Slow growers unite 2014

I guess I need to mosey on over to this thread. Hi, I'm growinstrong and I'm a slow grower :lol:. I'm currently relaxed, 4B with APL hair. I'm currently taking a Women's One a Day multivitamin, Manetabolism and vitamin D-5000IU. I exercise, eat pretty well and consume protein shakes. I cant for the life of me understand why my hair grows so darn slow :nono:. My current length, in my siggy. I'm trying to get to MBL and I havent measured, but it looks as if I need about 6-7 inches.

Honestly getting discouraged. I am getting twist extension for the next 6 weeks to see if my retention can overcome this slow growing status. Based on the results, I will keep getting back to back extension to see if I can make APL by year end. No more playing in my hair if I want to see progress.

I'm a little annoyed too ronie. That's why I'm kinda over it. I ps (with my own hair in twists) pretty much at all times, yet I have little to show for it. :ohwell: My hair is soft, healthy, and feels great. It's obviously longer than it's ever been in life, so I guess I shouldn't complain...but still. I think it has grown/retained about 1" since my last real LC in December. :rolleyes:

Our texture is very similar. These fine strands aren't a joke. I have started to use protein weekly, like the SSI Okra or SD MSI. I have upped the Komaza treatments to once every 4-6 weeks.

I guess I need to mosey on over to this thread. Hi, I'm growinstrong and I'm a slow grower :lol:. I'm currently relaxed, 4B with APL hair. I'm currently taking a Women's One a Day multivitamin, Manetabolism and vitamin D-5000IU. I exercise, eat pretty well and consume protein shakes. I cant for the life of me understand why my hair grows so darn slow :nono:. My current length, in my siggy. I'm trying to get to MBL and I havent measured, but it looks as if I need about 6-7 inches.

Welcome growinstrong

I was on You Tube all weekend! I know not to compare my growth to others, but it's soo hard when you see people who have been able to surpass your hair growth in a shorter amount of time!!!:ohwell::nono::perplexed:sad: Okay, just had to get that out.

charmtreese I have stopped doing this. It was driving me crazy. Most people 27 months post relaxer are at least APL or longer. I'm still doubtful I will make APL by year end. Good news: my nape and edges are the longest they have ever been my whole life. All I want is 12 inches of hair all over. BSL is my final goal.

Yeah, you can't really compare. I don't do any of that anymore. :nono:

ronie I agree. I've decided that MBL is my final goal in which I will monitor things. If I make WL by keeping my hair healthy, that's fine...but if not. :yeshrug: I'm gonna go into coast mode after December lcs.

I think it is hard not to compare especially if you are in any challenges. To be in the SL challenge and have people shave their head and then be at SL on their way to APL when I'm still trying to get past EL is ... I don't have words for it.

Very frustrating. :nono:

Loll. I saw mzmomo's update last week, and her flat iron hair was comfortably resting at BSL without pulling. I was like: didn't she just shave her head? Lol. Her hair looked beautiful with nice even ends too.

:lol: I aint wanna say nothing! :look: I was like, "Hol' on! She's BSL!?" :drool: :rolleyes: :lick: :perplexed

As a slow grower my focus is on retention. If this was a race slow and steady would win. I feel like a slow grower appreciates every inch and takes time to make sure that every strand is loved and protected. So far I have retained all of my growth since my last trim Sept '13 and Im not planning on trimming until my stylist makes the recommendation.

How is everyone doing?

This is definitely me. I'm kind of a slow grower too. I have to focus on retention more than anything.

Very frustrating. :nono:

:lol: I aint wanna say nothing! :look: I was like, "Hol' on! She's BSL!?" :drool: :rolleyes: :lick: :perplexed
:lachen::lachen: Watch her make waist length by the end of the year.

I wasn't going to name names :lol: Yep, she will pretty much go from twa to MBL in a year.
:lachen::lachen: Oops.

I'm a little annoyed too ronie. That's why I'm kinda over it. I ps (with my own hair in twists) pretty much at all times, yet I have little to show for it. :ohwell: My hair is soft, healthy, and feels great. It's obviously longer than it's ever been in life, so I guess I shouldn't complain...but still. I think it has grown/retained about 1" since my last real LC in December. :rolleyes:

Our texture is very similar. These fine strands aren't a joke. I have started to use protein weekly, like the SSI Okra or SD MSI. I have upped the Komaza treatments to once every 4-6 weeks.

Froreal3 yes these fine strands are a real challenge. I have mastered keeping my hair soft at all times to the point i can go up to 3-4 days wearing it out without moisturizing. Keeping it strong and resilient is the real challenge. I have been 2 inches away from APL since december. Tell me how i'm still not there. It's closed, but not there.
I have to admit that i don't PS as much as i should, but i wear low manipulation styles most times

growinstrong welcome

Im going to do inversion next week. I did it last month and it seemed to give me a little boost :) I used warmed jbco and I massaged for 4 minutes then I hung my head off of the edge of my sofa. I got a little heavy handed with the oil so I only used it every other day

Im going to do inversion next week. I did it last month and it seemed to give me a little boost :) I used warmed jbco and I massaged for 4 minutes then I hung my head off of the edge of my sofa. I got a little heavy handed with the oil so I only used it every other day

I might join you. I'm straightening Memorial Day weekend and it would be nice to get all the length I can before then.

Nice ronie. Make sure you show pics. I think I might go ahead and do a self install of Senegalese twists one of these days.

Nice growth FroReal!

I think I will get the best retention by taking my supplements while in protective style mode. We will see if I can keep my hair hidden as long as I plan before I start missing my hair. :lol:

faithVA said:
deep sigh (sigh)

We aren't monitoring growth until July. No sighing. We are here to maintain and have no setbacks. Slow and steady wins the race.

Let's rejoice about where our hair is today and remember where it could be. On the floor. :lachen: All of it.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

We aren't monitoring growth until July. No sighing. We are here to maintain and have no setbacks. Slow and steady wins the race.

Let's rejoice about where our hair is today and remember where it could be. On the floor. :lachen: All of it.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Why are you fussing at me :lol:

It's impossible for me not to monitor growth when I do my hair every week and my twist won't reach each other and are sticking in the air :sad: My hair is horrible today. I need to be able to sigh. (DEEP SIGH)

If I weren't dating this guy, I would shave my head :yep: and just keep it close.

Why are you fussing at me :lol:

It's impossible for me not to monitor growth when I do my hair every week and my twist won't reach each other and are sticking in the air :sad: My hair is horrible today. I need to be able to sigh. (DEEP SIGH)

If I weren't dating this guy, I would shave my head :yep: and just keep it close.

Awww, I am sorry. :bighug: sigh all you want. Also do not ever shave your head.

I wish we could do our hair with our eyes closed.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Awww, I am sorry. :bighug: sigh all you want. Also do not ever shave your head.

I wish we could do our hair with our eyes closed.

I won't promise you about the hair. You might want to pray I get engaged :lol:

I wish I was bold enough to wear my hair like Solange then I wouldn't have to do it at all. :ohwell:

I'm trying to be patient. It must be time to switch up styles. I just need to find something that is quick and can last a few days.

I won't promise you about the hair. You might want to pray I get engaged :lol:

I wish I was bold enough to wear my hair like Solange then I wouldn't have to do it at all. :ohwell:

I'm trying to be patient. It must be time to switch up styles. I just need to find something that is quick and can last a few days.

No shaving your head. No. No, ma'am.

I will add you to my prayer list. Solange is Solange. Not many can pull off a Solange.and sometimes she can't either.

Yep, you need a new style.

I pressed my hair and I can see that I had some growth. But my hair feels so thin. I am not used to wind on my scalp either.

I hear your frustrations faithVA. Pay no mind to HanaKuroi. She hecka serious up in here :duck: :hide::rofl: she is kinda right tho :look:

Speaking of slow growing. Dang. Apparently, my hair hates twist outs with a passion. I am sporting the first TO in 2 months. Prior 2 months it's been straightening and/or French rolls in various configurations. I retained almost an inch!

TOs are probably must too much drama for these fine strands on the daily.

This is MY thread! :yay:

Why am I just seeing this? I guess because I never venture over to these parts because my hair grows so slow.

The good news is that it is indeed growing and I am retaining! Praise God.

I hear your frustrations faithVA. Pay no mind to HanaKuroi. She hecka serious up in here :duck: :hide::rofl: she is kinda right tho :look:

Speaking of slow growing. Dang. Apparently, my hair hates twist outs with a passion. I am sporting the first TO in 2 months. Prior 2 months it's been straightening and/or French rolls in various configurations. I retained almost an inch!

Um, I feel some kinda way about your post. Pay her no mind BUT she is kinda right? I don't think I need you on my side :lol:

Questions;

Hair type: 4b

Did you ever have long hair as a child? Longest length was APL

How long have you been on your hair journey ?
I will start counting 2011 when I started regrowing my hair after some health issues.

Was your hair damaged when you started your journey ?
It wasn't damaged, I had hormone related hair loss.

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ? 3 years

What are the hair issues responsible for impeding your growth ? Menopause

If you managed to turn your hair round, how did you manage it?
Right now I wear 100% protective styling and I'm retaining 85% of my growth. I'm trimming my ends because my hair is growing in thicker now.

Questions;

Hair type: 4b

Did you ever have long hair as a child? Longest length was APL

How long have you been on your hair journey ?
I will start counting 2011 when I started regrowing my hair after some health issues.

Was your hair damaged when you started your journey ?
It wasn't damaged, I had hormone related hair loss.

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ? 3 years

What are the hair issues responsible for impeding your growth ? Menopause

If you managed to turn your hair round, how did you manage it?
Right now I wear 100% protective styling and I'm retaining 85% of my growth. I'm trimming my ends because my hair is growing in thicker now.

Welcome AtlantaJJ

What?!!!

I am about to get a switch. DarkJoy trying to cut up in here.

My hair hates twists too. Maybe we should all change it up for a while. I have been doing braid out tucked puff buns foreverrrrrr. I pressed my hair and don't know what to do with it.

Omg you pressed HanaKuroi?! What products.you use?

My hair is low density too. It ain't cute and the last 2 months straight or stretched reminds me why relaxers are not the business. So updos were :up: and helped retention.

Back