So Exactly What Do You Do All Day?

OP, you are very nice. Stop :giggle: It's no one's business what you do all day. You could be getting daily massages and sipping mimosas at 9 am and that's your business. If you spoil your husband or not that is between the two of you.

Whatshisface needs to worry about himself and his wife. You gotta remind people sometimes :look::bat:

You are new to this but trust it does not end with the questions.

Know what I did today? Nothing

Know what I'm doing tomorrow? Nothing

yes !! To this. As if you not doing anything, or not traveling is wrong.

I took this summer off from work, and I had several co-workers asking what would I do all day at home during the summer. I'm glad I took this summe off too - heck, I might take every summer off now, life is too short to be working non-stop especially with the type of children I deal with on a daily basis.

Well, as a black stay at home girlfriend :lol:, I do even 'less'. I earn my keep by being my normal vivacious self and that's enough. Now take a deep breath and say it with me, ladies, "That's enooooough." :lol:
All day every day. My husband is giddy coming home to a happy wife who is full of energy and happy to see him. That is enough until I decide otherwise.

I get the feeling if they had you would have given them the business.

giphy.gif

They'd never forget it! :lol:

This reminds me of the time me and SO were hanging with his bro and his bros friends, a married couple. SO was drunk and I was annoyed because of it. This was the first time I had met the marrieds. The guy was cool, but the the wife...my goodness she was insufferable. She was real bubbly, personable, and NOSY af! And like I said, I was annoyed with SO.

We all sitting around talking. So this bih in my face asking me questions about our relationship. Most of them were harmless, small talk questions. But whole time I'm answering in my idgaf, stfu, take a mfing hint voice and demeanor. Meanwhile the black valley gurl is yapping tf away.

So then she asks me, in her chipper ass voice with a smile from ear to ear "oh, I guess you don't like it when he drinks?" I got close to her face and said "you should probably stop talking to me now".

I ain't know black people could turn so red. After a few secs of silence, she stammered "oh my bad. sometimes I ask too many questions. DH usually tells me when I need to stop lol". I said "yea, DH you need to get your wife out of my face". And he did, too :lol: he shuffled her away.

Meanwhile SO starts laughing after the shock wears off. And I start laughing, too. And very quietly going off like this dumb bih think she gonna ****** question me. She gon ask some dumb ish like that. To me. A mfing stranger. To agree with her. About you? She lucky i didn't box her in her face. Why she ****** stupid yo? His bro just sitting there shaking his head :lol:

She had me all the way effed up y'all smh. But i wasn't mad at SO anymore.

We saw them at an event recently. The bih ain't speak to me :lol:

When she posts on social media, SO be like oh look what your best friend posted :lol: his dumbass.

People really think BW have to earn their keep. Fortunately, I don't get asked that question. Heck Idk if my close friends and family realize I only work 2 days a week now. It feels good & it's not their business to know.

Also, since you posted this you should get advice about that nosey teacher who's always in your business. :rolleyes:

:cool2:
People really think BW have to earn their keep. Fortunately, I don't get asked that question. Heck Idk if my close friends and family realize I only work 2 days a week now. It feels good & it's not their business to know.

Also, since you posted this you should get advice about that nosey teacher who's always in your business. :rolleyes:
It's only my lil soft adipose tissue that gets asked stuff like that. I already know.

#Boundaries

And my mouth so vicious I'm seriously scared of saying liken: Bruh stfu talking to me before I read your life. You know I'm nowhere in the middle. I'm 0 to 100 real quick. But I'm getting sooo old. My birthday is in four months. It's Time to level up.

Girl which one always in my business? Lol Teacher? "Who's a Teacher" :lachen:

A friend once told me people always act like black women need to work. She said people were mad her kid didn't go get a summer job and was vacationing in Africa. My mindset changed after that.

OP,live the best life you want on your terms. Your son will see this example and not value black women for being mules. It is so important. And cut this man off with a few choice words.

I have NEVER EVER EVER met an Indian Woman (with kids or none) who DOES NOT cook. Boy looka here. I bet another Indian man wouldn't even be having that

My friend told me, that especially the roti, they usually pay someone to deliver it to the house. It's mostly an impression. She stayed with her aunt in DC for a bit and auntie and her friends taught her the tricks of the trade.

A friend once told me people always act like black women need to work. She said people were mad her kid didn't go get a summer job and was vacationing in Africa. My mindset changed after that.

OP,live the best life you want on your terms. Your son will see this example and not value black women for being mules. It is so important. And cut this man off with a few choice words.
I really think this too. A male friend who does work on our house asked why I had shifted. I told him I'd gotten to a point where I hated going. He said look we all hate our jobs. I get up early in the morning and go to construction jobs I don't care anything aboutvery day. Sun in sun out. I replied I'm glad I'm not you. I'm no man and I'm no work mule. He laughed and said I guess you're right.

It made me think like femininity in the black community is perceived as lazy, indulgent, irresponsible. It's like it's a second class citizen. Because you can't measure its value...we believe it is okay to measure it less.

Last edited:
I really think this too. A male friend who does work on our hose asked why I had shifted. I told him I'd gotten to a point where I hated going. He said look we all hate our jobs. I get up early in the morning and go to construction jobs I don't care anything aboutvery day. Sun in sun out. I replied I'm glad I'm not you. I'm no man and I'm no work mule. He laughed and said I guess you're right.

It made me think like femininity in the black community is perceived as lazy, indulgent, irresponsible. It's like it's a second class citizen. Because you can't measure its value...we believe it is okay to measure it less.

I am African and so my experience is a bit different but I agree black people the world over seem to think we all have to work all the time. There is a fear of lacking that I completely get, but I think it is harming more than helping. We deserve the best we just have to believe it. Be it the whole staying at home or wanting other things. We deserve the best.

Last edited:
Friend:
Supervixen, what do you do all day? I'd be bored being at home all day.

supervixen:
Oh, I stay rested and hydrated so I can crack my legs open anytime and anyplace for my husband. *blink, blink, smile*

@PrissiSippi I have boundary issues with people too, I've just grown to answer vulgarly. You ask intrusive questions, I give you vulgar answers.

HOUSEWIFE checking in. I went from stay at home girlfriend to housewife and it's the best job of my life.

My sorority sisters didn't understand and would try to pawn extra chapter tasks off on me. No thank you. I can't be stressed from these tasks.

My MIL tries to get in DH's ear about how I need to work. Why? So we can send you more money? No thank you.

I recently had a "friend" try to tell me that she was smarter and more confident than me bc she works. Lol. I couldn't even burst her little bubble. You're telling me you're smarter bc you're building up some random man's vision who Supports his housewife, while sitting on the staircase of the house my husband bought for me, but you live in an apartment. *eye roll* You've got being a woman all twisted beautiful!

People really don't think BW should have this type of privilege. That's their issue not yours. Just keep reminding them you and your family come first!

My friend told me, that especially the roti, they usually pay someone to deliver it to the house. It's mostly an impression. She stayed with her aunt in DC for a bit and auntie and her friends taught her the tricks of the trade.
Oh for sure, Indian women, well families cater parties, dinners ALL the time. IME....they learn to do it themselves. My staff member prides herself on being able to make a good Roti...But note she wasn't born in the US. She is first generation here even though she is relatively young. She finished both her degrees in India, so she learned to cook back home by her mom and aunts. She got a heap of aunts. She is very very traditional. She wears her red dot and she wears the sign of marriage in her hair. Smart as a whip. Bengal Tiger mom all day. She kinda looks down on Indian women who cant make a good Roti. I guess its a THING. Ya know? lol.

HOUSEWIFE checking in.

People really don't think BW should have this type of privilege. That's their issue not yours. Just keep reminding them you and your family come first!

And there it is right there.

You said a whole word and can create a 8:00 AM Sunrise Church service on that word right there!
I mean you literally hit the nail on the head. Cause this attitude is true.

My grandmother (paternal) was a homemaker. She worked when my aunts and uncles were younger, but my granddad held it down for them and their 9...yes 9 kids. With a 2nd grade education. But he managed to open a successful business and sent all but one (due to a high school brain injury-sports) to college....And ALL of them but one went to HBCUs. The other got into UF. Not bad for a little black boy in the early 80s. But I digress. The bolded is a common attitude by black men, some black women, and non-blacks. And it makes me hoppin mad.

I am African and so my experience is a bit different but I agree black people the world over seem to thing we all have to work all the time. There is a fear of lacking that I completely get, but I think it is harming more than helping. We deserve the bestrew just have to believe it. Be it the whole staying at home or wanting other things. We deserve the best.

Its just like @Supervixen said.
And I'll be so bold and put it out there....they still don't really see us as WOMEN. Feminine....worth being taken care of. I meet young women (mothers to be) all the time who tell me they plan to move out of the workforce upon the birth of their baby because the husband or boyfriend just wants her to stay home and focus on their new baby. These aren't rich people. I tell them if she is comfortable with that, its a great plan. You only have a small baby once. I know there are black men who still feel more comfortable knowing their baby will be with the mom. And I'm glad. But these men don't have a platform cause they too busy working and taking care of their family to share these attitudes all over SM. I understand for some women its a risk---to put your trust in someone who could leave you high and dry....but that's for another thread. My point is that this thread is addressing an underlying attitude that I don't like. I feel like OPs friend has this attitude---that she needs to be working....that's why I recommended she cut him off. Cause he deada$$ wrong for saying that. When he got a goodfornothing by his side he need to worry about.

Oh for sure, Indian women, well families cater parties, dinners ALL the time. IME....they learn to do it themselves. My staff member prides herself on being able to make a good Roti...But note she wasn't born in the US. She is first generation here even though she is relatively young. She finished both her degrees in India, so she learned to cook back home by her mom and aunts. She got a heap of aunts. She is very very traditional. She wears her red dot and she wears the sign of marriage in her hair. Smart as a whip. Bengal Tiger mom all day. She kinda looks down on Indian women who cant make a good Roti. I guess its a THING. Ya know? lol.
So are the women I'm speaking about. They're very traditional. They're older now though, like 50s, early 60s. However they're well to do and are sahms. Their families eat different types of roti daily and it's delivered hot unbeknownst to their husbands. If you ask them though, they're slaving over a hot tawa daily and their roti is always round :lol:.

I guess because the husband in the OP is not Indian the wife doesn't even care to pretend...

Friend:
Supervixen, what do you do all day? I'd be bored being at home all day.

supervixen:
Oh, I stay rested and hydrated so I can crack my legs open anytime and anyplace for my husband. *blink, blink, smile*

@PrissiSippi I have boundary issues with people too, I've just grown to answer vulgarly. You ask intrusive questions, I give you vulgar answers.

HOUSEWIFE checking in. I went from stay at home girlfriend to housewife and it's the best job of my life.

My sorority sisters didn't understand and would try to pawn extra chapter tasks off on me. No thank you. I can't be stressed from these tasks.

My MIL tries to get in DH's ear about how I need to work. Why? So we can send you more money? No thank you.

I recently had a "friend" try to tell me that she was smarter and more confident than me bc she works. Lol. I couldn't even burst her little bubble. You're telling me you're smarter bc you're building up some random man's vision who Supports his housewife, while sitting on the staircase of the house my husband bought for me, but you live in an apartment. *eye roll* You've got being a woman all twisted beautiful!

Oh my gooooosh. You just gave me all of my life. *clutches pearls*. Lawd did you really snatcher her wig off like that lol :toocool:

Back