Slip

vtoodler

What do you guys mean when you say that a shampoo or conditioner gives your hair "slip?"

Does it mean that the product makes your hair bouncier?

Last edited:
IMO
Conditioner gives slip when it makes my hair easier to detangle and literally feel slipperier than other conditioners.

It makes the hair easier to detangle. If the comb glides through with the conditioner, it has slip.

slip = lubrication. It allows the hair strands to slide/slip against each other instead of gripping/catching.

Another questions: which shampoo and which conditioner have given your hair the most slip?

Last edited:
Another questions: which shampoo and which conditioner has give your hair the most slip?

That's different for everyone I think.

Some vo5 moisturemilks are slippy to me.
herbal essence's hello hydration is slippy to me too.

Last edited:
Usually a product that makes wet-combing easier, the comb just glides through the hair.

Many conditioners have -cones,-xanes in them, These ingredients give the hair slip. However they build up after three consecutive uses so you have to clarify your hair.

A shampoo doesn't necessarily give the hair slip, although I'm sure some folks will have a contrary view on that. For me though, the shampoo is used to cleanse the scalp. I don't really shampoo the lengths as it can be so drying. My hair can feel moisturised though if I use a good moisture rich shampoo.

As for conditioners that gives the most slip, that depends on your hair texture, relaxed or natural etc and other factors. Not all conditioners work for everyone so you may need to go through some trial and error to establish what works best for you.

Aphogee Deep Moisture shampoo actually gives my hair slip.
Nexxus Humectress, Avlon Keracare, and Mizani Moisturefuze all give my hair slip (I'm relaxed).

Back