Slow growers unite 2014

Hey JJ. Welcome. Haven't seen you in a while.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

How you doing?

I was avoiding the hair forum for the next 3 years because that's how long it's going to take me to get past APL :lol: I'm tall + my hair shrinks, so make that 5 years!

Omg you pressed HanaKuroi?! What products.you use?

My hair is low density too. It ain't cute and the last 2 months straight or stretched reminds me why relaxers are not the business. So updos were :up: and helped retention.

It is all your fault I pressed!

I used grapeseed oil with a bit of coconut oil with ultra sheen creme satin press on the ends. I only used a little and i have lots of shine and movement.

I have bangs covering my five head. That wind yesterday had my hair blowing all over my head. I felt like I was going to fly away. Now I have it in a messy bun. I used some of that olive pomade last night before bed. Are you out of it yet?

How you doing?

I was avoiding the hair forum for the next 3 years because that's how long it's going to take me to get past APL :lol: I'm tall + my hair shrinks, so make that 5 years!

I have a long neck too. I will never get past APL. I have a giraffe neck and I am tall.

Um, I feel some kinda way about your post. Pay her no mind BUT she is kinda right? I don't think I need you on my side :lol:

What?!!!

I am about to get a switch. @DarkJoy trying to cut up in here.

My hair hates twists too. Maybe we should all change it up for a while. I have been doing braid out tucked puff buns foreverrrrrr. I pressed my hair and don't know what to do with it.

:eek2: I am just not winnin today! :lachen: :bighug:

It is all your fault I pressed!

I used grapeseed oil with a bit of coconut oil with ultra sheen creme satin press on the ends. I only used a little and i have lots of shine and movement.

I have bangs covering my five head. That wind yesterday had my hair blowing all over my head. I felt like I was going to fly away. Now I have it in a messy bun. I used some of that olive pomade last night before bed. Are you out of it yet?

That sounds yummy! That wind was too much. Kicked the allergies up 3 notches. Sounds like a lovely press, though.

Almost out of pomade! Cant believe it :nono:

Yep she is. Came in talkn trash and backtracking at the same time :nono: And to think I used to look up to her.

That was amazing. She pulled off/tried to pull off, both at once. She should go into politics. I am side-eyeing the mess out of her.

Who knew slow growers could be so... :gunner7:? :giggle:

All this height talk. I am short. Practically a midget. Getting to full SL is a struggle. :nono: This crown is stubbord AND retarded:nono:.

I agree we should mix it up and try new styles. Maybe some of what we've been doing isnt working for us. After this week, going back to straightening/stretching for the rest of the month and see how that goes...

:wave: AtlantaJJ!! Welcome!

All this height talk. I am short. Practically a midget. Getting to full SL is a struggle. :nono: This crown is stubbord AND retarded:nono:.

I agree we should mix it up and try new styles. Maybe some of what we've been doing isnt working for us. After this week, going back to straightening/stretching for the rest of the month and see how that goes...

:wave: AtlantaJJ!! Welcome!

That's just wrong :nono: :lol:

Why are you fussing at me :lol:

It's impossible for me not to monitor growth when I do my hair every week and my twist won't reach each other and are sticking in the air :sad: My hair is horrible today. I need to be able to sigh. (DEEP SIGH)

If I weren't dating this guy, I would shave my head :yep: and just keep it close.

:hug2: faithVA

Won't be no shaving of heads up in here ma'am! Hope you have better hair day soon.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Yeah my crown is an arsehat. :nono: It wants to stay short. Luckily I am short too. Probably the only benefit of being vertically challenged.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

Why are you fussing at me :lol: It's impossible for me not to monitor growth when I do my hair every week and my twist won't reach each other and are sticking in the air :sad: My hair is horrible today. I need to be able to sigh. (DEEP SIGH) If I weren't dating this guy, I would shave my head :yep: and just keep it close.

I feel you faith, I find myself checking my growth every week when I do my hair. At least you are dating, things could be worse...you could be single and have slow growth!

Woes me...my date night consist of me and a tub of some hair concoction.

I really thought I'd posted here before but I can't find anything. Forgive me if this is a double post.

Hair type
Very coarse in most areas, looser texture around ears and nape.

Did you ever have long hair as a child?
Nope.

How long have you been on your hair journey ?
4yrs

Was your hair damaged when you started your journey ?
Yes mainly from heat and poor maintenence. I hadn't had a relaxer in years before starting my journey.

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ?
4yrs lol

What are the hair issues responsible for impeding your growth ?
Length retention. It's hard for me to retain length because protective styles are my enemy. I have thin/fine so most protective styles I like look scalpy and they don't hold up well. I also have a pretty bad skin/scalp condition that requires me to wash my hair frequently.

If you managed to turn your hair round, how did you manage it?
I've found ways to keep my skin/scalp somewhat under control I still have flare ups but not as often. My condition doesn't have a cure yet so I still need to cleanse my scalp at least twice a week so I can only PS 3 to 4 days. The PSn has helped to retain length.

I really thought I'd posted here before but I can't find anything. Forgive me if this is a double post.

Hair type

Nope.

4yrs

Yes mainly from heat and poor maintenence. I hadn't had a relaxer in years before starting my journey.

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ?
4yrs lol

Length retention. It's hard for me to retain length because protective styles are my enemy. I have thin/fine so most protective styles I like look scalpy and they don't hold up well. I also have a pretty bad skin/scalp condition that requires me to wash my hair frequently.

I've found ways to keep my skin/scalp somewhat under control I still have flare ups but not as often. My condition doesn't have a cure yet so I still need to cleanse my scalp at least twice a week so I can only PS 3 to 4 days. The PSn has helped to retain length.

Welcome! I think I post in challenges I only thought I was in but never joined. I am hoping we all have a growth spurt now that the weather is warmer. The winter was so harsh!

Hair type

Nope.

4yrs

4yrs lol

This sounds exactly like me, and I actually made it to 4 yrs with my last hair journey before I had to cut it to a fade again last August. The last time I had a relaxer was 9 yrs ago

Do you mind disclosing the condition you have? mine is a mix of seborrheic dermatitis and psoriasis randi415

I feel you faith, I find myself checking my growth every week when I do my hair. At least you are dating, things could be worse...you could be single and have slow growth!

Woes me...my date night consist of me and a tub of some hair concoction.

:bighug: You and your girls need to get out on the town.

I still spend Friday nights with my hair concoctions :lol: I need that me time at the end of the week.

Hair type

Nope.

4yrs

4yrs lol

Welcome randi415.

I don't have a condition but I do cleanse my hair and scalp twice a week. My scalp dehydrates quickly.

How long is your hair now, maybe we can help you come up with some styles.

I feel you on things looking scalpy. Supposedly I have dense hair but you can't tell it when I put twist in. The horror :lol:

Welcome! I think I post in challenges I only thought I was in but never joined. I am hoping we all have a growth spurt now that the weather is warmer. The winter was so harsh!

Thank you! Yes that harsh cold did a number on my hair. The cold always dries my hair and skin.

Ok I was so frustrated with my hair style that I went home and cowashed and put in two strand twists. I haven't worn them in a minute because the last time my hair dried out so much when I wore them.

HanaKuroi I used the marshmallow balm in a kimmaytube leave-in variation and it works well.

I'm still cutting splits out of my head so it takes me all night to do my hair but it looks like I may be able to twist my hair in 2 hours. So hopefully I can keep my twist moisturized between cleansings and they don't frizz up to much. If so I will try to hold this style throughout July. Then maybe I can flip between flat twists for a month and 2 strand twists for a month. We will see.

Welcome randi415.

I don't have a condition but I do cleanse my hair and scalp twice a week. My scalp dehydrates quickly.

How long is your hair now, maybe we can help you come up with some styles.

I feel you on things looking scalpy. Supposedly I have dense hair but you can't tell it when I put twist in. The horror :lol:

Thank you! I'm just a tad bit below SL. I can bun which I do a lot of the time. My go to styles for work are a bun, two flat twist (one on each side), or a combo of both. Cute, neat, but sometimes boring.

faithVA said:
Ok I was so frustrated with my hair style that I went home and cowashed and put in two strand twists. I haven't worn them in a minute because the last time my hair dried out so much when I wore them.

HanaKuroi I used the marshmallow balm in a kimmaytube leave-in variation and it works well.

I'm still cutting splits out of my head so it takes me all night to do my hair but it looks like I may be able to twist my hair in 2 hours. So hopefully I can keep my twist moisturized between cleansings and they don't frizz up to much. If so I will try to hold this style throughout July. Then maybe I can flip between flat twists for a month and 2 strand twists for a month. We will see.

Do you have a recipe?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Back