Slow growers unite 2014

I'm hoping to make it to APL before summer hits full swing. I think that I'm between 2-3 inches away. I'm still in denial about how slow my hair grows (.25 inches/month). With that in mind, it's more likely that I'd hit APL by the end of the year.:sad:

Have you tried the nozzle from Sally's to help you get the oil directly to your scalp? Maybe you wouldn't have to take your braids down. You could get the oil to your scalp and just massage it in.

You mean that bottle with like five nozzles across that looks like a fork? The roots applicator something or other? faithVA? No, I haven't tried it because it didn't look like it would work on natural hair. The NJoy bottle just has the regular spout type.

[USER said:
Froreal3;19721747[/USER]]You mean that bottle with like five nozzles across that looks like a fork? The roots applicator something or other? faithVA? No, I haven't tried it because it didn't look like it would work on natural hair. The NJoy bottle just has the regular spout type.

I have it and I'm 4b. I like the way it works. I actually just finished using it. It is only a few dollars. I think it is worth a try. I don't use it on braids because my hair isn't long enough for 2 or 3 braids. But I do separate my hair into 8 sections and just oil the inside of those sections.

I have it and I'm 4b. I like the way it works. I actually just finished using it. It is only a few dollars. I think it is worth a try. I don't use it on braids because my hair isn't long enough for 2 or 3 braids. But I do separate my hair into 8 sections and just oil the inside of those sections.

faithVA Thanks! I will try it.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

I'm about 3 inches from apl. For me, that means it will be the and of the year before I can claim it. My crown is only 3-7 inches which makes the challenge for apl even more difficult. I don't think I get more than 4.5 inches of growth a year.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes wassup with the lazy crowns? Mine is now maybe EL and the nape is almost cbl again. Just makes the hair not look full but rather thin and scraggly.

Praying the crown makes NL this year.

Yes wassup with the lazy crowns? Mine is now maybe EL and the nape is almost cbl again. Just makes the hair not look full but rather thin and scraggly.

Praying the crown makes NL this year.

My crown has issues as well. Nape is great, but crown is only like 8 inches compared to the rest, which is like 10-12"

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

I have crown issues as well. For myself I believe the culprit is that the scalp in my crown area tends to be dryer than the rest, so it doesn't stay as hydrated. So the hair in that are tends to stay dry as well. I found that at least water rinsing every 3 days helps even though I don't always do it because my hair is too short to style mid-week. I have been doing scalp treatments for the past 2 years at least and it has definitely improved. I am starting to notice my the hair in that area starting to act more like the rest. It still has a ways to go though.

faithVA I like the nozzle a lot. I get more scalp coverage this way.

:yay: I'm glad it worked out for you. It's scary recommending things because they might not work. But that little nozzle works great. I like that I use less oil. If you dilute your shampoo, I think it also great for that as well.

Questions;

Hair type: 4b texlaxed

Did you ever have long hair as a child? Never longer than SL

How long have you been on your hair journey ? This year will make 3yrs

Was your hair damaged when you started your journey ? Yep

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ? The first time 1yr than I butchered it and this time 2 yrs.

What are the hair issues responsible for impeding your growth? HIH syndrome along with trying every new hair somethy that pops up (coffee rinsing, tea rinsing, avj rinsing, coconut milk rinsing, coconut milk relaxer, trimming wrong, product junkie)

If you managed to turn your hair round, how did you manage it? Still a work in progress.

Decided to cowash today. I don't usually cowash midweek, but I worked out hard and felt like my hair/scalp needed it.

I just sprayed my hair with avj/glycerin and put jbco on my scalp. Now im doing a full head baggy until bedtime.

Yall, I don't know much taking these Priteva vitamins have helped my growth in three months. I am not sure how great my three month March length check will be. :ohwell:

I have my :crossfingers:

Question for everyone:

I tend to set ambitious goals (like WL 2014 and I am BSB/BSL w/5 inches to go). Do you think we're kidding ourselves when we do this? I did retain about 5 inches last year, but that was in addition to using topical growth aides. :look: Sometimes I doubt myself and think I will be lucky to make full MBL this year (which is about 3 inches away).

Do you set realistic goals for yourselves or are you ambitious?

I have set SL as the goal in 2015. I really hope I'm being realistic. I mean I have a TWA (really low) right now.

How is everyone doing? I'm hoping I get a boost this Spring. I seemed to have a growth spurt of two inches in two months between May and June last year.

I think I will set a goal of full MBL by the end of the year rather than WL. I mean, I think I can get 5 inches, but I don't want to be disappointed if I don't. I'm staying in the WL 2014 challenge just in case though. :look: MBL was my original goal when I came on here. I didn't even think it was possibly...and now I'm so close.

All i can say is that my edges are the longest i have ever seen them in my whole life. My edges, when pull to the front. never reached the outer corner of my eyes. They are now pass the bridge of my nose. They can almost fit in my ponytail. They are the shortest sections (5.5 inches) of my whole head, but they have made the best progress so far.
My crown is also making me happy. It outgrew my measuring device, lol. I usually measure my hair against my rat tail comb, and then measure the distance on the comb with a measuring tape. My crown is now 10 inches, and the comb is 9.5. My crown has always been fast growing. My nape is only 8, and the rest of my hair ranges between 7 and 7.5

I just ordered a puff cuff from amazon. Im gonna bun and wear protective styles while I grow my hair out. I will do a length check later this month

I am in this sew in and its been 4 weeks. I have 4-5 more weeks to go. I hope it did more good than harm. I'm hoping for at least an inch of magic but I will probably only get a half. Then its touch up and trim time. Can't wait!

I really just want the weather to warm up. I feel like my hair isn't growing because of the cold. I've also stopped doing length checks because my hair seems short to me now. I got a trim in December to even things up (one side was longer than the other) but I miss tugging the longer side and seeing length. :lachen: I've not been obsessive about length checks but I'm hoping that when I next check that I'll be thoroughly surprised!

All i can say is that my edges are the longest i have ever seen them in my whole life. My edges, when pull to the front. never reached the outer corner of my eyes. They are now pass the bridge of my nose. They can almost fit in my ponytail. They are the shortest sections (5.5 inches) of my whole head, but they have made the best progress so far.
My crown is also making me happy. It outgrew my measuring device, lol. I usually measure my hair against my rat tail comb, and then measure the distance on the comb with a measuring tape. My crown is now 10 inches, and the comb is 9.5. My crown has always been fast growing. My nape is only 8, and the rest of my hair ranges between 7 and 7.5

ronie so glad to hear about your edges. My crown is giving me problems. IDK why it seemed to break off right in the very middle. It's like a one inch diameter piece that is only about 5 inches long. I'm annoyed because I feel like I take care of my hair well enough. :ohwell:

I just ordered a puff cuff from amazon. Im gonna bun and wear protective styles while I grow my hair out. I will do a length check later this month

Prettymetty I want to try that. The lady's puff in the review (Laquita) looked really nice and full! Let us know how you like it.

I am in this sew in and its been 4 weeks. I have 4-5 more weeks to go. I hope it did more good than harm. I'm hoping for at least an inch of magic but I will probably only get a half. Then its touch up and trim time. Can't wait!

Babygrowth Don't forget to show pics of your touch up!

I really just want the weather to warm up. I feel like my hair isn't growing because of the cold. I've also stopped doing length checks because my hair seems short to me now. I got a trim in December to even things up (one side was longer than the other) but I miss tugging the longer side and seeing length. :lachen: I've not been obsessive about length checks but I'm hoping that when I next check that I'll be thoroughly surprised!

snoop I used to do monthly length checks, but I've since switched to quarterly. My hair grows too slowly to be checking no monthly. If I grow an inch or 1.5" per quarter and retain it all, I'm a happy camper. :yep: That means by the end of the year I will have reached another milestone.

How is everyone doing? I'm hoping I get a boost this Spring. I seemed to have a growth spurt of two inches in two months between May and June last year.

I think I will set a goal of full MBL by the end of the year rather than WL. I mean, I think I can get 5 inches, but I don't want to be disappointed if I don't. I'm staying in the WL 2014 challenge just in case though. :look: MBL was my original goal when I came on here. I didn't even think it was possibly...and now I'm so close.

I would love to have a growth spurt :yep: I don't know if I've ever had one or not.

Not much going on here. Finally able to wear my hair in 2 strand twists. I set them on perm rods so they are sort of presentable. Just trying to relax and stay calm until my hair is longer to put into a nice flat twist updo.

Hair type: 4b/c, relaxed

Did you ever have long hair as a child? I had APL as a child, then got it cut at 14 and haven't had it that long since.

How long have you been on your hair journey ? 2 years but just recently got serious with it

Was your hair damaged when you started your journey ? Yes, heat damage from daily flat-ironing, dry and brittle from lack of moisture

How long did it take you to get from where you were length and health wise to where you are now ? I'm just starting out so I'm nowhere near the length and healthy hair that I want

What are the hair issues responsible for impeding your growth? Heat Damage and very dry hair. I need daily moisture for my hair which I wasn't always giving it

If you managed to turn your hair round, how did you manage it? I've been using Castor/Peppermint Oil for the last 4 weeks and I've definitely noticed a big difference in retaining moisture. I've also added bi-weekly protein that has helped shedding and stopped using heat on my hair. It's only the first month so hopefully I'll start seeing the benefits in the next few months.

I think I had one between May and September last year. I was seeing progress on a monthly basis.

So was I ronie. I hope I get one again. I was seeing at least 1/2 a month. Two months in a row I grew one inch per month. I was psyched. I probably retained a whole three inches just in those months. After September...mostly nothing. :lol:

Anyway, I was coming on here to say that I dusted for the Spring equinox. It was painful...but I got it done.

Today I decided to get serious about losing this baby weight. I have to lose 37lbs. I will start eating cleaner, exercising daily and drinking more water. Im convinced that my sedentary lifestyle and junk food diet are the reasons for my below average hair growth. I will check in after 2 weeks to report any changes. My weight today is 167 :blush:

Yall I'm not looking forward to length checks like I used to last year. I think I'mma probably just check in June and again in December. My desire is waning...though I still want long hair. It's like watching a pot. ANGTFD :yawn:

Part of it is because I don't wanna go through the process of stretching my hair, then dislocating my arm to do a check. :lol: Part of it is because I want to wait longer to give my hair some time to surprise me with something worthwile.

Back