched the site to see if there are threads on this. It's very pretty but I still like to use combs/brushes...

For those locc'd, what are the advantages/disadvantages to have the locs?

Congrats! I love sisterlocs and they look fab on you!

oh...this is tempting. I'm so non-committal. Can sister locs be reversed? I've not researched the site to see if there are threads on this. It's very pretty but I still like to use combs/brushes...

Not sure but I imagine if regular locs can be "unloc'd", then maybe these can.

I totally "feel" you coz it is my love for versatility that stops me from getting locs and so I stop short of them at braids and twists. I can wear these and be free for days on end and then when I'm tired of them, wear my hair out without losing length or taking a week to undo.

About time Netta! And yes, it was well worth the wait. They look very nice. You will love not having to do anything to your hair. I know I do, and that's why I wear braids 24/7. I look forward to seeing cute little styles you do with them.

Beautiful!!!

Yes locs can be combed out....but for me AINT no way. I am in it for the looooooong haul. Thats why I choose Sisterlocs because of the increased styling options.

They are beautiful Netta :yep:

Thanks! :hug:

Not sure but I imagine if regular locs can be "unloc'd", then maybe these can.

I totally "feel" you coz it is my love for versatility that stops me from getting locs and so I stop short of them at braids and twists. I can wear these and be free for days on end and then when I'm tired of them, wear my hair out without losing length or taking a week to undo.

What I like about SL and locs in general is that they already looked styled, in addition to that with SL I can do the same styles I did with my loose natural hair (roller sets, updues, braid outs/ twist outs/flat twist/bantus/cornrows/dye jobs....and the list goes on. I also like the fact that they will grow long with no problem because they are locs. No more protective styling...my hair is already protected. No more having to wear my hair up and hidden all the time. No more sealing my ends, no more detangling, no more combing...man the list goes on and on....

Whew I am excited...my mom is getting SL in June

I have not been this excited since I went natural over 6 years ago, :lol:

:bouncy:

I've been instructed to use shampoo only while my hair locs.....

My routine has instantly simplified...just when I thought it could not get any easier :clap:

Last edited:
Back