So Exactly What Do You Do All Day?

This is me. People make a lot of assumptions about me because I have a phd and I'm successful in my career, but I'd be a SAHW/SAHM in a minute. I just have to meet a man I can tolerate :look: who has the same vision.

Gurl, I hear you. I have a professional degree/license, :look: and I'm a Flight Attendant. I feel very rewarded in what I do (not to mention that I get to jet set), but I'd be a wonderful homemaker. :)

I have realized that I have to cut men off AT THE GATE who can't provide me with the lifestyle that I seek. I waisted too many years entertaining supposed "potential."

I became acquainted with a handsome Trini fellow who works for my airline as a Gate Agent. The divorce papers have been filed (so he says), and he's renting a room. :look: The kids are 9 and 8 months (red flag #3). I entertained the notion of a friendship for a millisecond before my spirit was convicted to drop that zero . . .I blocked his number. :look: I never gave him my real number anyway, :lachen:, but if he asks, I will simply tell him that "my spirit told me that nothing good would come out of this association." :lachen: Hey . . .I've finally learned.

@Zaynab taught me to wake up before him and have his tea/breakfast ready for him. I even lay out his clothes the night before.

Sometimes I take his lunch to him in cute outfits and heels. I need his colleagues to see how good he has it. I've even baked cakes for the colleagues. I want all the ninjas to marvel at how good he has it and all the ninja women to know they don't have enough hours in their day to do what I do.
Agree, but I don't do all that bc I'm not married. That's the stuff you get with the paperwork. :yep:
What do you do all day?

Chile you should have answered: I cook for my husband and when he comes home I give him oral.
^^^ How I answer when the querent is young and petty. :lol:

(Real masculine) Men like other people to see/know they have it good/it makes them look better, more virile.
SO just mentioned this to me. He says his boss (older bm) was taken aback initially cuz it's so unusual nowadays, but once he met me and got to know us better, he was like, Wow, I really respect that. And let me not get started on the white heaux at the job... :rolleyes:

I think y'all have a point. Since I've stayed at home I've started packing DH's lunch more frequently. I assume he brags about this because he is always talking about his coworkers asking what he has today. I've been talking about wanting to buy a wedding venue place and he's been telling everyone at work how he wants to buy me said venue so I can only work from home and towards a passion of mine. :2inlove: All of these things helps him look like a well deserving king with a princess as a wife.

I think y'all have a point. Since I've stayed at home I've started packing DH's lunch more frequently. I assume he brags about this because he is always talking about his coworkers asking what he has today. I've been talking about wanting to buy a wedding venue place and he's been telling everyone at work how he wants to buy me said venue so I can only work from home and towards a passion of mine. :2inlove: All of these things helps him look like a well deserving king with a princess as a wife.

Taraji_clapping_large.gif

Work people are nosey. They SEE it and he's getting big dack/masculine "points" from the other men.

(Real masculine) Men like other people to see/know they have it good/it makes them look better, more virile.

Bolded for emphasis. Major piece of game.

Yesterday was my husband's black alumni BBQ. (We met at this BBQ years ago!)

I knew DH was going to bring some vodka, so I made a big batch of my homemade lemonade. He said the guys kept saying, she really made this? She really squeezed the lemons? It's so good, it tastes so light and refreshing. It masks the vodka taste so well. Then, it became, where'd you meet her?! DH, was like, at THIS picnic. Lol.

By the end of the BBQ, his college homies were coming over to me bowing, kissing my hand and saying stuff like he's so lucky to have you, you treat him so well, where are the other women like you.

All from a 10 minute batch of lemonade.

Yesterday was my husband's black alumni BBQ. (We met at this BBQ years ago!)

I knew DH was going to bring some vodka, so I made a big batch of my homemade lemonade. He said the guys kept saying, she really made this? She really squeezed the lemons? It's so good, it tastes so light and refreshing. It masks the vodka taste so well. Then, it became, where'd you meet her?! DH, was like, at THIS picnic. Lol.

By the end of the BBQ, his college homies were coming over to me bowing, kissing my hand and saying stuff like he's so lucky to have you, you treat him so well, where are the other women like you.

That's so cute! Men are so simple. I love it. Feed them. Love them. Touch them. Color them and no one else. And make it publically known. lol

Gurl, I hear you. I have a professional degree/license, :look: and I'm a Flight Attendant. I feel very rewarded in what I do (not to mention that I get to jet set), but I'd be a wonderful homemaker. :)

I have realized that I have to cut men off AT THE GATE who can't provide me with the lifestyle that I seek. I waisted too many years entertaining supposed "potential."

I became acquainted with a handsome Trini fellow who works for my airline as a Gate Agent. The divorce papers have been filed (so he says), and he's renting a room. :look: The kids are 9 and 8 months (red flag #3). I entertained the notion of a friendship for a millisecond before my spirit was convicted to drop that zero . . .I blocked his number. :look: I never gave him my real number anyway, :lachen:, but if he asks, I will simply tell him that "my spirit told me that nothing good would come out of this association." :lachen: Hey . . .I've finally learned.
Oh hell no. We don't need any friends like that :lol:

The first flag was him being Trini :look:

Just say no to island boys

Agree, but I don't do all that bc I'm not married. That's the stuff you get with the paperwork. :yep:

^^^ How I answer when the querent is young and petty. :lol:

SO just mentioned this to me. He says his boss (older bm) was taken aback initially cuz it's so unusual nowadays, but once he met me and got to know us better, he was like, Wow, I really respect that. And let me not get started on the white heaux at the job... :rolleyes:
On that same vein, and I've discussed this when we talk about the plight of BM: I think when women collectively shift and make men meet a standard, I think that older men and men in general will be key in showing those who don't know, how to be men. Like, there's pride in being a man and have another man think you're doing a good job as a man/husband/father. Men care how they are viewed by other men, they naturally want to compete. Women spend alot of our time trying to save BM and "tell them how to be men", complain about what they aren't doing as men, we can't. And it's not worked yet. What we can do is change our actions and let men learn from each other. No man in the history of men has ever made any change because of a woman's words to do so.

I love it when this happens. We be feeling all :2inlove:. :lol:

Oan, tho, I hate when I tell people and they paraphrase it as '(temporarily) out of work.' No. If I was looking for a job, I'd pick one of the ones people keep offering me. :lachen:

On that same vein, and I've discussed this when we talk about the plight of BM: I think when women collectively shift and make men meet a standard, I think that older men and men in general will be key in showing those who don't know, how to be men. Like, there's pride in being a man and have another man think you're doing a good job as a man/husband/father. Men care how they are viewed by other men, they naturally want to compete. Women spend alot of our time trying to save BM and "tell them how to be men", complain about what they aren't doing as men, we can't. And it's not worked yet. What we can do is change our actions and let men learn from each other. No man in the history of men has ever made any change because of a woman's words to do so.
This is so essential. I remember on here I asked what things should I look out for or teach my son to be a good husband for someone else. Someone posted...."You can't. That's his dad's job." That's when I started realizing there was an even greater need for me to embrace femininity. The more I embraced femininity and be a girl without being my own man, the more DH would embrace masculinity and be a man. It worked so far. Hopefully DS sees how much his dad adores his wife and works hard for his family and in turn DS will one day aspire to be the same.

Last edited:
He's handsome too. He has curly hair in locs, and has a nice body. :lachen: At this point in my life, I'm looking for more than a wet tail. :lachen:
:nono: They always are. :lol:

(As an aside, if anybody's wondering, I dated them exclusively for a while bc they slipped past my SC/ AA censors. :lol: I can usually spot a bp on sight whose people come from SC, that's my type, but there's a certain type of brown skinned Trini who blends right in. And they be fine. And engaging. So I lingered a bit. :look:)

This is so essential. I remember on here I asked what things should I look out for or teach my son to be a good husband for someone else. Someone posted....you can't. That's his dad's job. That's when I started realizing there was an event greater need for me to embrace femininity. The more I embraced femininity and be a girl without being my own man. The more DH would embrace masculinity and be a man. And it worked so far. Hopefully DS how much his dad adores his wife and works hard for his family and in turn DS aspires to be the same one day.
I'm so happy you're happy and finding your footing. I was worried there for a minute, I even mentioned it to SO. (not to be gossipy, out of genuine concern.) *hugs*

I love it when this happens. We be feeling all :2inlove:. :lol:

Oan, tho, I hate when I tell people and they paraphrase it as '(temporarily) out of work.' No. If I was looking for a job, I'd pick one of the ones people keep offering me. :lachen:

Yup.

:nono: They always are. :lol:

(As an aside, if anybody's wondering, I dated them exclusively for a while bc they slipped past my SC/ AA censors. :lol: I can usually spot a bp on sight whose people come from SC, that's my type, but there's a certain type of brown skinned Trini who blends right in. And they be fine. And engaging. So I lingered a bit. :look:)

Right! I had one insist he take me to dinner, we had a class together. He was a real chocolate cutie. The next class he told me that it was my turn to take him to dinner. He was dead serious and was mad I declined. Called me selfish, self-centered and everything. *side eye*

Back